Tweaks/Suggestions/Feedback on new models #4!

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 25 Next
10/19/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Makki
https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/523234260832886785

Apologies if this was already posted, but in a way your threads have been acknowledged Makki. Good to see.

Yay! Makki is Twitter famous... sorta. ;) I really hope all this data/feedback gets put to good use.
10/19/2014 06:21 AMPosted by Dela

Apologies if this was already posted, but in a way your threads have been acknowledged Makki. Good to see.

Like they listened to/looked at all the good, constructive feedback during the beta? Uh huh, about that.
On the skeleton face from the forsaken ladies, can someone give me that picture link? I posted the wrong one and now I can't find it ^^;;;

10/19/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Mailmann
10/19/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Makki

Yay! Makki is Twitter famous... sorta. ;) I really hope all this data/feedback gets put to good use.

Wait, me famous?......*hides behind rock* DX Nuuuu! I can't be famous looking like a llama!!!
10/18/2014 08:12 PMPosted by Snuzzle
That toothless male night elf roar went live, just by the way...

Lol Makki I just noticed you're in Retro Raiders. Lambo has been bugging me to join them :p

You should!! Then you, me, and my friend can call ourselves the frothing rabid llamas. *cackles*
10/17/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Necrotìca

Their response was basically that they are watching for player feedback on the new models and will possibly be fixing concerns in the form of more customization options rather than directly changing what we have now since the face one person hates someone else loves.

This is exactly why they should have delayed the release of the models.
10/19/2014 04:52 AMPosted by Snuzzle
10/19/2014 02:39 AMPosted by Nikeisha
WHY is anyone doing this... This was not their character to be adding their own "story and character" to. These are long established characters with a lore of their own. Was the person adding "their own story and character" to each model a long time player of that particular race/gender? If not then what, exactly, qualifies them to make such sweeping changes to "story and character"?

Well of course we're adding our own story and character to our own player character! Otherwise Snuzz here would just be generic tauren druid #12587302.

That said, what they've done is NOT artistic license.

Google fanart for your favorite celebrity. That is artistic license. They all manage to keep the same features, regardless of skill or style.

Suddenly sprouting eyebrows ten inches above where they should be, changing skin tones, changing lip and eye color, changing noses... those are not artistic license. Those are sloppy work at BEST.

Yep. Changing colors (and copy/pasted textures) really doesn't have a whole lot to do with artistic licence.

We expect that some will have had different interpretations of those old blurry textures than the ones we arrived at, and that's why we brought some of the recustomization features in-game for "free" (small gold cost like other barbershop features), and with that you can hopefully find new combinations and options that do appeal to you.

I tried this and did not find anything even close.
10/19/2014 11:50 AMPosted by Nooly

We expect that some will have had different interpretations of those old blurry textures than the ones we arrived at, and that's why we brought some of the recustomization features in-game for "free" (small gold cost like other barbershop features), and with that you can hopefully find new combinations and options that do appeal to you.

I tried this and did not find anything even close.

Kinda hard to when you only have 4 faces and they all look like llamas.
10/17/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Makki
Night Elf Males:

Another point for Night Elf Males: their legs are oddly shaped, and are longer (front to back) than they are thick... if you look at them from the right angle, one leg appears twice as thick as the other. They're not properly curved around.
10/19/2014 12:16 PMPosted by Own
10/17/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Makki
Night Elf Males:

Another point for Night Elf Males: their legs are oddly shaped, and are longer (front to back) than they are thick... if you look at them from the right angle, one leg appears twice as thick as the other. They're not properly curved around.

O_o;; I need a picture, show me this abomination of legginess!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14610681412

I'd just like to leave my previous detailed Night Elf Female post here as a reference.

Females and males are still in need of work.
Males - we definitely feel your pain. You have voiced some of the same problems over and over.
10/19/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Makki
Wait what!? Okay, I want pictures, that HAS to be added.

http://i.imgur.com/UL8kefv.png

Though sadly I checked with toggling the models on and off (I was planning on comparing them in a shot), and it seems this is an issue with this mount and not with the new models- it does the same on the old ones. I had assumed they might have changed how they were rigged up on mounts, but this one looks to be just on the horse's end, not the gnome. False alarm there.
10/19/2014 12:29 PMPosted by Porcelina
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14610681412

I'd just like to leave my previous detailed Night Elf Female post here as a reference.

Females and males are still in need of work.
Males - we definitely feel your pain. You have voiced some of the same problems over and over.

*Gasps* Hi Porcie! I haven't seen you since Beta! Oh speaking of which there's my old cataloger thread from beta in your list *blush*

And thanks for the ref thread! Hm...wonder if I should add links to more 'indepth' explanations for races on the lists.... since there's so many good ones on a single race themselves...
10/19/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Sibyln
10/19/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Makki
Wait what!? Okay, I want pictures, that HAS to be added.

http://i.imgur.com/UL8kefv.png

Though sadly I checked with toggling the models on and off (I was planning on comparing them in a shot), and it seems this is an issue with this mount and not with the new models- it does the same on the old ones. I had assumed they might have changed how they were rigged up on mounts, but this one looks to be just on the horse's end, not the gnome. False alarm there.

*breathes* Ooh thank goodness, after the Draenei girls falling through the chairs I was getting worried at this point. Thanks for the check up Siby.
Just to restructure my complaints about the models really comes mostly down to the animations and body proportions.

A lot of the models straight looks wise still need a lot of tweaks, don't get me wrong, but the animations and body proportions are in my opinion the biggest issue with me with the new models. Again, not every model has this problem, Male Draenei are an improvement in just about every single way for example (though still could use some adjustments in the arms, neck, shoulder armor size and placement, etc), but most of the races I'm used to played just feel way too different.

The animations I see that I feel need improvement based off the races I play (sorry ladies I only play male characters) are the following:

Dwarf
Night Elf
Tauren
Troll

All these models have way too much bounce and over emphasis on their run cycle (minus Tauren ill go into specifics later) and it has become a distraction completely to play using these new models. I feel the races above need to be refined the most.

The ones I feel could use some tweaks, though if they didn't I wouldn't complain are the following:

Orcs
Gnomes

And finally, the races I feel (again purely animation/proportion wise) are a solid improvement across the board are:

Human
Draenei
Undead

Again, this is almost entirely in relation to MALE characters and their proportions and animations, I do not play female characters at all.

For specific tweaks, I'll go into them in detail for each of the races in the first list, starting with Dwarf.

Essentially the dwarves look excellent, theres some clipping issues with some of their casting animations and should armor placement, but that is minor. But really their run is just annoyingly bouncy. I played dwarf warrior in vanilla specifically because of their meaty run cycle. They swung their body back and forth a bit, but never up and down. I feel like I'm playing as bambi on my dwarf.

Night Elves, well, what can I say that hasn't been said about a billion times already. Again way too bouncy, way too over exaggerated. They need a neck adjustment, and need to feel tall and stalky again, not fragile and smooth. Funny how female NE's complain about being overly masculine, when I feel the new male NE's are too feminine.

Tauren are just way too floaty, their run cycle looks like they are going to fall on their face at any minute and their arms just come out to the side way too much. Switching back and forth between old and new, the new just feel way more wide then the old ones. Also the jumping and falling animations remind me of the "wacky inflatable tube men" you see at car dealerships.

Trolls again are just too bouncy, looks wise I feel they are solid, but its just another distracting thing I can't seem to get used to.

There are many other tweaks I could go into, but I find that these are the most important to the ones I have experience with.

Thanks for reading if you did.
Stopping by to bump the thread, and wondering where all the other model threads went. Most of what I see on the main page today are complaints about leveling, balancing, that sort of thing. It's quite depressing how everyone appears to have cooled off so quickly.
Welp.....I just confirmed something I saw on Imgur the other day. Was a tattoo of a spirit healer someone got, great story. But someone commented in WoD you could see down her robes now.

.......Well I was dead a good while because I had jumped off a waterfall and landed in a horrible place I couldn't get back to unless I ran aaaaaaall the way back up to Kai Lun....

So standing before the spirit healer, I remembered this comment and looked.

And you totally CAN X_________X;;

We're having graphic glitches and terrible issues, but they had time to add that in!?
I just wanted the chance to give some feedback myself. This is one of my favourite female draenei appearances.
http://imgur.com/5sI4i1d

Now, the originals (The two on the left) are the one I love, because it is one of two draenei faces that I feel stand out from the others (Even the old draenei models had a little bit of same face syndrome, a phenomenon that has been escalating in severity ever since BC with each new race added.) But I LOVED this face(the original). Look at how angular, fierce, and strong it looks! Even a little angry, one could say (and not in the silly way that the characters look angry while casting now). It's unique, and full of character. The new face has eyes that are not only way too big for my original character, but way too big for all the other faces as well. And what's with the eyeliner and crazy eyelashes? The original face had some dark eyelashes/eyeliner at the one outer corner of the eye, that kind of helped define the eye shape. The new eye just looks like... well, I believe someone has already compared the humans to this: it looks like the eyes of a barbie doll. And every new female draenei face looks no different from ANY of the other new faces aside from slight lip colour change and maybe the eyebrows moved a little, so it's not like I can choose from a variety of new things. They're all the same. I mean, is it really that difficult to have different shaped faces/eyes/noses? The old models had that, why can't the new ones?

And yes, the noses.
The main problem with the new draenei noses is that the bridge is too narrow and curved/sunken in (as opposed to being straight as viewed from the side), and the tip is too large/round in comparison (in the originals, the bridge was narrow at the top but then widened out evenly all the way to the end). It gives them an entirely different look, an entirely different ethnicity, so to speak. Especially in combination with the new, big, round eyes, it just looks too different, with very little (if any) resemblance to the original face (at least in my case, with the specific face I linked to).

Oh and to add insult to injury, they changed the eye colour too. Now all draenei are death knights. Woohoo.

And it's not just the face. The new hair looks more like a hat than hair. It sits on top of the head and doesn't blend with the scalp, and sharp edges can be seen on the sides between the horns. It looks like a poorly fitted wig, at best. See, with the older hair, you can see a fuzziness around the edges where the hairline is, and it makes it look more natural (like there's new hair growing, or just a little fuzz which is normal around the hairline.)

I know you can still use the old models, but if it's only client side, what's the point? If I only cared about what /I/ saw on my character, I'd probably risk downloading those programs that change your character's model so I could make it whatever I wanted. But I don't want that. I want other people to be able to see the character that I chose. I want other people to see what I see, or else it has no meaning.
10/19/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Lothranor
Stopping by to bump the thread, and wondering where all the other model threads went. Most of what I see on the main page today are complaints about leveling, balancing, that sort of thing. It's quite depressing how everyone appears to have cooled off so quickly.

It's not really cooling off as I think most are either just giving up....Or the blue tweet satisfied them. It definitely is a good start, I'll keep the list circulating as long as I can atleast.
10/19/2014 01:51 PMPosted by Makki
10/19/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Lothranor

It's not really cooling off as I think most are either just giving up....Or the blue tweet satisfied them. It definitely is a good start, I'll keep the list circulating as long as I can atleast.

A blue tweet doesn't satisfy me much, personally.

Seeing them taking the feedback into account and applying it directly would, however. Might actually show me they are taking this seriously. They have said "we're taking feedback into consideration" with no actual output from it way too often, so consider me still skeptical.
10/19/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Mubulin
10/19/2014 01:51 PMPosted by Makki

A blue tweet doesn't satisfy me much, personally.

Seeing them taking the feedback into account and applying it directly would, however. Might actually show me they are taking this seriously. They have said "we're taking feedback into consideration" with no actual output from it way too often, so consider me still skeptical.

I agree, hence why I'm gonna keep the list going as long as I can, even if I'm the only one on it saying 'bumpbump' near the end.