The new models aren't final, right?

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next
I feel two ways about the new models. On the main characters I play I mostly love the new faces, besides my now carebear cow.. should I just stand around with a sign saying "free hugs"?

But with them all, I hate the way they run now. My orc runs like a human that's on the moon. So does my troll, not as springie but still with the same way. My cow besides being so beyond "cute" now has both of it's arms out like it's going to grab someone and throw them to the ground. It's like why change the way I run and jump, that alone is why I will never use the old models. I'm just glad I can turn them back.. if I couldn't.. hell probably just not bother anymore.
10/19/2014 07:57 PMPosted by Aullern
10/19/2014 07:24 PMPosted by Trisaria
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure 5.4 is when they started them lol
Maybe even after the beginning of 2014.

Then that's a whole lot of lying.
I distinctly remember them saying that the models definitely would not be ready for Cataclysm, but they might have new dwarf models in a patch.

Well, actually, that would explain a few things.

They've been working on dwarves and maybe even orcs since before Cata. That's why they look so great and polished. Everyone else was thrown together in the last year.
I personally think that if they made the models 1:1 remakes with no tweaks to their appearance they would look even worse since they did things to the old models that only fit in a low rezz setting to imitate a real person in a cartoon style. Tauren's old teeth are a perfect example. They actually had a LOT of clipping into each other to try and look like they mesh together when closed.

In fact the old models we're clip-TASTIC. Now they have far less of those issues more personality as a whole and as far as I'm aware many of the new models are not 100% finished. You may find a few new faces will pop up in a while.
10/19/2014 07:47 PMPosted by Snuzzle
10/19/2014 07:37 PMPosted by Tirâni

All I see is mindless rage.

And I'm still just a rat in a cage.

....no literally, I kinda look like some sort of ugly rat.

Don't be that bad to yourself. Remove that hat and cheer up while looking at Tauren female endless happy face.
My human is paler now too. She use to have a light tan..now she is pale.

I've been doing the buckets on this character and she got the ninja costume somewhere along the way. There is something very wrong about how the run looks in that outfit. The arms are moving really weird.

The runs in general that I've seen all seem too bouncy...it is like springs were added to all the boots.
It's not unreasonable to expect them to consider the players' feedback and continue to make changes (aka improvements). It's also not unreasonable to expect someone to respond to so many people expressing their disappointment after the models were dropped on us. I'm horribly disappointed with the new undead female models, and would be unhappy with both having to go back to the old model and being stuck with the new one with no hope of any more improvements.

If you don't agree that the new models could use improvements, then just say "I like the new models" and move on. That's the point of feedback, not telling people they're "lucky" that developers who are paid to develop a paid subscription game and paid expansion released paid content. There are other areas of the patch/expansion I think are great, but this one is a disappointment imo.
10/19/2014 08:14 PMPosted by Tirâni

And I'm still just a rat in a cage.

....no literally, I kinda look like some sort of ugly rat.

Don't be that bad to yourself. Remove that hat and cheer up while looking at Tauren female endless happy face.

Okay... am I happy yet?

http://i.imgur.com/T5NXxxa.png
10/19/2014 08:15 PMPosted by Fawndalyn
My human is paler now too. She use to have a light tan..now she is pale.

Speaking on that note, I've also noticed that they've edited the skin tones and eye colours on the old Draenei models as well.

Disabling your new character model (if you're a Draenei) will do nothing to get you back your white, luminescent eyes, and your skin colour, unfortunately.
*sigh* My poor Gnomes all look constipated and angry now with a penchant for using a Sharpie to apply eyeliner. At this time, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the "new and improved" models for the Taurens and Trolls. But I am trying to reconnect and learn to love my ladies in their "new and improved" glory. Still, I'm dreading what manner of foul debauchery they will visit upon my Blood Elves in the name of "progress" when the time comes.
i sincerely hope not, i had to change my face because they screwed up my old one
My female draenei got shorter. It's a pretty obvious difference when you cycle between the new and old models.
10/17/2014 11:47 PMPosted by Hanachiri
10/17/2014 11:44 PMPosted by Cowaman
looks better to me, what is the question?

No I'm sorry, that doesn't pass here. Art is subjective, yes, and that lets a lot of people get away with a lot of crap, but what is not subjective is how little the new faces match the old ones.

I can't say the new models are objectively bad, but I'll be darned if I can't say they're objectively not a good recreation. Which was what was promised.

Nope, that is still very much your opinion. Looks rather similar to me.
10/20/2014 03:16 AMPosted by Tankedpriest
Nope, that is still very much your opinion. Looks rather similar to me.

You can't sincerely look at this and say what you just did with a straight face.

http://i.imgur.com/FfYgn5E.jpg
I'll be honest I hate how my model looks now, however to give credit where it's due I love the new casting animations for her. The way her hands are sort of blown backwards, as if the spell she's casting are that powerful looks very cool. I just hate her face....
Honestly feels like they went all out on the dwarf/orc models and then just kind of got bored afterwards.

Which is fantastic for me, and horrible for anyone else.
The human female faces look constantly surprised lol
http://www.wowhead.com/news=243768/wowhead-interview-with-lead-game-designers-cory-stockton-and-ion-hazzikostas-oct

Wowhead Interview with Lead Game Designers Cory Stockton and Ion Hazzikostas, Oct 17th Hotfixes

Character Models - 51:59
-Blood elf models are in progress. ASAP.

-They are watching feedback re: Models for possible future updates. But at a certain point, they do need to be locked down.

-Changes will maybe come in the form of more facial choices.