Sick Of Fox QQ

Hunter
Title. Personally I think it's nice for hunters to finally bring some utility to a modern raid aside from MDing adds and Buff/Lust filling. Although to an extent I do agree with the annoyance that our shiny new tool doesn't help hunters (the very ones with the cooldown) quite as much in a raiding scenario. And that moving aspects was counterintuitive to button bloat. Just like MoP launch when aspects were on GCD, don't worry if it's as bad as that was they will surely change it back guys.

That being said I TOTALLY agree with all the players (Read; Frackin' Maroons) who insist that this spell doesn't help hunters at all. Apparently in 6.0 hunters lost the ability to use Hearthstones, cast time Items, portals, Gather Resources, Mounts, Fish, Survey, Etc.

Oh wait lol jk we still do those things, just checked! I know reading and google are hard, so is testing it in-game, and that because you looked at it and pressed it once you obviously have a full grasp over a new ability, but I'm sure if you asked any other class if they'd like to be able to mount while falling or running or to use an engineering port mid-dash they'd say yes. This ability wasn't something to replace some awesome DPS buff they scrapped or anything, so stop pretending like it's such a hassle to have raid utility or a fun little cooldown, depending on your play-style.

Spread the word of how versatile this skill is, and its lesser known uses. And if you have any other opinions of why this button is great/garbo let me know below.
Great for MM spec.

The people whining about it just don't understand it. They also don't get the idea of raid utility Blizzard is shooting for.
The most I have used it for is mounting while running!
Since Resto Druids can't get Spiritwalker's Grace from Shamans anymore, it's gonna be great for them to be able to tranq and move. Organized, Fox is gonna have it's uses. Pug groups, it'll barely have any use as no one will probably even know it's up even with a macro to yell it out when you use it.
11/01/2014 08:17 AMPosted by Wuropp
Since Resto Druids can't get Spiritwalker's Grace from Shamans anymore, it's gonna be great for them to be able to tranq and move. Organized, Fox is gonna have it's uses. Pug groups, it'll barely have any use as no one will probably even know it's up even with a macro to yell it out when you use it.
Odds are nobody will notice unless it's sent out as a raid warning or in voice chat. I know I don't generally spend much time looking at my chat box during a fight.
Yeah...Hearthing while running was SO needed....just like my up-coming Garrison. :P

But I get your point.
If you're a caster, it's worth having a weak aura for it.
I just came back like 2 weeks ago after not playing since Wrath.

I didn't even realize there was QQ for this. When I first read it I thought "Wow I feel like this will be super useful in raids even if I personally am playing a spec that doesn't need it."

Of course I haven't used it realistically once since I just got back and haven't really done much raiding outside a few LFRs, but it doesn't take much thought process to realize the potential utility this skill has in many situations, especially concerning difficult, movement heavy raid encounters.
11/01/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Mograximus
I didn't even realize there was QQ for this.

"I don't care about helping other people I play this game for me why didn't blizz give me something that greatly improves my DPS and/or survivability??"

"fox doesn't last long enough and the CD is too long. it sucks because I dont understand that this ability can be chained with other hunters"

^ TL:DR of all the QQ
Yeah, foxes still suck :/ I was hoping they would get some actual raid buff but noooooooooo it's basically evasion for whatever :/ Oh you mean aspect of the fox. It's awesome and amazing for marks.
it's more in that, in the past, these buffs have almost always been a nice buff for the person using it as well. this is fairly pointless for hunter's, even for MM. it's not very long, and the cool down is pretty high considering.

people should be complaining. we lost a lot and got little in return.
As with all hunter changes, I roll with it.

But a few seconds longer would have been nice.

Then again, it wasn't designed for SoO fights, so it might come in extremely handy in WoD. (not saying it isn't now, just that having only 1 hunter isn't enough in most SoO fights where it is a boon to have it, with it only lasting 6 seconds with a 3 minute CD... but since my raid group has at least 2 hunters at all times... not so bad)
11/01/2014 08:15 AMPosted by Foxsake
The most I have used it for is mounting while running!

You can also use it to mount while falling. Or after disengaging off a cliff, etc.
People !@#$% about this ability a lot. Yes it does have it's usefulness.... though it's very situational. And you will need voice chat to really get full potential out of it. If you have more then one hunter chaining them... sure it would be fantastic. But look at what hunter lost in comparison to what it got back.... not a lot... They trimmed abilities we never used or always used and either "incorporated" them into other abilities or got rid of them completely. This is the perfect example of one of those abilities that would have been trimmed in the first place. It will get little to no use, I have sincerely tried to get use out of it in raids and daily gameplay alike. We usually have 2-5 hunters in our raid group so the chaining factor was fun yet frustrating at times. Eventually we got it down but really... it was still of little use. Maybe there will be more movement in WOD raids/dungeons but seriously this ability is weak and either needs to go away or changed to be more useful. I would prefer it if the ability lasted longer for one. Six seconds is just pathetic, yes it can be chained, yes it's raid wide.... still almost a waste of time for me to even click it. Fifteen seconds of movement with a 1.5 min raid wide cooldown would be spectacular. That way you could still get usefulness from multiple hunters and it would be far more effective and the cooldown would not have to be changed.

Or, here is another idea... you could give back shaman and warlock their ability to move and cast and give it to other casters as well so we wouldn't have to help babysit them. No one likes to stand still and cast, it's extremely annoying and takes away from the action that is supposed to be happening in the game anyways. Slows down my adrenaline rush in the heat of battle when all I'm doing is standing there pressing 1,2,3,1,3,2,1 all day long because you simplified the game so much again that there are no actual rotations anymore... Everyone knows these changes were due to pvp anyways. Not everyone plays pvp man... stop penalizing your average pve player and slowing down their gameplay because PallyMcwhiner can't stay in melee range of a shaman because they just get kited all day while the shaman is spamming lightning bolt.

Sorry, that turned into a full on rant... lol
I rest my case.