Purchasing Expansion

General Discussion
So. I've been a long time subscriber. Took a little hiatus after doing the SoO grind. Just purchased the WoD expansion, and I'm wondering why it doesn't come with a free month? I've been trying to get some of my friends to come back, but for them, it's a major turn off to have to purchase the expansion, and then on top of that, spend another fifteen dollars to buy a subscription. Any thoughts on this?
You NEVER got free play time by buying an expansion, so I don't know what to say.
Expansions have never come with a free month
Expansions have never come with a free month.
Why would they give a free month with the 5th expansion when they haven't with the first 4?
10/23/2014 11:09 AMPosted by Kraylurga
Why would they give a free month with the 5th expansion when they haven't with the first 4?

To improve their popularity.

why would humans evolve when we already have chimpanzee?

checkmate atheists.
10/23/2014 11:11 AMPosted by Oniana

why would humans evolve when we already have chimpanzee?

checkmate atheists.

That is not how evolution worked. Chimpanzees evolved along side us. We did not evolve from them.
They chose to give a boost to 90, a value they state is worth $60, instead of a free month. So if your friends come back, they won't have to level if they are not already level 90.
Weeeeeeeeell, I started out with one of the old 10 day free trials (oooh, level all the way to 20!), and then when I paid my mighty $20 to upgrade to the actual basic game (oooh, level all the way to 60! -- but no access to BC/Wrath/Cata content/races/classes), I got a free 30 days' worth of play time. Maybe that's the sort of thing OP was thinking of? Of course, this was all back in ancient times, you know, just after Cata came out.