Graphics level

General Discussion
If i have and old PC that i just fixed and i want to know what graphics level will it run at if the subscore is 3.0 thanks.
I know very little about computers, but i think youll need to give out more info about yours for anyone to make judgment on it.
If you're referring to the "Windows Experience Index", it can't be trusted. In fact, it was removed from Windows 8 and beyond because it isn't an accurate representation of what you're computer can accomplish.

Anyway, why don't you just login and try different settings to find out?
Although this is for the Mac side of things, generally speaking both OS X and Windows clients maintain relative parity with regard to what you should expect to be able to do in WoW. In the link below is a list of GPUs that are fairly common. Search for the one that most closely matches yours and you will see if it is still supported or if you need to update your GPU.

Not listed are nVidia's desktop cards. I'll give you those here in case you have one of those:

GeForce 970/980: Ultra
GeForce 670/680/690/770/780780Ti/Titan: High/Ultra
GeForce 660/760/750Ti: Good/High
GeForce 4xx/5xx: Fair/Good (Exception: 590 can do High)
GeForce 1xx/2xx: Low/Fair

Link to common GPUs in use (remember, though listed for the Mac, these are also used in Windows machines too):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14881058940

Remember, your CPU matters too. If you have a <3 GHz CPU, High is the best you'll realistically do due to physics being tied to the CPU, not the GPU.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
10/26/2014 07:31 AMPosted by Razaluris
If you're referring to the "Windows Experience Index", it can't be trusted. In fact, it was removed from Windows 8 and beyond because it isn't an accurate representation of what you're computer can accomplish.

Anyway, why don't you just login and try different settings to find out?

It was largely inaccurate because it was based on fixed figures. As hardware progressed everything started to do more than the maximum and thus topped out at 9.9 (?) so it was impossible to use it as a benchmark in those situations.

3.0 was and still is complete garbage though.
Although this is for the Mac side of things, generally speaking both OS X and Windows clients maintain relative parity with regard to what you should expect to be able to do in WoW. In the link below is a list of GPUs that are fairly common. Search for the one that most closely matches yours and you will see if it is still supported or if you need to update your GPU.

Not listed are nVidia's desktop cards. I'll give you those here in case you have one of those:

GeForce 970/980: Ultra
GeForce 670/680/690/770/780780Ti/Titan: High/Ultra
GeForce 660/760/750Ti: Good/High
GeForce 4xx/5xx: Fair/Good
GeForce 1xx/2xx: Low/Fair

Link to common GPUs in use (remember, though listed for the Mac, these are also used in Windows machines too):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14881058940

Remember, your CPU matters too. If you have a <3 GHz CPU, High is the best you'll realistically do due to physics being tied to the CPU, not the GPU.

This isn't really a good model.

I have a 750 GTX and run everything on ultra and ONLY ever see sub 40 fps during 40 man world tour raids.
10/26/2014 07:38 AMPosted by Aecheon
I have a 750 GTX and run everything on ultra and ONLY ever see sub 40 fps during 40 man world tour raids.

I'm assuming you mean 750Ti, which is a Maxwell 1 card. That's a lower end card and will be stressed a bit in WoD zones.

Edit: If you are in fact referring to this card:

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/1986/geforce-gtx-750.html

It will have trouble doing Ultra in WoD areas or in MoP areas with lots of players. For reference, the GTX 750 has about 28% of the bandwidth of a Revision 2 GTX 780 and one third of the VRAM. It'll choke on Ultra since WoD uses many of the new features such as refractions you do not currently see in the game.
im updating it now after its updated i will give out more info thankyou all for your help
Just slight bit of revising Tia, but I currently use an overclocked 760 paired with an i5 and run everything at absolute max settings, it's nice. Best bang for your buck.
You could also try going to the site www.canirunit.com and having it automatically compare your computer to the game's minimum/recommended specs. It's not always perfectly accurate, but can be helpful.