[H] Ottis is hosting a Garrosh beat down

Ravenholdt
G'day,

As mentioned in the thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14729683711, I will be hosting a Garrosh kill in Heroic for those that have yet to receive their Heroic heirloom. If you are interested please have an ilvl of 550. As we will have to PUG to fill out the group ( I am assuming) a minimum ilvl will be required. If this is your first time at Garrosh on Heroic (old Normal) please do some homework.

So guides and a video:

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/garrosh-hellscream-strategy-guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbCKI2Ad_6A

- Even if he has been nerfed the group can still wipe if the majority of the raid doesn't know the mechanics of the fight. Wiping is not an issue for me,but in a PUG the raid rage gnome is always just lurking behind a corner.

This is a little quick but I would like to run this on Monday, Oct 27 at 10pm realm time. If this is too soon we can of course move this back to Tuesday, Oct 28 at 10pm. (9 pm CST, 7 PM PST, 10 pm EST)

This will be a Garrosh only run. I have the lock out at Garrosh so this should a quick kill with loots for those of you that need it.

If you are interested post here, send me a message in game or add my battle tag Mockrabbit#1903
Mock...I wish you lots of luck on Bringing that angry little man down. Though I am suspecting that if you don't wash that foul little rabbit and de-flea him...the raid will not only wipe but disband before the food buffs are secured.

If you want, box up Ottis in a air tight box and I will clean him, tenderize him, wash him in a large crock po...I mean bath tub filled with herbs and spices. Crud, I mean incense and bath oils...

Again good luck.
If really prefer Tuesday if that is possible. Monday, tonight, I have to pick someone up and can't make it until fifteen minutes after your start time.

But if it works for everyone else, then I understand.
I will run tonight to beat reset.I will set up another with this week though.
Hm. I'd be interested in tagging in on Lukar. Can do Prot or DPS.

Not free tonight, but should be available tomorrow. Would need to be done by 10 realm though. Got my own raids to lead on the Alliance.
Best wishes. :)
10/27/2014 06:53 PMPosted by Lukar
Hm. I'd be interested in tagging in on Lukar. Can do Prot or DPS.

Not free tonight, but should be available tomorrow. Would need to be done by 10 realm though. Got my own raids to lead on the Alliance.

That would be great Lukar. Which ever you are comfortable with will be fine.

I am going to say Tuesday is off the table for the next kill, but I will aim to have him ready for Thursday evening or Sunday evening after this reset.
So, my brain went on a vacation. I set up a group. I knew I had complete the Paragons in Heroic wing 4 as I did so this morning. Enter the raid and.....wing 1....I didn't clear wing one....it didn't even occur to me. Alas no Garrosh was killed tonight. There was a /facedesk though. I will be sure to have everything cleared for the next run. Thanks to the two Twisting Nether players that were patient and some what amused by my folly. Hopefully I can get them in for the later kill this week.

I leave for 5 minutes and you're tarred and feathered.
10/27/2014 07:46 PMPosted by Mockrabbit
I am going to say Tuesday is off the table for the next kill, but I will aim to have him ready for Thursday evening or Sunday evening after this reset.

Hm. Both of this are pretty bad for me. I'll see what I can do though. Thursday is definitely bad. Sunday might be possible.

<-- Lukar. Yay posting on the wrong character.
Yep, tough lesson - my group found that one out the hard way too. Your Garrosh lock will be on a character which has killed Paragons AND every previous boss.

Also, you can light up the lockout, then swap to an alt to kill Garrosh himself, preserving the lockout for future use.

It's actually a fun and relaxing night to take 8 or so core raiders in there and sub out 2 people every attempt until you're swimming in heirlooms. You can usually get 3-5 kills done an hour if you're not wasting any time between resets.
Hm. Both of this are pretty bad for me. I'll see what I can do though. Thursday is definitely bad. Sunday might be possible.

<-- Lukar. Yay posting on the wrong character.

Would Saturday work Lukar, or which day would be best.

I may do what Starien suggested, and I believe the Indels were trying. I will get the lock out with Mock and then swap out to a couple of my horde alts that don't have the heirloom drop yet. We can do this and then get you in anytime that works Lukar.

- Thanks for the reminder Starien!

...So I need to finish gearing up Yurrie and Luebella, leveling my gnome to 60 then boost to 90 and gear up and hopefully get him in with the Indel run. If all works out I will start WoD with 6-7 heirlooms, only one of which will be from flex/norm >) We will be unstoppable!!!
Looking forward to this. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness

Monday I got my daughter to her first painting lesson and all went well, even if I missed WoW. Real life was kind.
10/28/2014 09:13 AMPosted by Mockrabbit
Would Saturday work Lukar, or which day would be best.

I may do what Starien suggested, and I believe the Indels were trying. I will get the lock out with Mock and then swap out to a couple of my horde alts that don't have the heirloom drop yet. We can do this and then get you in anytime that works Lukar.

Saturdays are doable, but don't stress on it. The heirloom weapon would be nice, but I'm not too worried about it getting it. For the first time I think Lukar won't be the first character I push to max level, and I've already got my mage's heirloom.
10/28/2014 09:01 AMPosted by Starien
It's actually a fun and relaxing night to take 8 or so core raiders in there and sub out 2 people every attempt until you're swimming in heirlooms. You can usually get 3-5 kills done an hour if you're not wasting any time between resets.

I'm confused by this. Everything below Mythic is flexi-scaled now, allowing you to bring up to 30 people at a time. So, why swap people in and out instead of just bringing everybody in for the same kill?
10/28/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Cayreth

I'm confused by this. Everything below Mythic is flexi-scaled now, allowing you to bring up to 30 people at a time. So, why swap people in and out instead of just bringing everybody in for the same kill?

Im assuming that 22 carries all at once at Garrosh would be a MASSIVE cluster-fudge is why. Weapons dropping out in BFE, puggers getting MC'd out of range... would be great for a laugh a couple times before becoming a nightmare.
10/28/2014 03:03 PMPosted by Karaghul
Im assuming that 22 carries all at once at Garrosh would be a MASSIVE cluster-fudge is why. Weapons dropping out in BFE, puggers getting MC'd out of range... would be great for a laugh a couple times before becoming a nightmare.

We've been running the LFR strat for our carries, where everybody stacks up for the first two phases. It makes it super easy to swap to the weapons and MC's because they are right there. You need a little creativity for the last phase, but it's not impossible to do with PuGs.

Doing the LFR strat on heroic difficulty was suggested by our <The Sentinels> friends. I was a little reluctant to try it at first, but I was blown away by how well it works.
10/28/2014 02:37 PMPosted by Cayreth

Same group of 10-14 humans (core raiders plus 1-3 guests), lots of alt swapping for guaranteed heirlooms, and lots of repeat kills hoping to get lucky.
Gort-cha.