List of Hunter Bugs/Complaints

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Feign death is having a problem also..have to hit it 2 or 3 times sometimes before it works.
Besides all the problems listed (some are very, very annoying), this one might not be a bug, more of an annoyance.

But anytime you change spec, talents, glyphs; your trap launcher turns off. Didn't use to do this, and sadly, im getting use to it already. Just not sure this was intended or a bug.
10/31/2014 01:04 AMPosted by Mejjmejj
Why would you have to use a spider? You have concussive shot that can have a 100% uptime? The pets that slow seem 100% worthless and should be changed imo.

True and untrue. If someone trinkets/breaks the conc shot, you have to wait before you can put it up again. Having another slow that you can use on command (I don't have mine on auto) can be helpful. That and I like my blue molten spider.

Though would kill for them to update bears so I can use a bear in pvp for stamina. Cant stand the old look of the bears (and I know goat brings it too, but yeah......I want a bear).
11/01/2014 04:29 PMPosted by Vamas
But anytime you change spec, talents, glyphs; your trap launcher turns off. Didn't use to do this, and sadly, im getting use to it already. Just not sure this was intended or a bug.

Good call on the trap launcher. Forgot it turns off all the time when zoning and stuff.
Not completely sure if intended, but Feign death removes Aspect of the fox, really annoying when i first noticed it. (was trying to feign death out of combat and mount quickly to get a faster getaway)
Sounds like a bug to me.
The Feign death bug has been around all through out MoP blizzard just doesn't like fixing anything.
Relevancy bump.
6.0.3 Hotfix: November 3
  • Damage from A Murder of Crows can no longer be dodged.

• One down, many more to go.
    11/03/2014 08:17 PMPosted by Pradafiend
    I'd also like to add a VERY annoying one I discovered.

If you spam killshot button it only shoots one time, it doesn't refund you a bonus one if it fails to finish them off..

If you put crows on a rogue and he uses vanish+cloak, crows stop doing damage to him and dont break his stealth

100% sure about that? They get improved vanish for 3 seconds which keeps them in stealth no matter what. That would be a lame bug
    10/30/2014 09:33 PMPosted by Mejjmejj
    Glyph of Explosive Trap: (Tested)
    -- Knocks enemies away from the hunter, not away from the center of the trap.

Pretty sure this is working as intended.

You dont really want to cast this on a target and knock them into you.. do you? of course this does make it harder for doing sneaky things like knocking people out of towers and off cliffs...

As for Aspect of the Fox, I think that is also intended. At the moment you can use Fox to mount mid air and while running, and I don't think they wanted that to be done.. I know recently using fox in BG disables mounting for the duration

I have seen that explosive sometimes doesn't effect targets which is a pain.
    11/03/2014 11:09 PMPosted by Oceanica
    You dont really want to cast this on a target and knock them into you.. do you? of course this does make it harder for doing sneaky things like knocking people out of towers and off cliffs...

Thats the whole point. It lessens the value of the ability. Its definitely a lesser problem on the list but the control was nice in MoP and then it was taken away. The new traps also give us more precision in their use but then they take away the need for it? Just doesn't make sense.

11/03/2014 08:17 PMPosted by Pradafiend
    If you put crows on a rogue and he uses vanish+cloak, crows stop doing damage to him and dont break his stealth

Ill test this tomorrow some time.
    Shooting arcane shot at a player who is on a flying mount will sometimes fail to apply serpent sting. This could also apply to other situations, but I haven't noticed them yet.
    10/31/2014 01:04 AMPosted by Mejjmejj
    Why would you have to use a spider? You have concussive shot that can have a 100% uptime? The pets that slow seem 100% worthless and should be changed imo.

Even more worthless at 100 when we get Frozen Ammo.
    "Glyph of Animal Bond: (Tested)
    -- Doesn't work with any self healing ability including all glyphs and talents."

This (unforunately) is not a bug but is due to the fact that multipliers no longer affect % heals;

http://i.imgur.com/K8QWJcV.jpg

Sadly achieving "consistency" makes no sense with regards to hunter healing spells and should be examined further by Blizzard; but so far they have basically ignored me when I've tried to communicate this to them. It is a pretty big nerf to solo'ing with no reason other than trying to achieve "consistency among healing spells"

Also I don't see it on this list; but "Blood of the Rhino" from the pet tenacity specialization is not giving the pet the increased 20% armor.
    11/04/2014 02:19 AMPosted by Lelouch
    Shooting arcane shot at a player who is on a flying mount will sometimes fail to apply serpent sting. This could also apply to other situations, but I haven't noticed them yet.

Recorded the bug.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhwmlca8ieA
    11/03/2014 11:09 PMPosted by Oceanica
    10/30/2014 09:33 PMPosted by Mejjmejj
    Glyph of Explosive Trap: (Tested)
    -- Knocks enemies away from the hunter, not away from the center of the trap.

Pretty sure this is working as intended.

I just can't agree with that point of view. I think glyphed Explosive Trap is one or a hunter's most effective tools, and the difference between just plain using it and using it to maximum effectiveness is its previous ability to knock players in the direction of the hunter's choosing.

I don't just want to move my opponent around, of even just away from me; I want to move that player to a specific spot. We used to be able to do that. There's a certain amount of finesse involved to knock a player into a Freezing Trap, or knock a caster off a bunker into a pack of hungry melee'ers.
    Are other classes experiencing this many bugs? It feels like my hunter is way buggier than my warlock and warrior.
    11/04/2014 02:34 AMPosted by Shoot
    Also I don't see it on this list; but "Blood of the Rhino" from the pet tenacity specialization is not giving the pet the increased 20% armor.

The 40% healing bonus is also not working with Mend Pet.