WoW 6.0.2 Login Music Change

General Discussion
OK so I've been playing the game since 2005 and to be honest I miss the classic logon music before logging on. Can someone (if legal of course) tell me how to change it back from the Draenor main theme (title) to the Classic (vanilla) main theme (title)? I have the sound file I just need to know how to insert it to override the Draenor soundtrack.

A WoW Veteran
**BUMP**
I don't know the names off hand but it should be as easy as finding the draenor music file and moving it somehwere else then renaming the classic file to the same name as the draenor one and sticking it in the folder.

Though I may be way off :)
Not sure if will work.

Heres a thing on extracting the music

but im fairly sure instead of extracting you can find the file to replace and replace it, as long as the game will still launch with an edited file like that

http://www.ehow.com/how_4705307_extract-music-world-warcraft.html

good luck
Yeah, the WoD music start is really... jarring.

Those horns, man. The rest of the composition I enjoy, but those horns right at the start get to me. May as well be kazoos for how much gravitas they instill.
Nijju's solution isn't going to work anymore, as WoW doesn't use MPQ anymore. On top of that, editing MPQ files can get you banned.

However, you can still change sound files without breaking the rules. All it requires is creating a sound folder and directory in WoW's root directory, and placing the replacement files in there with the same name, and WoW will use those instead. That's how mods like the Worgen sniff silencer work.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info15615-VanillaWoWloginscreenmusic.html

Changing your sound files is allowed. Not sure if it will work with new patch though
I know that it's legal, or if it isn't legal Blizzard just doesn't care, since I've changed my login music every xpac since WotLK.

I'm unsure of the filepath currently used, though. And of the file name. For MoP, it used to be
World of Warcraft/Data/Sound/Music/Pandaria/MUS_50_HeartofPandaria_01.mp3, but I have no idea what it is for WoD.

Anyone more tech savvy than I know what it is, or how to find the filepath?
Just listen to it on YouTube.

Why is this such a big deal?
10/22/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Mikazaki

Because we like doing things the hard way, and we like customization. It makes us feel like the game is ours.
10/22/2014 11:42 PMPosted by Xein
10/22/2014 11:37 PMPosted by Mikazaki

Because we like doing things the hard way, and we like customization. It makes us feel like the game is ours.

Hmm... I suppose...
10/19/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Trevalon
I don't know the names off hand but it should be as easy as finding the draenor music file and moving it somehwere else then renaming the classic file to the same name as the draenor one and sticking it in the folder.

Nope....pretty much as easy as that.

World of Warcraft/Data/Sound/Music/

^ There's the basic file path. Xein already covered it. Was actually doing it myself up until the patch.

Here's the problem. You'll need to know the name of the file path for the new music. Not sure many people can tell you what it is at this point in time. There's also the fact that you'll need a folder for the music file. I know in MoP the folder you had to create was simply Pandaria. Logic would say it would be Draenor but it may also potentially be Warlords.

Hopefully someone will get the exact work around soon. Generally prefer the classic theme. Hell even had the original login screen in Wrath up until the changes made in 4.0 broke that :-/
I want the Icecrown Citadel/Sindragosa log-in screen back.
10/22/2014 11:53 PMPosted by Lilus
10/19/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Trevalon

Nope....pretty much as easy as that.

World of Warcraft/Data/Sound/Music/

^ There's the basic file path. Xein already covered it. Was actually doing it myself up until the patch.

Here's the problem. You'll need to know the name of the file path for the new music. Not sure many people can tell you what it is at this point in time. There's also the fact that you'll need a folder for the music file. I know in MoP the folder you had to create was simply Pandaria. Logic would say it would be Draenor but it may also potentially be Warlords.

Hopefully someone will get the exact work around soon. Generally prefer the classic theme. Hell even had the original login screen in Wrath up until the changes made in 4.0 broke that :-/

And we'd need a name for the actual .mp3 file, too. Cataclysm's .mp3 was named MUS_Shattering_UU01, and MoP's, I already mentioned; MUS_50_HeartofPandaria_01.

There's some obvious similarities, but honestly it could be anything at this point. I imagine it to be something along the lines of MUS_??_SiegeofWorlds_??, but without knowing for sure, it's just a shot in the dark.
Don't mean to necro this, but I found this post and wanted to do exactly this.

I found out how.

Just make a 'sound' folder in you base World of Warcraft game directory, then a 'music' and a 'draenor'. Then find the mp3 you wish to replace the intro, rename it 'mus_60_asiegeofworlds_maintitle' and dump it into the 'draenor' folder.

It should look like this...

World of Warcraft > sound > music > draenor > mus_60_asiegeofworlds_maintitle.mp3

I changed mine to the Diablo 1 Tristram theme.

C:
Yes. YES. Thank you, level ten undead warrior.
11/10/2014 01:56 AMPosted by Ingigunnr

I found out how.

Just make a 'sound' folder in you base World of Warcraft game directory, then a 'music' and a 'draenor'. Then find the mp3 you wish to replace the intro, rename it 'mus_60_asiegeofworlds_maintitle' and dump it into the 'draenor' folder.

World of Warcraft > sound > music > draenor > mus_60_asiegeofworlds_maintitle.mp3

C:

Nice!
Not to necro a necro'd thread, but totally tried it and it does work. Even inside my sound folder that contained all the muted noises (like the toy train).

Will also repeat like all the other intro songs. Thanks Ingigunnr!
11/10/2014 01:56 AMPosted by Ingigunnr

I found out how.

C:

/lick

I love you

Even though you're part of the Forsaken