Character Service Discount Concerns with Arena Titles

General Discussion
10/29/2014 04:39 AMPosted by Liedel
Wow this is some pretty brutal bullying for what seems like a fairly valid complaint.

Yeah I can see where this sucks, but at the same time it's getting a little beyond silly for people to go straight to 'slap in the face' for any response.

You have a complaint, you have feedback, you want to discuss it? Great, but do it like an adult and let this meme die until someone invents something that 'really' slaps you in the face every time you use that phrase to describe a grievance.
I just slapped my forehead in disappointment after seeing the thread title.
10/28/2014 09:03 PMPosted by Hellasha
Sales don't last forever and aren't tailored to individual customers specific schedules or wants. Welcome to the real world.

Sales do not last forever, so true to point that out Captain, but OP has a valid point since Blizz changed their original date of awarding arena titles. Just because it does not affect your PvE playing does not mean it is not impacting a large part of the player base.

In case you didn't notice, there are arena tournaments yet no raid tournaments. Might want to sit your sorry PvE butt down now and be silent.
10/28/2014 09:03 PMPosted by Hellasha
Sales don't last forever and aren't tailored to individual customers specific schedules or wants. Welcome to the real world.

lol there is so much fail in this statement that I can't even....Ok FIRST OF ALL Blizzard is in direct control of the problem this person is having. This would be like Walmart selling Xbox Ones on black friday and saying OH YA our credit card scanners are down sorry oh and no rainchecks. NO you fix your equipment and you're prepared. Blizzard made a mistake and they need to fix it. They offered a sale and told their players not to buy the services and overlapped these 2 things. They are in control of both and they need to fix it.
10/10 would slap your face. In fact, I believe I have a Slaps of Fury skill on my dps spec.
The fact that people come into this topic just to complain about the title baffles me. It is a valid complaint. I think it sucks that a big chunk of the pvp community is unable to partake in a sale like this, especially because it used to be offered more often, and we haven't seen it in awhile. I was really happy I was able to transfer two of my 90s to my new server, and I'm happy I got to save some money. I can see why you are frustrated that you can't do the same. This community just has a mob mentality when it comes to certain words and phrases. A few months ago you couldn't complain at all without a dozen people popping in, not reading the thread, and just calling you entitled.
10/28/2014 09:11 PMPosted by Kwizzlix
"Wahh i faction changed to the new FOTM faction and now i cant get my titles"

Basically the thread.

Where did OP state a faction change? As far as I read, he never mentioned which service he wanted to use. Might want to learn how to comprehend basic, written English, sunshine.
I think you should be able to buy these things as "charges".... you can buy 2 Server transfers and they remain unused on your account until you see fit to use it. When you do it uses a charge.

Not unlike the Free 90 Character Boost that came with the pre-order. It did not make me create a 90 right away.. I logged in and out a few days before deciding.

I would think that would make sales more effective...
10/29/2014 05:07 AMPosted by Tersi
The fact that people come into this topic just to complain about the title baffles me. It is a valid complaint. I think it sucks that a big chunk of the pvp community is unable to partake in a sale like this, especially because it used to be offered more often, and we haven't seen it in awhile. I was really happy I was able to transfer two of my 90s to my new server, and I'm happy I got to save some money. I can see why you are frustrated that you can't do the same. This community just has a mob mentality when it comes to certain words and phrases. A few months ago you couldn't complain at all without a dozen people popping in, not reading the thread, and just calling you entitled.

I've been saying it and getting banned for it for years now. This forum community is a bunch of suckup fanbois and over the past few years, the mods have catered to them. Worst part is, most of them have a sub-human IQ which makes attempting to debate with them an effort in keeping sane. You should see some of their "logic" over the past couple of years; makes you wonder if they're all from Tennessee or W. Virginia and which of their relatives is the Missing Link.
10/29/2014 05:07 AMPosted by Gharku
10/28/2014 09:11 PMPosted by Kwizzlix
"Wahh i faction changed to the new FOTM faction and now i cant get my titles"

Basically the thread.

Where did OP state a faction change? As far as I read, he never mentioned which service he wanted to use. Might want to learn how to comprehend basic, written English, sunshine.

No one ever faction/race changes at the beginning with the coming of a new expac.
Ever. It's certainly a difficult leap to make >.>

10/29/2014 05:12 AMPosted by Gharku
This forum community is a bunch of suckup fanbois and over the past few years, the mods have catered to them. Worst part is, most of them have a sub-human IQ which makes attempting to debate with them an effort in keeping sane.

Yes, it can't be because the last 5 posts I've read of yours were the kind of players they are trying to get to stop posting...

I still think the OP (while having a valid complaint) should look at the community that has caused the delays in getting titles and place some of the blame there. (Although if I'm not mistaken, Blizzard has often taken 'longer than expected' to release titles, have they not?)
10/28/2014 09:05 PMPosted by Hellasha
10/28/2014 08:05 PMPosted by Blåckspiral
It's actually a very valid point. They have to make the choice of sacrificing their hard work to save a buck and it's really not fair.

Get over it, life's not fair. Crying isn't going to change anything.

Reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes comic?

"Why do I have to go to bed at 9, while you get to stay up however long you want? It's not fair!"
"Life's not fair."
"I know, but why is it never unfair to my advantage?"
10/29/2014 05:19 AMPosted by Scylvendi
No one ever faction/race changes at the beginning with the coming of a new expac.

I did consider making something Horde for the expansion just to experience both sides of the story but since leveling is fast enough now I'll probably just level a Horde character later.

Starting without those four Netherweave bags and 100g is going to be a pain, though.
10/28/2014 07:57 PMPosted by Metapawzqt
Someone at Blizzard: Hey, I got an idea, let's do 25% off character services.

Someone else at Blizzard: Hey, that's a great idea, but it can't last forever, maybe 1 week?

Another person at Blizzard: Yeah, do it through the 29th, so that players awaiting arena titles still have a day after they get their titles to take part in the discount.

First person from Blizzard again: Yeah, that's fair. We don't wanna screw them over, they're cool people.

Today: No titles today, sorry, there's a lot more work to be done in clearing the ladders than we had anticipated. We'll have them out next week at the latest.

Arena community: Great... none of us are interested in those character services anyway... (obvious sarcasm).

Wtb 1 week extension on the 25% savings.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15007111387?page=2#22
10/29/2014 05:19 AMPosted by Scylvendi

I strongly disagree with this statement. I happened to find a great horde group to raid with via a friend, and myself and two others faction changed several toons over to join this group.

No regrets, and we are even making progression with our lower gears toons prior to the expansion.