Class Tuning Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 32 33 34 38 Next
Regarding frostbolt if you buff it by 20% then nerf it by 20% it does not go back to where it was before the buff.

I'm aware you have clarified that you just removed the last buff from frostbolt, but makes me wonder if you fail at maths with this, how many other nerf buff numbers are wrong.
spriest buffs!!yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks blizz! On the shammy and dk buffs! Shammy def needed it!
10/29/2014 08:23 PMPosted by Titanic
Am I suppose to delete my mage now? Please Blizzard. How is that a good change?

I've stopped playing mages.

Gave up on solo a month ago. Gave up on grouping just now.

If my wife hadn't been along to protect me I'd still be less than level 10, and dying at least once for every two mobs I killed. Playing mages was "WTF? Some of my pets are tougher than this."
10/30/2014 07:26 AMPosted by Spòóky
Not one melee has a reason to complain.
10/30/2014 09:03 AMPosted by Andrew
Great changes. Melee were overpowered, keep dishing out the melee nerfs.
You guys nerfed slam!?!?!?!!?

Slam already does nothing! Slam with max stacks does worse than Whirlwind!

And you nerfed Whirlwind while you were at it!

GG warriors, another hard nerf for us.
These changes are DEVASTATING to see :( Ever since I've played this game I've always played arms warrior because I simply hated the way fury feels (it's an rpg lol sorry).

I was finally starting to feel powerful, I felt like I was starting to compete with fury (even though they still demolished me single target lol).

I see a whole lotta people going like "DUR SLAM NERF WHY DAT HEHEHEHEHEHE"

Don't you fury warriors see? Your AOE got nerfed, my FILLER got nerfed.... My damage will suffer tremendously from this. I spend the majority of my time hitting whirlwind and I've grown to love it, they nerfed it to be bad (probably just cuz it made arms good at the only thing it has been good at: passive aoe).

Where is someone to run when they nerf my filler? PICK A NEW FILLER LIKE SLAM- OH WAIT THAT'S NERFED TOO!.... I feel like they targeted arms here and I'm so confused and discouraged. Why the nerf to both of these skills otherwise? Is the desire for slam to not be mandatory that great that you make it completely obsolete?! Closure plz.

Sweeping strikes, the only staple of arms that has lasted (now that fury gets to top my aoe with bladestorm too) is now not as special with the lack of single target smashers like slam and overpower being gone/nerfed. Instead I rend up the targets and whirlwind which isn't an exciting combo with sweeping strikes...

This is a HUGE slash at my dps, and it might FINALLY be the nail in the coffin that sends me to furyhell :(

Why not like 30% for fury and 15% for arms nerf??? I just don't get it, was arms really that bad? Or is it just not allowed to be as good as fury?
10/29/2014 08:32 PMPosted by Rygarius

So you're saying the tuning team really don't have a clue what they're doing?

Or, we made a change and undid it because it isn't working out. Note that the tuning is primarily intended for level 100.

You cant please everyone. Here you are, trying to balance best you can, made a change thinking it would work out, but it didnt so it was reverted, im not sure why thats cause of criticism. Obviously they are taking balancing seriously.
10/30/2014 05:38 PMPosted by Ralffgar
I've always played arms warrior because I simply hated the way fury feels

You and me both man. I was Arms all of MoP but now i play Fury because it feels way better than arms now.

10/30/2014 05:38 PMPosted by Ralffgar
Your AOE got nerfed, my FILLER got nerfed.... My damage will suffer tremendously from this. I spend the majority of my time hitting whirlwind and I've grown to love it, they nerfed it to be bad (probably just cuz it made arms good at the only thing it has been good at: passive aoe).

I completely understand your plight.

Arms rotation is basically this Mortal strike > Colossus smash > Rend > Storm bolt > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind
I'm sitting here re-rolled from a boomkin to a ele sham and I'm still happy! lol quit crying people seriously.
[quote="150816908894"]
Arms rotation is basically this Mortal strike > Colossus smash > Rend > Storm bolt > Whirlwind > Whirlwind > Whirlwind

Storm Bolt > Rend > Colossus Smash > Mortal Strike > Whirlwind

Why do you Rend after Colossus Smash, and Mortal Strike before it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2qZx7KcEo

<3<3<3
10/30/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Omnki
Or, we made a change and undid it because it isn't working out. Note that the tuning is primarily intended for level 100.

You cant please everyone. Here you are, trying to balance best you can, made a change thinking it would work out, but it didnt so it was reverted, im not sure why thats cause of criticism. Obviously they are taking balancing seriously.

The main issues are:

1. Why release balancing meant for lvl100 on LIVE SERVERS which the max level anyone can reach is 90, and players are still raiding etc. Why not wait until a couple of days until WoD release? They can still test all these on BETA where people actually are lvl 100

Posted by Rygarius..

Unless ive been taught maths incorrectly, Buffing something 20% then nerfing it 20% does not bring the NET change to 0.

e.g: Frostbolt hits for 100
20% Buff
20% of 100 = 20

Frostbolt hits for 120
20% Nerf
20% of 120 = 24

Frostbolt hits for 96

How do you go from buffing something 20% because it was weak, to nerfing it even worse than what you began with?
10/30/2014 05:46 PMPosted by Durain
Storm Bolt > Rend > Colossus Smash > Mortal Strike > Whirlwind

Why do you Rend after Colossus Smash, and Mortal Strike before it?

Well i didn't put the exact rotation down i should have but i didn't think i'd get called out.

Regardless i don't play Arms anymore, because that rotation isn't fun to play and now it is nerfed its even less appealing.
10/29/2014 08:21 PMPosted by Tainted
10/29/2014 08:04 PMPosted by Rygarius
Frostbolt’s damage has been reduced by 20%.

But somehow they didnt feel the need to nerf Ice Nova that takes 30% of your hp per charge..

hmmm blizzard blizzard..

^
10/29/2014 08:21 PMPosted by Cebel
1 week ago

Frostbolt buffed by 20%.

Now.

Frostbolt nerfed by 20%.

Do you guys even know what you're doing or do you just draw cards out of a hat on what to nerf?

So what you're trying to say is...It was all good just a week ago, had it all good just a week ago, last week you had everything, You had the DPS, had the top of the charts, had the raid invites reserved, had the extra gold from farming, and then the devs started noticing and gave you the nerf hammer. Just about a week ago...
The aforementioned class tuning changes have now been applied to the live realms for this region.
So can warriors get some sort of utility/survivability now that our damage is being butchered, the one and only thing we had going for us. .

So melodramatic. If you want a warrior with utility roll a paladin like everyone else did back in vanilla. If you want one with survivability roll a DK like everyone else did back at the start of Wrath.

Warriors will be fine when the big weapons start dropping at 100 and they will be sub par for the first two weeks of the expansion just like every other time, relax, settle down and dry those eyes, it's fine.
10/30/2014 06:01 PMPosted by Rygarius
The aforementioned class tuning changes have now been applied to the live realms for this region.

/buckleup