What if Ghostcrawler was still here today?

General Discussion
10/23/2014 11:12 AMPosted by Eoneko
10/23/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Snowfox
Well, we made our bed.

Now we lay in it.

No, there's nothing to excuse developers being antagonistic and abusive towards their customers.

Similarly, there's nothing to excuse players being antagonistic and abusive towards the devs.

No one wants a giant target on them, but it comes with the job.

Maybe.. but who would want that job?
http://tinyurl.com/mdfxzac
10/23/2014 11:14 AMPosted by Snowfox

Those who are passionate about the game they help develop.
10/23/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Kelvv

Social media would be such a huge distraction during the day. I'd rather get my work done, and the community folks can filter out the useful info and bring it to me. It would be better for the game.
What would dev Ghostcrawler do if he were here today? He' make a plan and follow through! That's what dev Ghostcrawler would do!

When dev Ghostcrawler was in the Arenas fighting for the gold. He did two one shots and a triple kill while wearing a blind fold.

When dev Ghostcrawler was in Winterspring fighting Grizzly Bears. He used his magical holy fire breath and saved the goblins fair!

So what would dev Ghostcrawler do if he were here today! I'm sure he'd smite a butt or two, that's what dev Ghostcrawler would do!
Arms wouldn't be !@#$ing horrible.
10/23/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Kelvv

Being passionate about your work and wanting to be the public face of your team externally aren't the same thing.
Here's a thought experiement for you.

According to the WoW forums, the old ones were better than the current one.

What am I talking about, Lead Systems Designers or WoW expansions?
10/23/2014 11:25 AMPosted by Eoneko
Similarly, there's nothing to excuse players being antagonistic and abusive towards the devs.

It's not a two way street, and at this point in time it's more often the developers initiating these dialogues.
I expect the employees of a company that I give my business to be held to a professional standard. Can it be frustrating dealing with angry customers? Oh you better believe it, but that doesn't justify doing things like blocking people when they present you with numbers and figures that contradict your opinion or giving sarcastic, mocking responses to complaints.

Imagine another industry, let's say a restaurant. You don't volunteer to be the member of the kitchen staff that goes out and meets with customers to address complaints about the food and then tell them "Ha, yeah, well too bad because that's how we do things."
They'd throw the food on the floor and walk out without paying and everyone would call that justified.

It IS a two-way street.

If you think players just get abuse to the devs and devs "have to take it, cuz their job"

.. then YOU ARE the problem here. YOU are the one causing us all the problems.
Warlocks still on the bottom and mages on top with warriors also nerfed whenever they do any damage whatever
10/23/2014 10:29 AMPosted by You
What do you think would be different?

Absolutely nothing!

The Devs themselves are awesome but it's the sissy market team that pisses on their parade... and ours.

He was Aggro tank.
Players would say point to him and blame changes on him to the prune skills. "ZOMG WHY!!!"
That poor guy, did not had a easy job, Reguardless of what ever was changed it would up set some one.

Were buffing class X... (No, but class Y Needs it class X too strong)
Ok were nerfing class X (No were negecting class X, class Y too strong)

UM....ok were buffing Skill X( NO Its too OP)
Um were nerfing skill X ( No, we can't have any thing fun... NOT skill X)

Ok.. Were adding cute Kittiens.... (NOooooOoooooooo!)
Really?!?
Mages would still be O.P.
I can't image having a job, where every choice you pick to change something will upset a large group of people..

Not doing something, well it upset them too, "Hey how about we sell toasters half price?" (what about the people that paid full price for our toasters?)
"....."
10/23/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Eoneko
It IS a two-way street.

If you think players just get abuse the devs and devs "have to take it, cuz their job"

.. then YOU ARE the problem here. YOU are the one causing us all the problems.

I don't think anyone should be abusive to anyone, but I am saying that most of the time it's the developers doing it.

I can show 10,000 threads that show the opposite.

In thread after thread, the blues try to remain polite and explain.. while being attacked, insulted, berated, called greedy, and dismissed. That happens in thread after thread.

Sure, you might be able to find a blue dismissing a ridiculous post.. or snarking a bit... but this notion that the blues are just out trolling everyone while the playerbase acts perfectly - that's just PURE fantasy.

We would have much more CC in pvp combat. Not that we don't still have too much.
10/23/2014 11:49 AMPosted by Eoneko
Community managers are like politicians, they give non-answers and skirt issues and people don't like that.

Well that's convenient.

If they answer directly and blunt - they are being rude and egotistical.

If they block trolls - they are censoring 'the truth'

If they answer extra carefully - people don't like them 'skirting issues'

There's just not a way to win, is there?

Now back to the actual topic, just go look at Celestalon's twitter.

Can we just call Celestalon as "Ghostcrawler 2.0"?

It would make all the hate much clearer. It's the same story, repeated.