Is Glory of the Icecrown Raider available?

General Discussion
11/07/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Aarschott
11/07/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Malforian
Blizzard has created all kinds of tools to put at your very finger tips and people just don't seem to use them.

And one of those tools is "ask on the forums".

That tool does exist, yes. But compared to other, similar tools, posting on the forums is extremely weak. Unreliable, unsourced information. Lack of a timely response. The addition of trolls.

Forums are not designed to be a database of information. Forums are designed for discussion. Can you retrieve information there? Yes, but it's terribly inefficient.

And don't try that, "But it's social!" garbage. When is the last time you saw positive social interaction come out of a request for simple information that can be retrieved in-game, from Google, or Wowhead?
I know whenever I'm looking for useful information, the first place I look is wherever I can encounter the most lies, trolling, unrelated BS, and vitriol.

<cue Thottbot joke>
11/07/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Heftybags
Posted by Vanarela

11/07/2014 10:10 AMPosted by Dogofdecay
Along with the associated mount? I had someone tell me it wasn't

It would have taken you ten seconds to find it in the achievement panel and see that it is indeed still available and that it still awards the mount.

You do realise sometimes people dont have access to actually get on WoW

Do you realize they are posting on the forums and they can easily go to their characters screen and check achievements?

You do realize sometimes it's faster to post something then come back to it every oncein a while so you get information, so you don't get caught?
You do realize sometimes it's faster to post something then come back to it every oncein a while so you get information, so you don't get caught?
caught? are you looking up information while robbing banks or something?

what is doing this at work/school where there can/will be repercussions when caught?
11/07/2014 10:53 AMPosted by Overman

i didn't realize the wow general discussion forum is google now.

well it is for discussing wow, and the OP is discussing wow by asking about an achievement. i don't see the problem. and from the responses asking on the forums looks about as quick as google would have been or trying to find it through the achievements tab.
11/07/2014 10:55 AMPosted by Dogofdecay
11/07/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Heftybags

Do you realize they are posting on the forums and they can easily go to their characters screen and check achievements?

That's silly logic. I can do a Google search faster than you can make a post here on the forums. Assuming for whatever silly reason, I need to "hide", when I get back to my search results, the information is right there. There is little to no chance that the first time you come out of "hiding", your answer will be right there, sourced and correct.

A Google search for "Glory of the Icecrown Raider" yields WoWhead as the first result.
11/07/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Overman
11/07/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Vanarela

It would have taken you ten seconds to find it in the achievement panel and see that it is indeed still available and that it still awards the mount.
why are useful comments like this always downvoted?

Because they are pointlessly snarky. A person could be posting from work or from many other locations that do not have access to the actual game client.
11/07/2014 10:28 AMPosted by Dogofdecay
You do realise sometimes people dont have access to actually get on WoW

If you have access to the internet, and access to the WoW forums, I can only assume you have access to your own Armory profile and can look in the achievement pane to see if it's still possible to get.

Like how can you be in a place where its safe to post on the forums, but not safe to look at your own armory profile in the top right corner and check your achievement tab?
11/07/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Doomclan
For example, [Portal Jockey]. If you attempt to solo, the fight automatically resets if everyone is inside the portals.

False on the 'difficult' part.

Go in with a healing spec.

Healbomb her before she opens any portals.

Voila, Portal Jockey.
11/07/2014 10:53 AMPosted by Overman

i didn't realize the wow general discussion forum is google now.

Apparently it is the new gripe forum for bored players. You've spent more time complaining and being condescending in several posts than the OP did asking the question.

You should thank him for giving your life purpose.
11/07/2014 10:58 AMPosted by Dogofdecay
...caught? are you looking up information while robbing banks or something?

what is doing this at work/school where there can/will be repercussions when caught?

Well then you had better stop posting if that is the case.. You have 24 posts for today alone.

Because they are pointlessly snarky. A person could be posting from work or from many other locations that do not have access to the actual game client.
if they have access to the forums, they have access to the internet, and that means they have access to google and the armory.

Irrelevant. It's a wow discussion forum. It was a wow related question. Just because there are various viable sources of information it is entirely up to the person in question to choose how to pursue his avenue of research. If you don't want to reply to it, don't.
11/07/2014 10:39 AMPosted by Breathkeeper
I had someone tell me that the Xbox 360 is named that because you take one look at it, then take a 360 turn and walk away.

"Someone" is invariably a complete idiot. Look it up for yourself.
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4602

You realize that if you're looking at an Xbox 360, and do a 360, you'd still be looking at it.
11/07/2014 11:10 AMPosted by Xue
11/07/2014 10:39 AMPosted by Breathkeeper
I had someone tell me that the Xbox 360 is named that because you take one look at it, then take a 360 turn and walk away.

"Someone" is invariably a complete idiot. Look it up for yourself.
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=4602

You realize that if you're looking at an Xbox 360, and do a 360, you'd still be looking at it.

Basic geometry is not people's strong suit apparently.
Xue & Merl...

whoosh, is all I'm saying.
11/07/2014 10:43 AMPosted by Doomclan
For example, [Portal Jockey]. If you attempt to solo, the fight automatically resets if everyone is inside the portals. [Been Waiting] is also difficult to solo, and impossible on classes that have no dispell-disease ability.

Been Waiting A Long Time For This is perfectly soloable without a disease dispel. He doesn't cast the disease on his tank, though, so to solo it you need some form of a pet to take aggro off of you.
11/07/2014 10:45 AMPosted by Alrauyne
been waiting a long time for this though is impossible to solo, period, at least on 25 heroic, because he won't use Necrotic Plague if there's only one target

Ive seen strats for soloing it, but I wouldn't want to do it on heroic anyways.