So, Mr. Robinson...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
10/19/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx
The purpose of a forum is for discussion, not echoing the same opinion.

If you can't handle it then maybe you're the one who should leave. For your own sake.

I know you are a troll, but holy crap. You realize that Cagakusei was the one telling other people to stop talking about it right?
10/19/2014 06:47 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx

Actually, "wah my eyes are a different shape" is an analysis and implies a critique....

It implies nothing but petty entitlement.

Incorrect. It implies that the person giving the critique does not think that the eyes meet the original design goal of "the same but higher quality".

Saying people complaining are "entitled" when they are asking for what they were told they would get, doesn't make what they are saying incorrect.
10/19/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx
10/19/2014 06:37 PMPosted by Stonzgrinda

An incorrect point awkwardly made.

Reactions to art are subjective, although they often follow cultural or species norms.

The analysis and critique of art can be quite objective.

"wahhhh my eyes are a different shape" is neither an analysis nor a critique.

It is a critique. I have not been crying or whining, I am straight up stating the obvious flaws. Same-face is an issue, models should not have the same face. Customization decreased with the model update, not increased. Not sure how I can be any clearer or less emotional than that. It is a fact.
As much as I'm really unhappy with the overall models, I found one thing I like about the new humans---the new stealth stance
10/19/2014 06:52 PMPosted by Keathil

If you can't handle it then maybe you're the one who should leave. For your own sake.

I know you are a troll, but holy crap. You realize that Cagakusei was the one telling other people to stop talking about it right?

And?
10/19/2014 06:44 PMPosted by Azivalla
10/19/2014 06:41 PMPosted by Solanar

Nah, I'll hold blizz accountable for doing it wrong by pointing out the problems and asking for a change. Because you know, I'm a paying customer and it's my right.

If YOU hate this discussion feel free to not click the forum link.

You are but one of the millions of customers with millions of opinions. This isn't quite as easy as telling Blizzard to change it. "Make it better" isn't proper criticism.

Yup and if I were but one voice, shouting at them for a change, I would agree. However a quick browse over the forums will show you that there are A LOT of people upset with the quality of the changes.

This is how we get things fixed. By being here. By making it known we aren't happy.
10/19/2014 06:50 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx
Epic... simply, truly epic. Upvoted good sir!

I tip my fedora to you. You truly are a gentleman and a scholar.

Which you haven't been doing at all, right?
I don't absolutely hate the new female draenei faces like I thought I would, but very few of them are reminiscent of the originals, which is pretty upsetting.

This face somewhat looks like its low-res counterpart, but I don't much care for the larger eyes and the exaggerated facial expressions. They make my character feel too cartoony, even for WoW.

I do, however, like the changes to the model; the body. It's a lot smother and has more fetching color blending.

The updated animations are pretty decent, too. They FINALLY fixed the ridiculous turning bug that's been present since Cataclysm. The run animation is strange: it's a bit bouncy, but more fluid than the original. And the smartest thing they did was not alter my melee animations at all: those were and are fantastic.

Overall, I think the model update is a solid change, but not really an improvement. The old models and faces were fine, and the new ones, while not fully capturing the essence of the old ones, have quite a few good features that outweigh the glaring drawbacks.

This doesn't really satisfy the stated goal of the character updates, though. That's why so many people aren't happy with the changes.
10/19/2014 06:44 PMPosted by Keathil
I wonder if you would be this obtuse about this if it was draenei that got the shaft instead of female humans. I suppose gnomes and dwarves look odd too but I can't say much since I don't play them at all.

Shall I post on a human female? How about a dwarf female? One of my several Gnomes? How about any of my 15 90s or the several others that are 80+?

Do not presume that the toon someone posts on is their only toon.

Reactions to art are subjective, although they often follow cultural or species norms.

As I said, computer art changes when you up the resolution. It 99 times out of 100 becomes more realistic. I can look at all my toons and say...yup, that is my toon only in high def. I did not use one face change and only changed one hair style because the style looked better in the higher resolution.
http://i.imgur.com/T5NXxxa.png

How on the Light's green Azeroth is that the same cow?
Not sure if this one has been linked yet:

http://i.imgur.com/FfYgn5E.jpg
10/19/2014 06:57 PMPosted by Snuzzle
http://i.imgur.com/T5NXxxa.png

How on the Light's green Azeroth is that the same cow?

Based on the feedback of some in this thread, higher definition changes shapes... and colours... and lips. I guess.

I'm being facetious obviously.
10/19/2014 06:59 PMPosted by Nope

Oh man.. That profile. Totally just the result of higher definition -_-
10/19/2014 06:42 PMPosted by Röùgêlòrdqtx

"wahhhh my eyes are a different shape" is neither an analysis nor a critique.

Actually it is both within the parameters set by Blizzard. Replicating the original looks but with higher definition was their express benchmark. They failed to achieve their self defined goals.
I look at some of these new models, namely gnome females, and think "How do you get it that wrong, with the basis RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU." I mean, it's like they didn't even LOOK at the old models to update them.
Also: To those saying "Just use the old models." That is NOT what that was meant for. It was meant to be used on low end computers so they can keep playing the game.
It's really just people complaining about change. It was like when Mario went from 2D to 3D. So much criticism. In this case the issue at hand is the fact those complaining feel they know the direction and design better than Blizzard. You have no idea about their original designs, the constraints behind these designs. You had models that pretty much had been hit in the face with a shovel lacking any kind of depth. Blizzard fleshed it out, and designed the new models in the spirit of the old. (My human still looks like a human female doesn't it? A tauren still looks like a tauren.) And they succeeded on that. Just because you don't like what the level of depth rendered gives you no right to chastise Blizzard like this.

Blizzard is NOT your company. Blizzard did NOT bring you into board meetings. And they sure as hell DID NOT hire you to do the art. So stop complaining like you know how the company planned to do these better than the company. This is just going way beyond "My opinion" from people. Blizzard set out do do something, people cried and they changed. And they still cry. They gave you the old model options because they know they can't please everyone. If they changed these models tomorrow to all the stupid screen shots and edits I've seen you'd still have another crowd pissing and moaning. Get over it. This isn't your game, these aren't your models.
10/19/2014 06:59 PMPosted by Nope

Those eyebrows...

Yeah, totally the same.

10/19/2014 07:05 PMPosted by Llyss
It's really just people complaining about change.

No, it's people complaining about the change after Blizzard said that they wouldn't change. Go read the articles. Blizzard themselves state it multiple times.
More:

http://i.imgur.com/OfW0Uo2.jpg

10/19/2014 07:05 PMPosted by Llyss
It's really just people complaining about change.

It's really not.
10/19/2014 06:54 PMPosted by Ashran
As much as I'm really unhappy with the overall models, I found one thing I like about the new humans---the new stealth stance

I'll buy that. Take your victories where you can find them!
10/19/2014 07:03 PMPosted by Stonzgrinda
They failed to achieve their self defined goals.

In your opinion.

10/19/2014 07:00 PMPosted by Tailari
Based on the feedback of some in this thread, higher definition changes shapes... and colours... and lips. I guess.

Sorry you do not like the explination...use the old model if you wish to see the exact same thing.