Judge>Exo?

Paladin
I wonder if I'm missing something, or if the numbers will look differently at lvl 100... but my current tooltips show Exo doing more dmg than judgement.

The new class guides I have seen online show prioritizing judgment over exorcism... does anyone know why?

They are both ranged attacks which give a charge of holy power. Especially since Exo procs off of white hits, I would rather put that on CD on the chance that I would get an Exo proc when the spell was already available.

The only reason I can tell to prioritize judge would be if you needed the speed boost from long arm of the law. EDIT: or if you were getting focused and took selfless healer to try to get 3 stacks asap for insta heal

Any help would be great. Thank you.
Judgment procs seals.
If I had a dollar...
I have several dollars.
10/20/2014 07:13 PMPosted by Cayse
Judgment procs seals.

Well, only seal of truth, right?
10/20/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Soylent
Judgment procs seals.

Ret has other seals?
10/20/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Soylent
Judgment procs seals.

No, but that is the best one for straight damage.
Judgment procs seals.

True... but only when starting in on a target. If I start out in melee on a target between putting my holy power generators on CD and autoattacks, the second Crusader Strike will put me up to 5 stacks. Unless I fall asleep at the keyboard, after that your rotation will keep censure up on a single target.

If I began at range, I would probably use Judgement over Exo just to get into melee range.

If it was more than one target, but not enough (or won't live long enough) to justify switching to SoR, it would be beneficial to get the dot up on multiple targets.

Other than that, is there ANY reason to prefer Judgement over Exo in our rotation?
10/20/2014 08:26 PMPosted by Pyridious
Judgment procs seals.

True... but only when starting in on a target. If I start out in melee on a target between putting my holy power generators on CD and autoattacks, the second Crusader Strike will put me up to 5 stacks. Unless I fall asleep at the keyboard, after that your rotation will keep censure up on a single target.

If I began at range, I would probably use Judgement over Exo just to get into melee range.

If it was more than one target, but not enough (or won't live long enough) to justify switching to SoR, it would be beneficial to get the dot up on multiple targets.

Other than that, is there ANY reason to prefer Judgement over Exo in our rotation?

There is more to Seal of Truth than just the Censure (dot) it applies. It procs for additional damage on hit after 5 stacks.
There is more to Seal of Truth than just the Censure (dot) it applies. It procs for additional damage on hit after 5 stacks.

Ok. So If I understand everything, when I'm starting in on a single target, the first time I would choose between Exo and Judge, I would judge... and other than that prioritize Exo (unless it were about to fall off, in which case I am bad and should uninstall WoW)

Outside of this, the only use would be to try to multi-dot like a retarded warlock.

All other instances (for the purposes of dps) I would ALWAYS prefer Exo.

Correct?
10/20/2014 08:44 PMPosted by Pyridious

Ok. So If I understand everything, when I'm starting in on a single target, the first time I would choose between Exo and Judge, I would judge... and other than that prioritize Exo (unless it were about to fall off, in which case I am bad and should uninstall WoW)

Outside of this, the only use would be to try to multi-dot like a retarded warlock.

All other instances (for the purposes of dps) I would ALWAYS prefer Exo.

Correct?

No. It means Judgment applies Censure stacks (dot) and procs the seal's extra damage, which therefore will always out-scale the damage Exorcism provides. It may be misleading visually, since Exorcism is just one number, and Judgment is several numbers.
Multi-dotting with Seal of Truth is a different subject entirely, but Judgment still reigns supreme there as well.
Exorcism, really, is best used to fill empty GCD's and to hit something if you're at range and can't use Judgment (on cd) or Hammer of Wrath.

Note: Despite the difference between the two, the reward/punishment for using or not using it in the proper priority is minimal at best, unfortunately.

TL:DR; Exorcism is a GCD filler. Nothing more, nothing less.