Need macro help for PvP.

Hunter
I am a Marksmen I am new and am just now realizing the importance of macros. I often use Chimera shot as an opener due to its CD, but I also like to immediately create gaps. Is there a way I can make Chim shot macro that does Concussive as well if timer is up. Right now I tried to make this macro and it won't shoot the other if one is on a timer. IE if Concussive is on timer it won't shoot anything and vice-versa Is there some way to bypass that?

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Chimera Shot
/cast Concussive Shot

I am guessing there is no way to do this and I hope there isn't and this is fine if not, but if others are doing similar things I'd like the playing ground to be even.

I also find binding shot to be completely worthless as there is never any real opportunity to use it by the time you click the hot button it is assigned to, switch to mouse pad to target the area you want affected and hit the mouse pad two to three times to make sure it shoots you are usually dead or stunned waiting to die..So why the hell does everyone recommend that? I have had 10x more use out of the pet stun talent than that !@#$.Is there a way to make it automatically shoot where the pointer is or better yet shoot automatically at who I have selected as target so I never have to switch to the damn laptop mousepad? I use keybinds only.

So far I love this class but Ret's, DK's, and Ferals usually I am dead by the end of stun or have time for one instant to go off after stun if that, so being able to use binding shot as another gap maker would be helpful but the mechanics of using it are just stupid...

Since a few levels ago I had no problems creating gaps but now I have switched talents and glyphs and it has made survivability much better. I find Disengage glyph and Disengage timer reduction talent to be far more useful than anything else.

Is steady aim really better than thrill of the hunt for pvp? I just see aimed shot as almost wholly useless pvp and pve.
11/05/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Khaom
Is there a way I can make Chim shot macro that does Concussive as well if timer is up.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=6 Chimaera Shot, Concussive Shot, Concussive shot

It'll give you the opportunity to use a second con shot should you need/want it, or you can wait for chim shot to come off CD and it'll jump to it when it does.

Is there a way to make it automatically shoot where the pointer is or better yet shoot automatically at who I have selected as target

That's impossible.

I would recommend picking up a little wireless mouse (shouldn't be more than $20), trust me, as someone who use to raid on a laptop, it really does help.

I can't comment on what's better or help with PvP unfortunately, as I don't do any of it, but many people on the forums can/will help.
Thanks very much for help.
most abilities share a 1 second "global cooldown," notice the word global, hence it affects most abilities. Any abilities affected by this GCD can-not be use at the same time. which is why your macro wont work.

there are proportionally few abilities excluded from the GCD, typically these abilities include most abilities that would make you perform worse if you spent a GCD on it, making them work against you instead of helping. so they remove a lot of those from the GCD.

if you want 2 abilities that have a GCD in the same button, you can either;
make them work one after the other
/castsequence reset=2 chimera shot, concussive shot

or switch between the abilities by assigning a modifier to select between them
/cast [mod:alt] concussive shot
/cast [mod:shift]
/cast [mod:ctrl]
/cast [nomod] chimera shot

you can probably use them in situations but I don't know enough about that....

but you can not use them at the same exact time.
Yeah do not need exact same time whatsoever I just want them flowing consecutively because I find in pvp you always want to slow them down at the beginning and conc is a no cost instant and chim always seems to be the best opener. Thanks both of you really helped me.
As MM, with Careful Aim, in a best-case scenario, open with Aimed, to get the crit, then go with Chim. Its a heavy 1-2 punch. You dont always have that luxury, but if you do, opein with Aimed.

As far as Binding, it acts just like a trap. Same mechanic. Hotkey to activate, mouse key to place. It just takes time and practice. Binding really opens up your gameplay if you can learn to use it effectively. You can drop it in your lap, you can place in the direction you are kiting, it can be a teammate peel, and you can drop it in mid Disengage to sucker over-eager melee into it (rogues, ferals, and warrs esp) or drop Bind+Explo to force an aoe stun.

Best way to practice this is to find some mobs in a dung/area that are a little below your level, pull 3 or 4, and start kiting. Put yourself in a position that if you dont do it correctly, you wont die. In lowbie pvp, its so bursty that one mistake, and its rez time.

I definitely would not macro Chim and Conc to a keybind even with a modifier. Conc is such an important ability that it needs its own keybind and available for use in most any situation. While condensing keybinds sounds like a convenient idea, its not helping you in the long run.

just my 2 copper...welcome to the class
cast [target=mouseover] chimera shot

that what you're asking for OP in respect to targeting someone?

I would highly, HIGHLY recommend you not use a macro that strings concussive and chimera though. while it might be a nice fix short term, in the long run concussive shot has a lot of other purposes then slowing your kill target. in arena, you might be using it to setup traps off of. you might use it to slow a priest trying to fear your healer. or you might be use it to quickly tag a rogue trying to stealth.

also, you're talking about GCD time waste on an opener. this is hurting your burst potential.

I also find binding shot to be completely worthless as there is never any real opportunity to use it by the time you click the hot button it is assigned to, switch to mouse pad to target the area you want affected and hit the mouse pad two to three times to make sure it shoots you are usually dead or stunned waiting to die..So why the hell does everyone recommend that?

if you're using a touch pad, you really should get a mouse of some type. would recommend the logitech g500 or something similar. you're not going to able to pvp with any proficiency with a touch pad.

the pet stun has a long cd and short uptime. also it's locational/cc dependent in regards to your pet.

So far I love this class but Ret's, DK's, and Ferals usually I am dead by the end of stun or have time for one instant to go off after stun if that, so being able to use binding shot as another gap maker would be helpful but the mechanics of using it are just stupid...

feral/ret are pretty good counters to hunter's atm. also, everything right now is pretty off in respect to numbers. I would quite literally ignore any damage/healing you see currently. it will be "more" balanced at 100.

Is steady aim really better than thrill of the hunt for pvp? I just see aimed shot as almost wholly useless pvp and pve.

aim shot is massive for mm. you're openers on any clean target should be with aim shot first. it's huge damage on targets with high health. you get a huge crit buff, don't forget. steady focus is the preferred talent. well, at least atm it is. at 100, who knows. with the extra focus you have from steady focus, you should be using tranq shot a lot.
My bad I meant Steady Shot not Steady Aim and as for talent I meant steady focus instead of thrill of the hunt. Should have looked names up to double check before I posted. I find my self almost never needin steady aim in PvP right now only PvE so steady focus just seems a waste but I see a lot proffering it as better than Thrill,
11/05/2014 03:04 PMPosted by Adroi

I would highly, HIGHLY recommend you not use a macro that strings concussive and chimera though. while it might be a nice fix short term, in the long run concussive shot has a lot of other purposes then slowing your kill target. in arena, you might be using it to setup traps off of. you might use it to slow a priest trying to fear your healer. or you might be use it to quickly tag a rogue trying to stealth.

Yeah, at 100 when we get frozen ammo I suspect we will be focus concussive shotting a lot more than target concussive shotting.
11/05/2014 07:34 PMPosted by Kelleni
11/05/2014 03:04 PMPosted by Adroi

Yeah, at 100 when we get frozen ammo I suspect we will be focus concussive shotting a lot more than target concussive shotting.

I see the frozen ammo as being mostly redundant with most of the comps we play. not that it won't have some practical uses, but I think the poisoned ammo will likely be the best option. who's to say though.

11/05/2014 07:28 PMPosted by Khaom
My bad I meant Steady Shot not Steady Aim and as for talent I meant steady focus instead of thrill of the hunt. Should have looked names up to double check before I posted. I find my self almost never needin steady aim in PvP right now only PvE so steady focus just seems a waste but I see a lot proffering it as better than Thrill,

you want steady focus because the role you fulfill in pvp has changed slightly. with most of our filler gone and most healing spells being condensed, the value of a single dispel is more important then it was before. as in, shield are bigger, rejuvs are bigger, etc. those free globals while you're waiting for chimera to come up again should be tossed into tranq shot. keeping your target completely cleaned off for those burst windows.
11/06/2014 06:10 AMPosted by Adroi
the value of a single dispel is more important then it was before.

This is so true and a great point by Adroi. Since some of our cc was toned down or flat out removed, we are going to be called upon to be dispellers. Clutch dispells are going to be mandatory.

Rippin bubbles and hots off things makes them die fast. I see alot of people complaining about Disc. Yes, they are extremely hard to kill and you can almost kill yourself chewing thru the reflective shield, but Tranq it off...not as hard to kill. Drood HoTs ticking...tranq. Ret buffs...tranq. etc.

Gone is scatter, silencing, widows, etc...Tranq now becomes a real part of our role.
11/06/2014 07:14 AMPosted by Maryjäne
Rippin bubbles and hots off things makes them die fast. I see alot of people complaining about Disc.

yep yep.

I can put an aim shot and chimera into a shield and have it not break. now that will change at 100.. but if you look at the majority of your damage rotating around chimera or explosive shot as survival, you're dealing with a cd regardless. if you blow all your damage into that shield... that's it... you wait another 10 seconds or so for your damage to come back up. by that time though... you might have a new shield or new hot to deal with. 3-4 globals used to traqn off buffs and hots/shields, is much more valuable. also, it forces these healers to actually heal is some situations. a single shield on a priest is as good as the largest casted heal. remove that shield, and the healer has to stop and healing, making room for you to counter shot.