The new models aren't final, right?

General Discussion
1 2 3 15 Next
http://i.imgur.com/FfYgn5E.jpg

'cuz this is gut-wrenching.
yes they are. Luckily for you they also added a checkbox in your options to go back to using the model you first chose when you made the character if you so choose.
Do the old models use the new animation skeletons?
10/17/2014 11:33 PMPosted by Somaliu
yes they are. Luckily for you they also added a checkbox in your options to go back to using the model you first chose when you made the character if you so choose.

Saying "you can turn it off and use 10 year old models instead" is not a good excuse. Some of the models look amazing, and true to the originals as promised. Some look absolutely nothing alike, and honestly it's not fair to have to choose between seeing NO new HD models anywhere in the entire game or seeing the 10 year old model you chose.
10/17/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Flidais

Saying "you can turn it off and use 10 year old models instead" is not a good excuse. Some of the models look amazing, and true to the originals as promised. Some look absolutely nothing alike, and honestly it's not fair to have to choose between seeing NO new HD models anywhere in the entire game or seeing the 10 year old model you chose.

Its a choice you have and can use. People are lucky blizz is allowing them to use the old models in the first place. They could have simply just put in the new ones and not allowed the old ones.
looks better to me, what is the question?
I'm going to stand my ground that they are not completed as most human models are lacking their makeup and shading.

I could be wrong, but I remain to stay optimistic that these are going to be a WIP.
10/17/2014 11:44 PMPosted by Cowaman

No I'm sorry, that doesn't pass here. Art is subjective, yes, and that lets a lot of people get away with a lot of crap, but what is not subjective is how little the new faces match the old ones.

I can't say the new models are objectively bad, but I'll be darned if I can't say they're objectively not a good recreation. Which was what was promised.
The entire range of new human female faces:

http://i.imgur.com/6Bwgj6n.jpg
I don't see the problem. You look like my aunt who draws on her eyebrows.
Those eyebrows, hot damn!

All of the human faces have really strange eyes, I feel. That one's a very good example though, because of just how much mascara and eye shadow the original model has. New one is very plain in comparison. Not to mention it goes from a sexy "!@#$%face" to... not anything like that.

I feel like quite a lot of the additions in the patch are less final product and more PTR brought Live, so I'm trying to remain optimistic.
I would love if they made the new skeletons with the old models. I really hope these are not final. All the faces for humans have bad cheek bones (the light hits them at a weird angle making the face only look decent straight forward) they all look older and surprised.

The faces done even really match the old ones they look like a tweaked version of the same face. And they don't look good with darker skin tones which sucks for me because I rp a darker skinned character.

I know this is opionion based, but I'm allowed to state my opinion and say I'm displeased. A lot of races look good. But some just look unfinished/rushed.

I don't want to feel the need to have to use the old models :/ I would like to enjoy newer ones.
You can go to the barber and get a new face for a small price in gold. Why barbers can put new faces on you and where they get them is a thought that is creeping me out. Like in Stormwind, if you go upstairs in the barber shop you will find a gnome skeleton under a floorboard.... /shiver
yes they are. Luckily for you they also added a checkbox

Oh, I feel so freakin' lucky! Lucky that I haven't bought this cut back, rushed and finally gimped expansion.
My non existent eyes, they buuuuurn.
10/17/2014 11:54 PMPosted by Mistwidget
Like in Stormwind, if you go upstairs in the barber shop you will find a gnome skeleton under a floorboard.... /shiver

Well I had to store my gnome skeletons somewhere.
10/17/2014 11:54 PMPosted by Mistwidget
You can go to the barber and get a new face for a small price in gold. Why barbers can put new faces on you and where they get them is a thought that is creeping me out. Like in Stormwind, if you go upstairs in the barber shop you will find a gnome skeleton under a floorboard.... /shiver

I don't really agree that I should have to change my face, because I'd like my old face recreated in HD as was stated to happen.

However, I love your character name so so much, I just needed to compliment you :)
10/17/2014 11:44 PMPosted by Cowaman

It's more detailed, I guess some may consider it better. But it's a very different character. It's not the same one we personally created.

The human the OP posted, she looked pretty fierce. But with the raised eyebrows, tilted eyeballs, and lack of makeup, she looks pretty derp. And very different.

Still pretty, yeah. But she's not the same character that was originally created.
10/17/2014 11:53 PMPosted by Lïbra
The faces done even really match the old ones they look like a tweaked version of the same face. And they don't look good with darker skin tones which sucks for me because I rp a darker skinned character.

There are fifteen distinct original faces, and a single face cloned fifteen times for the new ones. It's literally impossible for the new faces to match the old ones; at best, only one old face could possibly match the new ones (and I'm pretty sure even that isn't the case).