Enchanting: The Draenic Dust Problem

Professions
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
11/23/2014 09:41 AMPosted by Mansruin
Shardshattering one Luminous Shard into 10 Draenic Dust is the obvious solution.

Not sure how this got missed in the beta. Moreover, this should have been foreseen by any designer with an IQ in the high double-digits.

Get on it.

I just don't understand how it wasn't done by default... Shattering of enchanting mats has always been there.
Just got my alt who is an enchanter leveled up and ready to do some enchanting!

Ran into the no dust issue. Looked around for a way to shatter into dust. Found this thread instead.

I am sad now.

Blizz: I know you have a lot on your plate right now with tons of bugs to fix. But please consider bumping this one up the priority queue.
Right now I have 5 alts with the enchanter profession building to try and help feed me for my draenic dust just to keep my work orders going but that doesn't help much and will help even less once they are all leveled and no longer have a somewhat decent supply of quest greens to DE. Meanwhile I am drowning in shards. We need to either have a shatter or change the work orders to needing a shard instead of 5 dusts. The dusts can be kept in for the daily secrets cooldown, I can manage getting enough for that per day but to gather 30 a day to keep the work orders flowing just isn't happening unless you are willing to pay out a fortune on 20g+ per dust on the AH.
What's the point of a highly detailed garrison system when you can't get the simplest mats to do anything?
They need to make it 20-1 shard shatter. I don't feel like running dungeons everyday just to keep my head above water on my enchanter for the rest of the expansion. 20 dust is 1 day worth of orders which is 1 dungeon currently.

Also would like to add that they broke mining so bad that ore will be pennies in days /weeks. Only reason there was such a heavy need for ore was because of prospecting. With a mine on every character there is no real need for mining in the open. People use to prospect hundreds if not thousands daily/weekly just for the gems. Some use to convert the ore to greens for an enchanter. Man they broke the system with all these changes.

Please fix it REALLY soon. Dust is about 25g each and rising and greens are at 50 and rising. No other prof has to spend 500g a day to keep work orders going.
I really hate the new system. It really makes certain professions meaningless to have.
this is a serious problem
I made a post early on in this thread and it seems a lot of people are having the same issue.

I have found a little work around to keep me in stock or at the very least keep things ticking over without resorting to the AH. Besides random greens while doing stuff in Draenor I built myself a trading post in my garrison. You can buy 5 dust for 20 Garrison resources. Now this obviously isn't ideal but with the trading post you can also do work orders using one of the herbs for garrison resources. So essentially I'm getting 120 garrison resources/day from the trading post and using those to purchase 30 draenic dust.

Ideally I'd like to use those resources to level all my buildings a lot quicker in conjunction with the lumbermill and such, but tbh my garrison seems to be ticking along quite quickly regardless. So if you can spare the plot on an alt it's not a bad solution. Gimme shard shatter tho pls!
Please give enchanting a Shard shatter.
11/23/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Kazoul
I made a post early on in this thread and it seems a lot of people are having the same issue.

I have found a little work around to keep me in stock or at the very least keep things ticking over without resorting to the AH. Besides random greens while doing stuff in Draenor I built myself a trading post in my garrison. You can buy 5 dust for 20 Garrison resources. Now this obviously isn't ideal but with the trading post you can also do work orders using one of the herbs for garrison resources. So essentially I'm getting 120 garrison resources/day from the trading post and using those to purchase 30 draenic dust.

Ideally I'd like to use those resources to level all my buildings a lot quicker in conjunction with the lumbermill and such, but tbh my garrison seems to be ticking along quite quickly regardless. So if you can spare the plot on an alt it's not a bad solution. Gimme shard shatter tho pls!

Absolutely true, but garrison resources are much more valuable than gold at this point.
Honestly IMO I think the basic problem is they are treating enchanting like a crafting profession when it's technically a gathering profession.

Except in this case you are gathering drops and not nodes of herbs/ores.

To fix this they need to implement something on the level of draenic seeds that you get ALONGSIDE your normal item disenchanting materials. The amount should increase as the profession level does just like the other gathering professions. This should be used for the work orders which by all means should be converting to 1 of our required mat not 1/10th. This no matter what the item quality is you are ALWAYS getting mats for your work order just like the other GATHERING professions.

ENCHANTING <> CRAFTING PROF BLIZZ JEZZZZZZZZZ

If you couldn't tell from the nature of my post I'm also extremely upset that they have broken how the professions feed off of each other.
Tons of shards, no dust. Can't do work orders. Doesn't help barely any quests give items, and when they do it's like UPGARDE!!!! It's a blue!

I feel enchanters are being trolled with this work orders thing

Other professions can get the mats for their work orders easily
i agree with everything said. Im starved for mats and dunno what to do I cant afford the prices on the AH
With dust just over 30g each on my mains server, I do not know how I will afford to do my daily research and work orders :( wtb shard shatter please
I don't know why you people are complaining about the AH price of dust. I can vendor a green for 40 gold, or DE it for 1-2 dust. Why wouldn't AH prices be at/more than the price of simply vendoring the green?
I don't know why you people are complaining about the AH price of dust. I can vendor a green for 40 gold, or DE it for 1-2 dust. Why wouldn't AH prices be at/more than the price of simply vendoring the green?

I don't think you read any posts in this thread except the last few
11/23/2014 05:30 PMPosted by Saoirshe
I don't know why you people are complaining about the AH price of dust.

Then perhaps you should read the thread in its entirety.
Oh I read the thread. It just sounds like some people don't want to go out to the world and grind mobs for green drops. It's just laziness. 15 minutes of grinding can get you enough looted greens and gold to DE and buy dust for the daily work order. It is the same time commitment a logger invests for timber to run his mill work orders.
11/23/2014 05:51 PMPosted by Saoirshe
Oh I read the thread. It just sounds like some people don't want to go out to the world and grind mobs for green drops. It's just laziness. 15 minutes of grinding can get you enough looted greens and gold to DE and buy dust for the daily work order. It is the same time commitment a logger invests for timber to run his mill work orders.

I'm afraid you're wildly exaggerating the number of greens available via farming.

If you can provide information on a location which yields 33 draenic dust in 15 minutes of farming mobs, we are all ears. The reason people have gone to the AH for dust is that it's not available in abundant supply out in the world. I've checked a few servers and the average cost of buying the dust for a day's worth of work orders and the daily recipe CD is around 660g. Do you spend that on any of your professions in a day because the materials you need are simply not available otherwise?

Please stop insulting our intelligence and calling us lazy. I farm all my mats, and this is a legitimate concern.
Chiming in to reiterate this issue. For the time being I've replaced my Enchanting plot in my garrison with another building until this is fixed.

11/23/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Kazoul

God I hope this isn't Blizz's answer to this issue, using a medium plot while other professions have mats gifted through mines/herb garden.