Name "French" not available on any server?

Customer Support
Hello everyone,

I've had the very creative idea of naming one of my characters "French" (since that is what I am). I thought it would get fellow French people to talk to me since it is quite an obvious name. Anyway, is it blocked for "racism" purposes? Because I find this name in no way offensive...
If it is blocked, it could be for any reason. The message you get is generic if a name is blocked. It does look like a name that was blocked a long time ago, searching the armory actually returns nothing.
When I try to create a character, I get the usual "That name is unavailable" message and not the "mature language" one so I assumed it wasn't the reason, yet it is the only one I could think of. Is there a way to unlock the name through a Game Master if I really want the name on a specific server?
11/02/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Ghanast
Is there a way to unlock the name through a Game Master if I really want the name on a specific server?

No. If a name is not available to you as a player on the creation screen, GM staff will not give you the name either.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/naming-policy

Severe Violations
Severe violations include any names that:

Have any national connotations.

Why can't people ever accept "No." as an answer?
If someone else has the name on the server you get the unavailable message. If it's a blocked name you get the offensive message
Why can't people ever accept "No." as an answer?

Please, be more rude. I'm simply trying to get information here. Did I honestly sound like I'm going to fight until I get the name? Because I don't plan on it.