World pvp healer

Arenas
G'day mate, how's it going, alright?

I've got a Insta90 boost to use and would like to create a healer for the purposes of large scale wpvp (40v40)

I'm wondering what healer might be most effective/disruptive for that sort of pvp, keeping in mind fps tends to drop like crazy so classes with good passive healing are useful.

I'm guessing Druid will be the #1 answer but I've already got a 90 fdruid.

Much appreciated, ta
I bet you are wearing a wife beater with the Australian flag on it.
ret paladin
Probably paladin or druid.
11/05/2014 05:42 PMPosted by Zir

I'm wondering what healer might be most effective/disruptive for that sort of pvp, keeping in mind fps tends to drop like crazy so classes with good passive healing are useful.

Passive healing has been (rightly) nerfed in WoD. In MoP I would have said resto shaman- just use healing stream on cd, but that has been nerfed. I'd probably say holy priest in WoD- lightwell heals automatically and you can just use circle of healing on cooldown and blanket the raid with renews. About as passive as you're going to get in WoD.
11/05/2014 05:49 PMPosted by Kewpiemayo

Lol'd pretty hard.

11/05/2014 06:04 PMPosted by Kelleni

Passive healing has been (rightly) nerfed in WoD. In MoP I would have said resto shaman- just use healing stream on cd, but that has been nerfed. I'd probably say holy priest in WoD- lightwell heals automatically and you can just use circle of healing on cooldown and blanket the raid with renews. About as passive as you're going to get in WoD.

I was also considering a holy priest, pretty keen on that..

I'm just trying to think if theres any healers with cd's that have a large impact on a 40v40 fight.

Cheers for the feedback so far.
I would say priest. Whether it's disc with holy nova and pre-shielding with spirit shell/ PW:S or holy with renews, echo of light, light well, and many other great raid healing tools you can't go wrong.
holy paladin hands down
Any reason holy paladin is recommended? I figured they were much more suited to only healing 2-3 targets rather than.. Like.. 40

I'm leaning heavily on holy priest, I figure if I die then I get a good 15~ seconds worth of huge heals at least.
They always have been decent in group healing and LOH is useable. But they lack self-peels and instants/ prehealing shields. So if even as much as 2 geared people are sitting on you with CC, interrupts and no1 helps you bye bye. One of the easiest healers to take down atm.

Priest is much more self-sufficient tanky, don't need to cast much.

And passive healing? I don't think Pallys have any except that new beacon talent at 100 I think. Druid have yseras gift but you can't rely on that. Disc has divine bulwark and focused will not necessarily a heal but defensive passive where you don't need to press a single button.
Alright I'm pretty convinced on a priest, are there any redeeming qualities for rshams or monks in a 40v40 situation?

Thanks.
11/05/2014 05:49 PMPosted by Kewpiemayo

lol'd pretty hard