Australian Servers and FAQ

Oceanic General Discussion
Prev 1 41 42 43 61 Next
I agree that a 200+ ping is not a good thing.

My biggest concern is - will we be unable to play our characters that were on Oceanic servers being moved to Australia in say 6 months or less? I know that you have to have another account and subscription fee if you want to play on the EU servers. ls that going to happen with this?

Yes, I realize that it is easy to make character on another server that is dedicated to the US, and not bother with a transfer, but I've have my rogue since shortly after the launch of World of Warcraft. It's not something I want to delete or eventually be denied access to.
10/28/2014 06:22 PMPosted by Sneakpastu
My biggest concern is - will we be unable to play our characters that were on Oceanic servers being moved to Australia in say 6 months or less? I know that you have to have another account and subscription fee if you want to play on the EU servers. ls that going to happen with this?

This is not going to happen. Oceania is too small a population to be completely isolated, so we will still be grouped with US servers for LFR etc.
Approximately what time will it be safe to start transferring over characters to Oceanic realms? I don't want to do it too early and risk not getting refunded.
Good to know that.

I live in the US but was only helping a friend for while on an Oceanic server. I don't presently have much reason to stay on that server now. They quit playing.
OH GOD THIS IS EXCITING! 300ms down to 20ms! We wont know ourselves :D
10/28/2014 06:43 PMPosted by Dimbop
Approximately what time will it be safe to start transferring over characters to Oceanic realms? I don't want to do it too early and risk not getting refunded.

I added 30min to be safe with these times.

Wednesday 29/10/14

3:30 pm Perth
4:00 pm Darwin
5:30 pm Brisbane
6:00 pm Adelaide
6:30 pm Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra
8:30 pm New Zealand

10/28/2014 06:56 PMPosted by Narull

Wednesday 29/10/14

Cheers Narull!
10/28/2014 06:57 PMPosted by Glutesmonk
So will we see improved latency tonight after the maintenance ?

If you're in ANZ yes.

hmm According to this - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15007431035 the downtime has been extended to 4pm PDT .. so the servers wont be back up tonight ?
10/28/2014 07:09 PMPosted by Dahofrin
hmm According to this - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15007431035 the downtime has been extended to 4pm PDT .. so the servers wont be back up tonight ?

The second post in that thread was in regards to the US maintenance this morning. It has already finished; so no extended maintenance for ANZ so far.
10/28/2014 06:43 PMPosted by Dimbop

Wednesday 29/10/14

Hmm, those times are before Oceanic servers are back online.

I don't know about others but I would think it may be safer to transfer after new Oceanic servers are back. You never know what might happen if you start earlier. ie: Destination not found or that you get transferred to the servers that are now known as OLD AU, that'd be terrible and hilarious at the same time if it happens.

Edit: I do know logically you shouldn't be able to transfer to the OLD AU servers as they should be either offline or isolated, but it's not impossible if mistakes were made somewhere.
10/28/2014 07:38 PMPosted by Celebraw

Wednesday 29/10/14

I don't know about others but I would think it may be safer to transfer after new Oceanic servers are back. You never know what might happen if you start earlier. ie: Destination not found or that you get transferred to the servers that are now known as OLD AU, that'd be terrible and hilarious at the same time if it happens.

Edit: I do know logically you shouldn't be able to transfer to the OLD AU servers as they should be either offline or isolated, but it's not impossible if mistakes were made somewhere.

The times listed are set by Blizzard as to when transfers will be available and will be refunded. I added an extra 30min onto those times to be safe. I don't think Blizzard would screw up something so important. But really it's upto you, could always wait until tomorrow to be uber safe. :)
10/28/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Narull

The times listed are set by Blizzard as to when transfers will be available and will be refunded. I added an extra 30min onto those times to be safe. I don't think Blizzard would screw up something so important. But really it's upto you, could always wait until tomorrow to be uber safe. :)

I know the time was set by Blizzard, it was the chicken in me speaking. xD
10/28/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Narull

Yep, I have a whole guild to move, I'd like to make sure there are no hiccups and will log into our destination realm before transferring :)
I am currently living in the United States of America and playing on a oceanic server. I expect that when these changes happen I and some like me will experience increased lag and loading times. I may be wrong, but that's what I'm told. Will I, and those like me, receive a free move off these servers?
YA BOIZ LOW PING FTW