What's Going On With Honor?

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 22 Next
no cap reset farm away
10/29/2014 04:44 PMPosted by Unstressing
We gear toons as fast as we can so we can play them when we tire from one account. Nobody wants to spend 2 weeks gearing one toon.....

More to a point, we gear through BGs just to have the opportunity to gear through Arena/RBG.

Right now BG gear is equivalent, but that's a less-than-a-month long fluke pre-expansion.
214 honor for a specific queue for AV. Granted, it was a long one. However, this win beat my random win by 10 honor exactly. Soooo...Until we get some updates about A. How it's working now, and B. How it's intended to work, and C. How it is going to be changed in the future, I think I'll just stick to my manual queues for AV, IoC, and EotS. I'll take whatever 550 gear Blizz sees fit to trickle my way, but as this is the only compelling content in the game right now (mmm, maybe solo'ing Cata raids too), I guess this is what I'll be doing.
1. If you're going to force random queue to get the bonus then remove blacklisting. That would make it so that horde doesn't funnel bots into the 40 mans, and alliance doesn't get facerolled in every other BG but the 40 mans.

2. I have to say, being able to single queue and get decent honor was a refreshing experience because I got to play the BG's that I wanted to play and still gear up at a decent rate. After the 6.0.3 change I don't even feel motivated to log in because I know I'll be lucky to get a single piece of gear for my druid for several hours of playtime.

3. I love the guy who said that PvP is the equivalent of raiding mythic garrosh in 483-496 epics until you're geared because it is an excellent analogy. You literally have 0 chance of doing anything useful until you have gear. You're just a useless drag on your team.

4. I wish blizz would just "give" everyone gear when you enter a BG, and once you have enough points you can "earn" a piece of gear and take it with you when you leave so you can enchant, gem, etc. At least then you'd be moderately useful while working towards owning your gear. Think of it like Rent-to-own, payment accepted in only the blood, sweat, and tears of your enemies.
Blizz,

I get your reasoning behind nerfing the honor. If we are in the mindset of, "Let's focus on the upcoming patch and adjust the game for level 100" then fine. Keep the honor as it is.

However, if this is the case, and apparently it is, then nerf the honor requirements for the current PvP gear. You can't say, "Nothing matters right now since we are adjusting the game to level 100" and in the next sentence say, "We care about the current cost of PvP gear, since it is current gear."

Either you care about "now" or you care about "then". You don't get to push the game in two directions at once. Keep it current, with the cost of the PvP gear as is and the honor as it was. Or adjust it to level 100, with the cost of the PvP gear nerfed, and honor as it will be. You guys are making this way harder than it should be. You can actually appease the playerbase and still have the game adjusted for 100.

Keeping the cost high but nerfing the amount received... just isn't cool at all. That is kind of a "bad word" move there Blizzy.

P.S. Why is the old Wrathful gear more expensive than the Cata gear? Does it have some kind of sentimental value added in there somewhere? The logic you guys use sometimes just really escapes me.
I don't understand why Blizz would even care to nerf the honor gains at this point in the expansion, let people grind out their 550 with alts to have some fun while there is nothing else to do besides SoO for the 100th time. It really isn't going to hurt anyone.
10/29/2014 05:25 PMPosted by Ringoe
Blizz,

I get your reasoning behind nerfing the honor. If we are in the mindset of, "Let's focus on the upcoming patch and adjust the game for level 100" then fine. Keep the honor as it is.

However, if this is the case, and apparently it is, then nerf the honor requirements for the current PvP gear. You can't say, "Nothing matters right now since we are adjusting the game to level 100" and in the next sentence say, "We care about the current cost of PvP gear, since it is current gear."

Either you care about "now" or you care about "then". You don't get to push the game in two directions at once. Keep it current, with the cost of the PvP gear as is and the honor as it was. Or adjust it to level 100, with the cost of the PvP gear nerfed, and honor as it will be. You guys are making this way harder than it should be. You can actually appease the playerbase and still have the game adjusted for 100.

Keeping the cost high but nerfing the amount received... just isn't cool at all. That is kind of a "bad word" move there Blizzy.

P.S. Why is the old Wrathful gear more expensive than the Cata gear? Does it have some kind of sentimental value added in there somewhere? The logic you guys use sometimes just really escapes me.

Seconded.

As for why is Wrathful more than Cata? For the same reason cata food and elixirs give more stats than MoP food and elixirs.
Oh... I see so the only real wins alli can get anymore is running a random BGs and hope you get either AV or IOC. Now you have turned real honor gains into a complete lop sided win win for horde as the other half dozen BGs are heavily favored for horde.

You want to explain how this is fair for alliance?
10/29/2014 06:11 PMPosted by Carmelle
You want to explain how this is fair for alliance?

There's your mistake right there...horde is and always will be the favored child lol. From the lore (horde gets all the good stuff story-wise) new races (just look at goblin vs worgen at cata launch with storylines/models and lore) to green jesus its pretty obivious.

I swear when someone at Blizz trots out the old "We have alliance players here also" I always get a mental image of the one goofy nerdy guy who weighs 80 pds and no one wants him to sit at their table in the cafeteria. They only keep him around so they can point and say "See, theres an alliance player"

So....if you play alliance prepare to lose more often and have it rougher.
The honor is tuned for WoD obviously.

I think blizz should just stop messing with it and nerf the cost of prideful, since that's what people are using it for atm anyway.
I'm getting bonus honor on BGs that I've been in for a while. If I join an in-progress BG that wins or loses quickly, I don't get bonus honor.
As long as you're winning, the honor rate is fine. However, losing several in a row, after waiting 10-15 minutes in a queue, because you're unable to really contribute to the battleground (due to lack of gear) means you're making minimum amounts of honor per hour.

Sometimes the bonus honor for losses works, sometimes it doesn't. I've gone in and came out with the same honor being displayed on my character window.

Making 50-100 honor by losing twice in an hour means you're going to be grinding for days to get any pieces of Prideful gear, unless you know people that're willing to attempt to carry you through every battleground, or you're lucky enough to get into some winning ones, where the other team is equally as terribad geared as you.

I get that the honor system is being changed to incorporate Warlords of Draenor's new win/loss system, however, we're not currently in Warlords of Draenor, and the system doesn't work.

You did a hotfix to reduce damage done until the expansion hits - which people were pleased about - why is it not also possible to apply a hotfix to either change how much honor is gained, or to reduce Prideful gear's cost until the expansion is released next month?
10/29/2014 07:26 PMPosted by Durain

I get that the honor system is being changed to incorporate Warlords of Draenor's new win/loss system, however, we're not currently in Warlords of Draenor, and the system doesn't work.

[/quote]

Right, if we are just thinking about WoD now, then the current gear is nothing more than transmog at this point. Nerf the gear price and people will stop complaining Blizz. Stop making things harder for yourself than it has to be. You are right, you can't please everyone all the time. You can, however, stop doing things that piss people off.

I would love a Blue to come on here and explain why they won't just nerf the gear costs to quite everyone. There is no logical reason to keep it at its current cost if you are no longer concerned about the state of the game before xpac release. What are you worried about? People getting gear too fast? We are going to rep it in 5 levels on launch day. Who cares? Instead you would rather your forum posts be filled with complaints. You guys are goobers some times.
10/29/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Avacyn
Really dislike that the bonus for random is not apparent, and that the bonus is only for random.

Going by the amount of confusion displayed by multiple posters in the thread, I'm inclined to agree with that sentiment.

10/29/2014 01:55 PMPosted by Avacyn

If you want to encourage random, add more incentives, do not take away from individual queuing.

Really bummed me out, was going to get some better gear before xpac, but now it's just a waste of time.

Winning a Battleground still awards honor, and that the bonus Honor was unintentionally added as a 6.0.2 hotfix (when it was intended to be only for a Random BG win).
Wanted to give a heads-up that there's a hotfix being worked on (no ETA but soon without the TM) to increase the amount of Honor gains for Arathi Basin, Deepwind Gorge, Eye of the Storm, and The Battle for Gilneas. We're changing it so Honor is awarded for every 150 resources gathered (up from Honor awarding for every 250 resources gathered).