This lack of response...

Arenas
In Wrath the old armory actually provided stats and showed all kinds of match ups and who was actually in the arena, how long the arena lasted, and healing/damage done. It was the best tool in detecting cheating and disconnections. I have no idea why they removed that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

/thread
#LoreLiedRoutersDied

and Arena died too.
11/05/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Ashman
In Wrath the old armory actually provided stats and showed all kinds of match ups and who was actually in the arena, how long the arena lasted, and healing/damage done. It was the best tool in detecting cheating and disconnections. I have no idea why they removed that.

Because it provided visibility and allowed the community to moderate itself.

Can't have that.
#LoreLiedRoutersDied

I think I might take this to the general discussion forums. That should get some attention.
11/02/2014 10:18 PMPosted by Unmaimes
I don't accept that pilots can go undetected

They did get detected and the ladders were scrubbed. Glad rating dropped by 26 points or something.

I don't care if you are R1, almost challenger or pushing 1200, you deserve a fair playing field.

What about 2v2 players in the 1500 who have to play full geared player who tank their rating to sell cap, rating or more?

The ladder MUST retain its integrity, or at least an illusion of.

Again what about 2v2?

So Blizzard, what are you doing to convince us players that the ladder will have any integrity next season?

It is the player base that controls the ladders. The game and the ladders will be what the players make it.
they prolly have to invade our computers a lot more to stop the cheating, bots and bot assists

should poll the playerbase to see if they think it is worth it

a lot of the cheaters prolly feel like they HAVE to cheat to be competitive so a bunch of the cheaters might still vote for a more invasive anti-cheat warden
11/11/2014 02:47 PMPosted by Critérios
Again what about 2v2?

2v2 is not a rewarded bracket (i.e. not competitive so I guess it is a lower priority to 3s).

11/11/2014 02:47 PMPosted by Critérios
It is the player base that controls the ladders. The game and the ladders will be what the players make it.

I disagree. If something is to be competitive, the controlling body (in this case Blizzard) need to control the ladder. If you leave it to the player, the scum will prevail as legitimate players have no method of doing anything to the cheaters.
11/05/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Ashman

yea. it was one of the best tools to learn from as well. looking at comps, counter comps, see who was the kill target, see the damage, see who died, how long matches lasted... so much valuable information. I used to look at it all the time to figure out what I was doing wrong.

the big thing was seeing match lengths to be honest. I played a lot of 2s at the time on my lock and I remember play super long, mana-drain games. then, we looked up a r1 lock running the same comp and they were getting wins in 2-3 minutes. I had thought it wasn't possible to get kills in that short a time... so I completely changed how I looked at each match and it really improved my game.

man I do miss those tools.
11/11/2014 09:23 PMPosted by Unmaimes
2v2 is not a rewarded bracket (i.e. not competitive so I guess it is a lower priority to 3s).

The lack of response is not really the issue, because if the player think the rules do not apply to them they will not follow.

Case in point the guy above me is still posting in the forums even after

http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct#cross-linking

Not even going to get into the content of the forums that were linked and how many more rules that broke.

People break the rules all the time and get away if it because they justify it in someway. Look how many call out thread there was right before title went out.

But your thread is not needed as the ladders were scrubbed and the cheaters removed. The rating change up and down the ladder. Grips of players were removed from the ladders and title removed/rewards removed.

Believe it or not, there was a response. Unlike some other areas where there is no response.
11/12/2014 01:47 PMPosted by Critérios
Look how many call out thread there was right before title went out.

The rating change up and down the ladder.

do you not know how to find your s key
11/12/2014 01:52 PMPosted by Banexoxo
do you not know how to find your s key

yea no need for that key

Case in second point

11/11/2014 05:26 PMPosted by Solweaver
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14928003401

lol blizzard locked the thread but didn't delete lore's post

#loreliedroutersdied

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/901260952 forums guidelines says

Lylirra:
Do not post about locked or deleted threads.

Posts that are moderated have a reason behind the moderation. It's up to you to read the forum Code of Conduct and these guidelines to determine what you did wrong, learn from your mistake, and attempt to post again without breaking any rules.
DDoS is the incorrect term for what people are doing in this game. DDoS is a distributed denial of service attack. This means that a botnet (network of thousands or millions of hosts infected by some zombieware) is basically being controlled by the user's script and directing the botnet to flood something with packets. There are several ways to accomplish a DDoS, and not all of them look the same. What you guys see in game is just a simple DoS attack, as there is probably no botnet attached to whatever the person on the other side of the screen is doing.

Depending on how actions translate from client to server, splunk rules could be written fairly easily by any run of the mill web admin/security engineer to track pilots. You can configure splunk to send automated emails when your event happens. I feel like it wouldn't be impossible to track pilots with it. Track the account associated with the logged in IP for x amount of hours after the new ip logs in. If an arena rating increases by y%, flag that accont as a possible wintrader.
Case in point the guy above me is still posting in the forums even after

http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct#cross-linking

o.o

http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct#trolling

Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters

a couple months ago a player posted they had a hard time connecting with others and they would soon be dying.

you proceeded to ask me if I thought rets were viable or not and completely trash his thread with garbage that had nothing todo with his post. beyond the fact he was saying he had a hard time talking out in the first place, that was his last post... and you had to troll in it.

you can troll all you want in most of the general threads... but when someone is honest enough to let everyone they will soon be dead... I can't even imagine having to type that... and you had to go and troll in that thread.

that makes you as a person, a piece of !@#$.
11/12/2014 02:36 PMPosted by Adroi
ou can troll all you want in most of the general threads... but when someone is honest enough to let everyone they will soon be dead... I can't even imagine having to type that... and you had to go and troll in that thread.

that makes you as a person, a piece of !@#$.
I think the gaming community should embrace ddos'ing.

If we continuously call our ISP's and anger them with our constant complaints of ddos and what not, they will then ddos microsoft with phone calls to fix skype and make a super proxy that will prevent every ddos attack that could ever happen

Then from there we all bot so that it is easier for blizzard to detect the botting programs and make a final once and for all fix

then after that we target pilots, what we do here is create an air traffic control tower and ground all flights

i also have no idea if this thread is about this, i didnt read the OP