Metallica at blizzcon

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
So I saw some of it on youtube and it seems james cant remember the 1st verse of ride the lightning.... what a shame

getting old I guess
Well the concert was good.. I was in person there and im not a metallica fan. However i am a fan of the black album and think its one of the 10 best albums ever produced..

Not sure why they did not play a lot more songs from this album..

note** Even though they didn't play many known songs they were great and my favorite concert of the 4 blizzcons ive gone to.. Great job Blizz!!!
I'm a huge Metallica fan, wish I was there!
11/09/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Deatthgiver

note** Even though they didn't play many known songs they were great and my favorite concert of the 4 blizzcons ive gone to.. Great job Blizz!!!

This is not a bash on you so please don't take it that way. Didn't play many known songs?? All those songs are well known and BlizzCon got one hell of a setlist last night.
11/09/2014 10:23 AMPosted by Garbage
So I saw some of it on youtube and it seems james cant remember the 1st verse of ride the lightning.... what a shame

getting old I guess

Speaking as someone a couple of years older than James Hetfield, I don't think it's his age that's the problem.
Metallica very rarely play songs from the Black Album other than Enter Sandman. I have seen them 4 times and have never heard them play NoEM or The Unforgiven. I am guessing that James doesn't feel comfortable playing an acoustic guitar live.
I saw them in 92 with guns n roses. They played lots of the black album then. For obvious reasons.

getting old I guess

I just want to know where his hair and beard went. I do not like the new look.

11/09/2014 10:45 AMPosted by Vewtz
I saw them in 92 with guns n roses. They played lots of the black album then. For obvious reasons.

Woodstock '94- Master of Puppets backwards live.

That is all.

(Can't find a recording of this anywhere though ;(.)
11/09/2014 10:45 AMPosted by Vewtz

Gun's N' Metallica sept. 1992 in Cowboys Stadium :) And I should also mention Faith No More opened that show and that was perhaps one of the greatest line ups I've ever seen.

I watched the live ticket online and I thought Metallica played a pretty great set. The crowd looked like they were having a great time and out of the Blizzcons that I've watched that had to be the best concert by far. Also big props to ETC. They were awesome!

getting old I guess

Maybe he should download a copy of his videos so he can refresh his memory...
Lol James starting to get amnesia. That's a sure sign of old age.

I grew up listening to Metallica. They were huge when I was a kid.
Metallica was so good last night, they had me like.... http://imgur.com/risku
yea I was listening to it and I was like hey.. that doesn't belong there....
11/09/2014 10:39 AMPosted by Kåmron
I am guessing that James doesn't feel comfortable playing an acoustic guitar live.

Yet he did last night. Also, I've heard every song on the Black album live many times
Sometimes I forget my kids' names for a second... so... I'll forgive him forgetting a line.
I am not too huge of a Metallica fan. I liked them more when i was a bit younger but everyone has to put their hipster attitude towards them aside and admit they did play a pretty mint show and the crowd loved them. It was a good performance.
Saw the Virtual ticket and it was by far the best Post-Blizzcon concert yet. Finally someone learned how to run a mixing board for TV concerts. First year the sound , sounded mixed, leveled and not muddy. Other bands who have played ended up sounding via the tv mix like they were garage bands on reel to reel.

Fantastic concert. Well worth the 40 buck for the Metallica portion alone, but overall a great Blizzcon virtual ticket, with one major exception..

The voice actors panels not being broadcast. That for me was major major let down. At least they could have been recorded by blizz for you tube,

getting old I guess

He always changes or deviates from lyrics time to time if you watch Through the Never tour, he does it. Lotta bands like to lip sync because they get lazy or are just fake.
Nah no offense towards James he is still going strong. I personally think Lars is the reason the band is still what it is today though.