New Trailer! The Hobbit: BotFA

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Don't say it's not WoW related, there is orcs, humans, dwarves and blood elves look alike in it :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVAgTiBrrDA
Not WoW related.
11/06/2014 10:28 AMPosted by Sinatraz
Don't say it's not WoW related

It's not WoW related.
Elves didnt come from Trolls in Tolkein universe and I dont think Dwarves in LotR universe were created by an old god interfering with Titan technology.

Different universes therefor are not related
It's nigh impossible for anything that came after Tolkien's books, especially high fantasy, to not in some way resemble his work, as it's drawn from the same medieval mythology and uses classical imagery. Elves, dwarves, and orcs/goblins are part of the basic template for this genre.

And I would go out on a limb and say the original creators of Warcraft (and probably the people working on it today) were fans of Tolkien and influenced by his work, just as Tolkien was influenced by George MacDonald and stories like Beowulf or Gilgamesh.
11/06/2014 10:29 AMPosted by Destronoma
Not WoW related.
On name alone, Farscape is correct. Also, his ideas have merit.
Those aren't blood elves, they don't have the ridiculous floppy ears.
11/06/2014 10:57 AMPosted by Farscape
And I would go out on a limb and say the original creators of Warcraft (and probably the people working on it today) were fans of Tolkien and influenced by his work, just as Tolkien was influenced by George MacDonald and stories like Beowulf or Gilgamesh.

While Im a big fan of Tolkien, I think the original creators of Warcraft were more influenced by Warhammer then anything else, if you catch my meaning. :^)
11/06/2014 11:00 AMPosted by Adelphie
Those aren't blood elves, they don't have the ridiculous floppy ears.

But they do have great fashion taste. You can't deny that.

Also...EU gets to see the movie 5 days before NA.

Not far! Wait...London gets to see the premiere on the 1st of December! Double not fair!
This is like me coming to the general forums to talk about the Dark Tower series because it has "doors" that can be conceived as portals and a gunslinger that can be conceived as a "hunter".

Trust me- it's unrelated.
11/06/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Ragnivald
Elves didnt come from Trolls in Tolkein universe and I dont think Dwarves in LotR universe were created by an old god interfering with Titan technology.

In the Tolkien universe Elves were the first humanoid race. They weren't derived from anything.

Humans were the second and also weren't derived from anything.

Orcs were created from elves by morgoth, the evil valar.

Dwarves were created from stone by Aule, one of the good valar. Technically they were created before elves but they were stashed away asleep until after the elves first appeared.
11/06/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Ellrond
11/06/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Ragnivald

In the Tolkien universe Elves were the first humanoid race. They weren't derived from anything.

Humans were the second and also weren't derived from anything.

Orcs were created from elves by morgoth, the evil valar.

Dwarves were created from stone by Aule, one of the good valar.

I bet you forgot where you put your car keys, didn't you?

(In other words, it's amazing about the stuff we do retain.)
11/06/2014 11:12 AMPosted by Jujubiju
I bet you forgot where you put your car keys, didn't you?(In other words, it's amazing about the stuff we do retain.)

Judging by his name, I'm going to assume he's a huge Tolkien fan and has read the Silmarillion more than once lol
11/06/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Jujubiju
This is like me coming to the general forums to talk about the Dark Tower series because it has "doors" that can be conceived as portals and a gunslinger that can be conceived as a "hunter".

Trust me- it's unrelated.

You guys are all so boring lol. It has to be about WoW 24/7. Geez haha

You act like a douche, simple as that.
11/06/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Sinatraz

Well actually it's one of the rules of the forums.
Not WoW related.

11/06/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Bettanth
It's not WoW related.

11/06/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Sinatraz

You act like a douche, simple as that.

it's one of the forum rules.

there is a special forum for this stuff, try using it.
Not WoW related.

Talk ticks, not deer.
11/06/2014 10:57 AMPosted by Farscape
It's nigh impossible for anything that came after Tolkien's books, especially high fantasy, to not in some way resemble his work, as it's drawn from the same medieval mythology and uses classical imagery. Elves, dwarves, and orcs/goblins are part of the basic template for this genre.

Bingo. We have a winner, tyvm.

Even the original Dungeons and Dragons was influenced heavily by Tolkien and I have not doubt whatsoever that the Blizz gamers recognize that.

Relating WoW to LotR can be done, but generally it's a non-issue because pretty much everyone "gets it". Seems to me the OP trolled and got lots of bites. Gratz.
/sigh
is this what warcraft movie is going to look like?