Leatherworking (deeprock salt drops)

Professions
Okay usually i can find this in arathi highlands off the elementals in the (inner circle) but as of the last patch they drop none and i grinded for 1 hour with 0 dropped.

I checked badlands and the elementals at this location and 0 drop on these ones too.

what gives..... anyone confirm its still dropping on a paticular mob because i know you can only find this on a MOB.

thanks for any help in advance.
guess no one.....
Ive been all over the world killing anything earth related and i cant get even one to drop.
so far i have come up with nill natta zip zilch its like blizz just slaped leveling LW's in the face
None anywhere> Blizzard HELP!!
Molten Core maybe. I have stacks on my bank alt from somewhere, most likely MC.
Yup. You can solo Molten Core now as an 85 if you have the attunement. I get about a dozen Deeprock Salts per run. If you're in a hurry, the Earth Elemental boss Garr always drops at least 6 or 7.
I got some from Searing Gorge from the War Golems. It helps if you can mine them.
Deeprock salt drops in many of the mobs in Molten Core. Have your 80s do it, or ask someone who's running it to save em for you.
Dont have a LW yet that needs it, but I have seen it in Searing Gorge also.
I've still got 2 stacks in my bank that I haven't used up since Vanilla. Plus a stack of Refined Deeprock salt. I think I vendored my salt shaker.
Golems and Black Iron Dwarves.
Man, they don't make leatherworking easy to level. I had no clue you had to have an engineer make a salt shaker after you get that deeprock salt!
You don't need a single grain of deeprock salt, refined or otherwise to level. The only reason you would need it is if you want to make something for transmog and/or twinking.
04/26/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Shalura
You don't need a single grain of deeprock salt, refined or otherwise to level. The only reason you would need it is if you want to make something for transmog and/or twinking.

I got stuck somewhere on my druid and had to farm the deeprock salt. I can't remember why though.
Remind me where Molten Core is? And do I need a shaker?
As has been mentioned, Molten Core is a consistent place for Deeprock Salt drops *but* I find that Maraudon is also an equally acceptable place to find it, as well. I speak, of course, of the latter portion of the instance.
BRD is the best place in the game, followed by MC. Both are easily soloable by a lvl 90 character.