So, Mr. Robinson...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
10/19/2014 06:19 PMPosted by Fujiko
In everyone's opinion who's head contains a working pair of human eyeballs.

Well, I guess not.

10/19/2014 06:20 PMPosted by Tailari
"We'll feel" wasn't the qualifier on that statement though

Actually, their "feelings" are a qualifier that it was an opinion.

10/19/2014 06:20 PMPosted by Keathil
http://i.imgur.com/1Flh30M.jpg

Yes, clearly it is my "opinion" that those two faces are different. /sarcasm

Clearly it actually is...the same head shape and the eyebrows are the same shape as well. What is different is that the new models are a far higher def. You do not have to "draw a line" for eyebrows, you can make them look a bit more real.

Maybe it is just the old computer person in me that understands what happens when you up the resolution. Oh well, use the old models if you want your toon to look the way it did,
10/19/2014 06:08 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx
10/19/2014 06:05 PMPosted by Tailari

As you can read above, they promised us objective art. A like for like change that is simply higher quality.

Even if it was subjective, that doesn't magically make white the same colour as blue.

http://i.imgur.com/KeqAqTd.png

It's funny, it's like you want the new models to be EXACTLY THE SAME as the old ones.

But if they were, you'd all be complaining about how the new models are too similar. See, this is why Blizzard handles feedback on a 3rd party site.

That's ironic because they have same face syndrome right now, not because the could have more personality like their original painted faces. No one would complain if the had logged in and saw a new model that looked exactly like their character.
10/19/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Solaru
Art is...
A) Pancakes
B) Waffles
C)Crumpets
D) Subjective
E) All of the Above

An incorrect point awkwardly made.

Reactions to art are subjective, although they often follow cultural or species norms.

The analysis and critique of art can be quite objective.
10/19/2014 06:03 PMPosted by Solacoasta
10/19/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Leafstar
That's not an answer. The new models should reflect how our models used to look, not how they look now.

it is an answer, quit complaining or quit the game.

What would we do without a self appointed commissariat?
10/19/2014 06:35 PMPosted by Cagakusei
If you like the new models, use them.
If you hate the new Models, use your old model and shut up.

Nah, I'll hold blizz accountable for doing it wrong by pointing out the problems and asking for a change. Because you know, I'm a paying customer and it's my right.

If YOU hate this discussion feel free to not click the forum link.
10/19/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Stonzgrinda
10/19/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Solaru
Art is...
A) Pancakes
B) Waffles
C)Crumpets
D) Subjective
E) All of the Above

Reactions to art are subjective, although they often follow cultural or species norms.

"wahhhh my eyes are a different shape" is neither an analysis nor a critique.
10/19/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx
10/19/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Stonzgrinda

Actually, "wah my eyes are a different shape" is an analysis and implies a critique....
10/19/2014 06:41 PMPosted by Solanar

Nah, I'll hold blizz accountable for doing it wrong by pointing out the problems and asking for a change. Because you know, I'm a paying customer and it's my right.

You are but one of the millions of customers with millions of opinions. This isn't quite as easy as telling Blizzard to change it. "Make it better" isn't proper criticism.
10/19/2014 06:35 PMPosted by Solaru
Clearly it actually is...the same head shape and the eyebrows are the same shape as well. What is different is that the new models are a far higher def. You do not have to "draw a line" for eyebrows, you can make them look a bit more real.

Maybe it is just the old computer person in me that understands what happens when you up the resolution. Oh well, use the old models if you want your toon to look the way it did,

I wonder if you would be this obtuse about this if it was draenei that got the shaft instead of female humans. I suppose gnomes and dwarves look odd too but I can't say much since I don't play them at all.
10/19/2014 06:41 PMPosted by Solanar

We are all paying customers and none of us have rights in this game beyond no longer paying for it. Those dissolved once we clicked accept. They could take away faces completely and there is nothing beyond no longer playing that we could do about it.

People are finding things to complain about now. You look at the back of your head the majority of the time. Quit being ridiculous.
10/19/2014 06:44 PMPosted by Keathil
I suppose gnomes and dwarves look odd too but I can't say much since I don't play them at all.

Trust me...
My pain is constant and sharp.
10/19/2014 06:44 PMPosted by Tailari

Actually, "wah my eyes are a different shape" is an analysis and implies a critique....

It implies nothing but petty entitlement.
I understand the passion that went into this post but you didn't actually say what the problems with the models you have are.
10/19/2014 06:46 PMPosted by Cagakusei
People are finding things to complain about now. You look at the back of your head the majority of the time. Quit being ridiculous.

If you don't care how your character looks, leave. These types of topics do not concern you.
10/19/2014 06:47 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx

Man, posting in this thread is dangerous man...

I'm nearly cutting myself on all the edge coming out of this guy. Watch out guys!
10/19/2014 06:47 PMPosted by Keathil
10/19/2014 06:46 PMPosted by Cagakusei

if you don't care how your character looks, leave. These types of topics do not concern you.

The purpose of a forum is for discussion, not echoing the same opinion.

If you can't handle it then maybe you're the one who should leave. For your own sake.
I would agree that the new models are superior to the old ones in almost every way. The same cannot be said for the faces (esp. the texture work on the faces) See for yourself:

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k476/elurinpally/oldcuruvsnewcuru_zps9d856782.jpg

side by side comparison with the adjustments made to the new to make it as near as possible to the old model. You be the judge on what looks better.

imo, especially the eyes just look dopey
10/19/2014 06:48 PMPosted by Catriya
10/19/2014 06:47 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx

Man, posting in this thread is dangerous man...

I'm nearly cutting myself on all the edge coming out of this guy. Watch out guys!

Epic... simply, truly epic. Upvoted good sir!
And I've been a fool and I've been blind
I can never leave the past behind
I can see no way, I can see no way
I'm always dragging that dead horse around
All of his questions, such a mournful sound
Tonight I'm gonna bury that dead horse in the ground
Cause I like to keep my issues drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Its not subjective that the female faces look nothing like the old female faces. They are, in fact, objectively different.

...in...
...your...
...opinion.

Blizz seems to have a differing opinion.

A couple million fewer subscriptions and Blizz will change their cubicle hivemind opinion. Starting with flight. So many sycophants will get their noses wrenched out of joint when the reversals come along.