List of Hunter Bugs/Complaints

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
11/04/2014 01:58 PMPosted by Rhodsie
11/04/2014 02:34 AMPosted by Shoot
Also I don't see it on this list; but "Blood of the Rhino" from the pet tenacity specialization is not giving the pet the increased 20% armor.

The 40% healing bonus is also not working with Mend Pet.

The healing bonus not working also falls under the category of "% heals not being affected by multipliers" and is therefore not a bug unfortunately though the logic behind this change in regards to hunter healing synergy was overlooked; as it basically null and voids this part (arguably the most important part) of Blood of the Rhino.

The reasoning for this is "consistency across the board" http://i.imgur.com/K8QWJcV.jpg Unfortunately "consistency across the board" in regards to hunter heals/pet heals is very bad logic and was not fully considered; I have tried to communicate this point to them via twitter with little success.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
The 40% healing bonus is also not working with Mend Pet.

The healing bonus not working also falls under the category of "% heals not being affected by multipliers" and is therefore not a bug unfortunately though the logic behind this change in regards to hunter healing synergy was overlooked; as it basically null and voids this part (arguably the most important part) of Blood of the Rhino.

The reasoning for this is "consistency across the board" http://i.imgur.com/K8QWJcV.jpg Unfortunately "consistency across the board" in regards to hunter heals/pet heals is very bad logic and was not fully considered; I have tried to communicate this point to them via twitter with little success.

This does not explain why the pet armor is not being increased by 20%. They might as well remove the healing bonus from blood of the rhino then, because a healer is not going to be healing a pet tank, and a Hunter has no other way of healing his pet other than spirit bond or mend pet. I know what Celestion said, but here's me hoping it's just a bug all together and he didn't mean to hit blood of the rhino intentionally
glyph of explosive trap's explosion may be fixed. only spent a little bit taking these screenshots so someone else should probably confirm

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15099000099?page=2#40

This does not explain why the pet armor is not being increased by 20%. They might as well remove the healing bonus from blood of the rhino then, because a healer is not going to be healing a pet tank, and a Hunter has no other way of healing his pet other than spirit bond or mend pet. I know what Celestion said, but here's me hoping it's just a bug all together and he didn't mean to hit blood of the rhino intentionally

The 20% armor thing IS a bug as far as I can tell; believe me I am one of the biggest advocate's for solo'ing in the hunter community as well and really think they have done a poor job in regard's to hunter interaction with healing spells and glyphs.

I've said the exact thing regarding moving Blood of the Rhino; because let's face (it might as well not even be listed if it's not going to affect anything)

A colleague of mine; Durendil has written in explicit detail a post regarding a lot of the pet bugs happening

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12533614250#1

It really makes no sense to have all these hunter healing spells/glyphs not affect each other because of them trying to achieve consistency among other healing spells.I understand them wanting to be consistent; but I really think they need to re-evaluate "% heals no longer being affected by multipliers" in the hunter healing department. Like you said; healer's aren't going to be healing pet tanks in order to cheese current content or anything like that; so it simply makes no sense.
Glyph of Explosive Trap: (Fixed)
-- Knocks enemies away from the hunter, not away from the center of the trap.
Confrimed Fixed:
-- Knocks enemies away from the center of the trap once more.

Another one bites the dust.
It's nice to see Blizz is actually fixing some of these things.
I can confirm the Kill Shot second shot failing.

And I can confirm the Post Haste speed boost failing.

And I can confirm the trap launcher resetting itself to "off", constantly.

Hydras are most def annoying as all hell.

And I didn't do the math but the Mend Pet not working with Blood of the Rhino and the 20% armor buff not working would sure as hell explain why my pet feels like it's dying to damn near everything. It's easier to solo big enemies with Ferocity now because at least then it dies faster... -_-

Animal Bond being useless for Solo play makes me sad... Here I thought I was improving my survivability... :(
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The 20% armor thing IS a bug as far as I can tell; believe me I am one of the biggest advocate's for solo'ing in the hunter community as well and really think they have done a poor job in regard's to hunter interaction with healing spells and glyphs.

I've said the exact thing regarding moving Blood of the Rhino; because let's face (it might as well not even be listed if it's not going to affect anything)

A colleague of mine; Durendil has written in explicit detail a post regarding a lot of the pet bugs happening

It really makes no sense to have all these hunter healing spells/glyphs not affect each other because of them trying to achieve consistency among other healing spells.I understand them wanting to be consistent; but I really think they need to re-evaluate "% heals no longer being affected by multipliers" in the hunter healing department. Like you said; healer's aren't going to be healing pet tanks in order to cheese current content or anything like that; so it simply makes no sense.

If they really want to keep it consistent, then they should just make mend pet not % based, and instead just make it a number that's really close to 25%( or 50% with Glyph) of your pets health as a hot. That way we maintain the healing bonus of Rhino, and their % based healing consistency remains intact.

If they really want to keep it consistent, then they should just make mend pet not % based, and instead just make it a number that's really close to 50% of your pets health as a hot. That way we keep the same amount of healing, but their % based healing consistency remains intact.

It's a reasonable suggestion yeah; I honestly think none of the hunter healing glyphs/talents should have the rule "% heals aren't affected by multipliers" applied. These rules were added not to specifically nerf hunter solo'ing (although that is a prominent negative "unforeseen" side effect) but to change real healer spells/interaction. I will tweet them this suggestion; with Blizzcon in the works though they have pretty much been silent.
11/05/2014 04:33 AMPosted by Shoot

It's a reasonable suggestion yeah; I honestly think none of the hunter healing glyphs/talents should have the rule "% heals aren't affected by multipliers" applied. These rules were added not to specifically nerf hunter solo'ing (although that is a prominent negative "unforeseen" side effect) but to change real healer spells/interaction. I will tweet them this suggestion; with Blizzcon in the works though they have pretty much been silent.

I sure hope they fix it, cause yeah, they might as well just not have tenacity if our pet is going to die so fast. Or hell, another fix could just be to alter the Glyph of Mending to add, "Healing is increased by an additional 20% of your pets total health if your pet is in Tenacity specialization." and just do away with the % healing buff from Rhino. The math works out the same when it comes to soloing, which is basically the only time your pet would be in tenacity.

There are so many solutions...
11/05/2014 04:40 AMPosted by Garryoak
11/05/2014 04:33 AMPosted by Shoot

I sure hope they fix it, cause yeah, they might as well just not have tenacity if our pet is going to die so fast. Or hell, another fix could just be to alter the Glyph of Mending to add, "Healing is increased by an additional 20% of your pets total health if your pet is in Tenacity specialization." and just do away with the % healing buff from Rhino. The math works out the same when it comes to soloing, which is basically the only time your pet would be in tenacity.

There are so many solutions...

Many solutions; unfortunately those of us that solo are within a minority compared overall to PvE/PvP class balance; those of us that "extreme solo" (try to solo what no hunter has previously) are within an even smaller minority of just a few hunters. Myself and my colleague Durendil (EU) have been fairly active on twitter recently attempting to communicate this among many other points with the developers with little success.

Anyone that has a concern for our future in solo'ing and extreme solo'ing I would suggest making a twitter as this seems to be the best method to get questions answered; or at least for the devs to hear your thoughts. These types of things do not just "work themselves out" because we are participating in a more niche area of the game; (solo'ing)

For some time now I have enjoyed solo'ing and where it has taken me; the challenges I've faced with pet tanking; pet positioning; and overall solo'ing strategy and I can honestly say that I do not look forward to the future of hunter solo'ing to this due to my pet's "tank" spec not feeling like a true tank spec because of Blizzard's need to be "consistent" and therefore indirectly yet adversely affecting solo'ing. Pet healing is extremely weak due to none of the glyphs/talents modifying each other; and we have an armor bug in the "tank" spec altogether.

Myself and Durendil fought very hard to reason with developers on the removal of "Stable Stacking" http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11478577956?page=1#2 to no avail and Blizzard gave us "Well it was harmless in solo'ing; but it affected PvP so; it had to go." Too often it seems that one area of the game balancing wise leaks into another and sadly we have taken some really heavy hits (bugs or no bugs) in solo'ing. Be vocal; keep solo'ing; and keep fighting.
Didn't see a mention of this....

Growl (taunt) is pretty much non-functioning at this point.

Send pet in, it growls hit mob a few times..

I shoot mob once and get a threat warning. I shoot it a second time and I pull agro.

0.o
Happened to me last week:

Pet died, Mend pet did not change to 'revive pet' button, it stayed as "mend pet" and I could not summon another pet. Logging out did not fix it etc..

Had to revive pet macro to have it work again..
11/05/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Nágato
Happened to me last week:

Pet died, Mend pet did not change to 'revive pet' button, it stayed as "mend pet" and I could not summon another pet. Logging out did not fix it etc..

Had to revive pet macro to have it work again..

You still have the old button from before 6.0, that happened to me too. Just re-drag the new button from the spellbook, you dont see a difference but its new under-the-hood, trust.

I have experienced all of these bugs. I believe I notice ferals and paladins never get stunned by binding shot. So both binding and the current iteration of Intimidation are a bit useless right now.

Ive also noticed that post haste will not free me from physical slows such as piercing howl or concussive shot.
Latest hunter pet hotfixes; we were vocal on twitter and forums and it appears they have heard some of our outcry for solo'ing. These will most certainly help with the wet noodle pets we have had for solo'ing lately but I'm really curious how the 15% reduced physical instead of 20% armor will math out and if that is truly an advantage?

Tenacity Pet Specialization: Blood of the Rhino now reduces the pet's physical damage taken by 15% instead of increasing armor by 20%.

Tenacity Pet Specialization: Great Stamina now increases the pet's health by 60% (up from 12%).
Many more fixes!

Hunter
General
  • Explosive Trap modified by Glyph of Explosive Trap should now correctly knock enemies away from the trap instead of away from the Hunter.
  • Freezing Trap should now trigger correctly when a stealthed character walks over it.
    Survival
  • Serpent Sting should now be correctly applied to targets even if they move more than 40 yards away when struck by Arcane Shot.
  • Hunter Pets
  • Tenacity Pet Specialization: Blood of the Rhino now reduces the pet's physical damage taken by 15% instead of increasing armor by 20%.
  • Tenacity Pet Specialization: Great Stamina now increases the pet's health by 60% (up from 12%).
  • Carrion Bird: Bloody Screech can now be set to autocast.
  • 11/05/2014 07:32 PMPosted by Shoot
    Latest hunter pet hotfixes; we were vocal on twitter and forums and it appears they have heard some of our outcry for solo'ing. These will most certainly help with the wet noodle pets we have had for solo'ing lately but I'm really curious how the 15% reduced physical instead of 20% armor will math out and if that is truly an advantage?

Tenacity Pet Specialization: Blood of the Rhino now reduces the pet's physical damage taken by 15% instead of increasing armor by 20%.

Tenacity Pet Specialization: Great Stamina now increases the pet's health by 60% (up from 12%).

I actually really like the change. It may or may not be better than how tank spec worked before, but I really like switching the spec to tenacity and all of a sudden have pet HP actually be close to the Hunter's!

Remember when you're colleague said switching to tenacity really had no flavor anymore? Well with this stamina change, I really feel like it does! I still think it needs work like agro from thunderstomp being increased, but overall I'm pretty happy right now.
    11/05/2014 07:32 PMPosted by Shoot

I suppose that sort of fixes the need for the 40% more healing since Mending is % based. All I can say now is, they better not have mobs that do % based damage.