Prot paladin suggestion minus Word of Glory

Paladin
edited - Double post.

Some of us actually want to help people understand how and why things are great, and when properly use them. i agree with you guys its a shame that so many people make these forums look like trash with the constant whining and bickering
Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents. I just hit 80 on my first tank (2 days ago) and haven't raided yet. I love WoG... It's very helpful during the beginning of 5 mans while gauging whether heals has my back or not. Plus it has same initials as World of Goo!
although im ret, ill confirm, all heals are pretty much useless at 85. wog dont even move my hp bar much.
Im at 130k unbuffed and the highest crit ive seen on WoG was like 27k.....
The thing about Word of Glory, is it is basically all or nothing. To get the best returns on it your going to want to get all the associated talents, as well as the glyph.

Looking at -

Divinity
Eternal Glory
Guarded By Light
Rule of Law
Prime Glyph - Glyph of Word of Glory

It will in turn give you a very useful Word of Glory. I do tend to see roughly 40k Crits on myself with it, in heroics, as it seems Divinity double dips. Where I find it really shines though is throwing heals at your healer or even DPS if they are semi-low, as it keeps your healer from having to bomb them.

Between that, and using Holy Radiance effectively its not uncommon to see around 2000 HPS, probably something like 10~20% healing over all in a Heroic. Which will go a long way to easing the burden on your healer. Also makes you quite hard to kill if things go sideways.

The trade off being you lose some of your threat talents, however, I have yet to have a threat problem unless I forget Righteous Fury, like the boss I am. Crusader Strike is quite angry for single target threat, and even with DPS up in the 12k+ range, Crusader Strike and Judgments along with the odd Shield of Righteousness will hold threat with little trouble. Rule of Law is a saving grace here as well.

On a side note, Protector of the Innocent fairs quite poorly with this spec, so Rule of Law will prove greater returns.

Hope this helps anyone wondering about using Word of Glory.

Edit: Consistency
My druid and shaman love the fact that they can focus on the raid while I am taking little damage and wogging myself back up in health. Between Wog and cd weaving you can save your healer enough mana to make or break a fight.

The same is true for smart uses of Holy Radiance, you make think the ~15k it heals for is negligible, but it helps a lot. Especially when you have baddies that like to stand in fire.
This ability has been nerfed already for starters, and secondly as far as protection PVP goes without it we would be screwed due to the kiting ability that ranged classes have on us. Please Blizzard and fellow WoW Players, do not listen to this fool for he knows not what hes saying. Further more He is probably just saying this because his favorite class is not a Pally so IMO he is biased. PROT pally's deserve the right to roam around and be able to "protect"<----(operative word here) them selves. I mean really we do less DPS than any other Melee class; and against Shadow Priests we are weak to say the least. IMO every class has its downfall against another class. Please stop screwing with our TOON's and leave things the way they are it becomes such an annoyance constantly changing your SPEC and relearning your own TOON, just to have people complain and watch all your refining and research go down the tubes. I hear this same banter from every class about another class, so here is my suggestion to make it fair for all and no one will have to complain just give all TOON's a 20 minute bubble and a full health restore ability with a 10 sec CD and we will all be good no one will get beat up and as The Great Ozzy Osbourn says "No More Tears". hey Casavir QQ much?
I have a 80 pally also as someone mentioned earlier with a crit and avenging wrath I think it maybe a bit much. Either way I like the idea of it being that useful I just wish my Druid had something like that. Seems protect pallies have it good. I think some of the other tanks just want some love. Also people complaining don't nerf me bro it only heals for like 25k. Hey guess what that's like casting a healing touch. I would think it's a pretty big deal.
If you guys are complaining about WoG in its current state, how could you maintain yourself before it was nerfed? There is nothing wrong with it's current state, and its shield gives back the sacred shield feel that prot had before.
Are you honestly making a suggestion to change something that seems op at level 81?

Really? It's crap at 85.
My druid and shaman love the fact that they can focus on the raid while I am taking little damage and wogging myself back up in health. Between Wog and cd weaving you can save your healer enough mana to make or break a fight.

The same is true for smart uses of Holy Radiance, you make think the ~15k it heals for is negligible, but it helps a lot. Especially when you have baddies that like to stand in fire.

Yup. People have absolutely no idea how powerful WoG really is. It translates into a static buff that returns to the healer up to 3k mp5 (for me, anyways), before you even factor EG or crits.
Buff SOTR, and then we can talk about a WOG nerf.
Buff SOTR, and then we can talk about a WOG nerf.

Lol what?