So before 6.0 I would farm Justice Points...

General Discussion
...convert them to Honor Points...and then buy old PVP gear for transmog.

However...I can't do that now.

I don't PVP...I don't enjoy that aspect of the game because it's too fast for me...I don't understand it and everyone's an !@# and doesn't have the patience to deal with noobs like me.

So...is there an alternative for me or am I just screwed altogether in terms of buying old gear now? Hell not even old gear...but will at least the level 90 PVP gear be available for gold in the coming expansion or will it be forever locked to Honor?
Do the rare spawns in Krasarang and the pvp dailies on Isle of Thunder still give honor?

You could do those if they still reward honor.
10/25/2014 06:36 PMPosted by Squishymcgee
am I just screwed altogether in terms of buying old gear now?

Yep.

10/25/2014 06:38 PMPosted by Knaris

They do not.

Literally the only way to gain Honor Points is to do PvP.
10/25/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Morgam

Yep.

They do not.

Well that's unfortunate. I mean in my downtime that's what I'd do...but since that's an aspect of the game I have absolutely no desire to put myself through...that's a huge chunk of my game-time potentially gone. And I'm not threatening to unsub...but the way I play was having one or two mains...level up my alts and make them AT LEAST look cool...and now I can't do that. So the idea of T-mog for me is effectively ruined. It's like saying "Well you could have ALL THIS SWEET LOOT...but you'll have to nail your !@#$%^- to a wall repeatedly while you pull quarters out of that loot at a time.

Not worth it.
I think AV is the least painful way to get honor for people who don't like PVP. Horde usually loses but the queues are very fast. Learn the map a bit and try to help hold a tower (towers gain honor).

Strand of ancients is also a bg where you can use turrets or ride demos and avoid some of the PVP. We seem to win this one a lot but it can be a longer bg (relative to the others).

The limited 10 year anniversary Tarren Mill vs Southshore might be a decent way to get honor --I am hoping !

I love random bgs and don't mind helping people learn.
Queue specifically for AV or IoC. They average 200-300 honor per game.

While Horde tends to lose those, you only get around 18 extra honor for winning anyway. However, Horde gets instant queues for those battlegrounds, resulting in more honor per hour, despite the rampant losses.

Horde wins at losing, basically.
I'm pretty sure the dailies in Grizzly Hills still give honour. You won't get a lot of honour each day and you do have to flag for PvP to complete them. However, this is the only alternative to BGs and Arenas that I can think of.
10/25/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Morgam

Yep.

They do not.

Eeeew.
LoL...not a bad idea. That might be the way I do this. Just lose continuously until I have what I need.
10/25/2014 06:50 PMPosted by Endera

While Horde tends to lose those, you only get around 18 extra honor for winning anyway. However, Horde gets instant queues for those battlegrounds, resulting in more honor per hour, despite the rampant losses.

What would be the Alliance equivalent of this strategy.

There's gotta be at least one BG where the Alliance regularly eats it.
I be in ur BG's with no pvp gears on!!

I can haz transmog?

lol I am doing the same thing now trying to get honor, its funny to see my daggers doing 200 damage a strike I seriously cant kill anything and I die in seconds.

but its the only way to get the hot looking pvp gear!
IoC and Wintergrasp might be options for you. There are weekly and maybe daily quests that reward good honor, and hardly anyone is there. You could go find a spot to hang out and /dance if you wanted, you'd get honor.

10/25/2014 06:50 PMPosted by Endera

^

I boosted this sham Thursday and since then I've just been grinding AV with my game time. The honor gain is not bad, the queues are almost always less than 1 minute, and we do actually win some of the time (maybe 35%). Also, as an undergeared boosted toon I would really be hampering my team if I went into one of the smaller bgs, but in AV my weakness matters much less, and almost everyone playing AV is in the same state of grinding honor as I am anyhow.
Like I wouldn't even be bothered if the OLDER PVP gear was still good to purchase with Gold. I can completely understand that it's sort of messed up that people can just do dungeons to buy PVP gear...but I thought the way to deter that was to make the conversion cost twice as much. Even still...I could finish a heroic dungeon in 5 minutes and end up with about 4000 Justice Points/2000 Honor Points in a day with just a couple of hours. Now I literally have to sit there and lose continuously until I can get the hell out of there. I just tried doing some random BG's and I lost all 5 of them...BY A LOT...and the entire time everyone was !@#$%ing at eachother.

PVP is just NOT fun in this game.
10/25/2014 06:54 PMPosted by Morgam
What would be the Alliance equivalent of this strategy.

There's gotta be at least one BG where the Alliance regularly eats it.

SoTA
Yeah, and PVP gear looks SO good...and they come in full sets too. It's such a huge bummer I can't look that cool without losing 50 times.
what they need is a transmog rated BG!

where everyone looks fabulous as they kill each other....no pvp gear allowed!
So...is there an alternative for me

You can try Tol Barad and Wintergrasp. Pre-patch they awarded something like 500 honor per win (plus weekly quests for another 300 or so).

But now you need to walk there 15 minutes before the battles before you can queue (just like people did in ye old vanilla days for regular BGs)
I don't PVP

You have to PvP for PvP gear. We had to PvE for PvE gear. OH NO THE HORROR.
Running heroic dungeons is INFINITELY easier than winning a BG.