The Arthas Costume...

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 25 Next
Troll obv
If we collect all treats from our faction and do race change, can we collect more treat from opposite faction? Is the total collected treats would be enough to buy Arthas costume.
epic all you want... still only has one fraking charge on it
10/18/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Deelit
It is Epic quality so I expect it is intended to be difficult to get, just not sure if the current price is intentionally as Epic as it is. :)

It appears to be not just difficult for the reward (1000treats for one use) but it appears to be impossible to earn 1000 treats in a single year, and since the treats don't stay year to year it is impossible to get.

You can earn maybe a max of 650ish treats?

OMGOSH...

I have to wonder what was going on in the head of the person who decided to make it cost 1k without checking on how many treats we can actually earn.

:o
Lol I don't care how expensive it is, if it has temporary charges instead of being a permanent item it isn't worth getting. Something with charges better be a cheap like the wands. That I can use all my spare candies on before I lose them for good at the end of the event.
10/18/2014 07:49 PMPosted by Laristraza
I have to wonder what was going on in the head of the person who decided to make it cost 1k without checking on how many treats we can actually earn.

Probably their boss' voice going: "We have a game to ship! Get that !@#$ ready now!"
Rare is one thing, unobtainable is kind another.

all the dailies every day
Horseman every day
all the candy buckets in the game

and it's still not enough to get it? That's a problem.
Hold up everyone, we're forgetting all the inns in Draenor itself - I have it on good authority there's over 500 inns in the new zones.

So the total jumps up thusly:

630 + 500 * 3 = 2130

Now stop complaining and get on over to Draenor!
10/18/2014 08:31 PMPosted by Mundavidave
Hold up everyone, we're forgetting all the inns in Draenor itself - I have it on good authority there's over 500 inns in the new zones.

So the total jumps up thusly:

630 + 500 * 3 = 2130

Now stop complaining and get on over to Draenor!

So next year, eh?
so if it is 1000 treats out of the 2130 from Draenor next year, and they are 5 months behind the release maybe they just need to hotfix it for this year to be 300 out of the 630 possible? :D
An update, or anything would be awesome to hear. There's 11 pages on this, and only one vaguely written Blue post.. I just want to know if I'm wasting my time collecting all these Treats or not.

I don't quite understand. You'd think it would be pretty easy to either confirm or deny that it's a bug in the pricing, instead of just leaving everyone hanging, wondering what's going on.

Come on Blizz, give us a Tweet, or update or something. :(
10/18/2014 08:37 PMPosted by Dreako
An update, or anything would be awesome to hear. There's 11 pages on this, and only one vaguely written Blue post.. I just want to know if I'm wasting my time collecting all these Treats or not.
10/18/2014 08:36 PMPosted by Caneman
so if it is 1000 treats out of the 2130 from Draenor next year, and they are 5 months behind the release maybe they just need to hotfix it for this year to be 300 out of the 630 possible? :D

I think he was trolling. I doubt there'll be more than 300 inns in Draenor.
10/18/2014 08:54 PMPosted by Mundavidave
10/18/2014 08:36 PMPosted by Caneman

I think he was trolling. I doubt there'll be more than 300 inns in Draenor.

Oh I kinda figured, just trying to come up with a solution. :/
So after looking into it there are a few hotfixes that will be going out early next week to address the Lich King costume. We won't be testing these fixes until Monday, so until they're applied and listed in the Hotfixes blog these are just current intentions. Assuming it all goes to the current plan: the cost is being adjusted down by half, we're ensuring it is indeed 50 charges (20min per charge), and that it's usable outside of the Hallow's End event period. Keep in mind that when the hotfixes go out the cost shown on the vendor won't change, but the item will indeed be purchasable for the hotfixed amount.

[edit] The charges on the item appearing as 1 (instead of 50) while on the vendor is due to a separate bug we're tracking. Many items throughout the game may be currently showing 1 charge, but when purchased will display their correct amount of charges remaining. It's a bug we're working to address but won't be within the Lich King costume fixes.
10/18/2014 08:50 PMPosted by Chrysaora
10/18/2014 08:37 PMPosted by Dreako

so just do the dailies for now. it's day 1 of the holiday... the once per year inn's are what will take the most time.