Can the Horde garrison please be less crap?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
11/20/2014 12:09 AMPosted by Honeymoon
You shouldn't have picked a faction of sausages.

Says the hotdog.
I think the Alliance garrison is a little too spread out personally. Travelling to the various areas can take longer than I'd like. The buildings are nicer (not Draenei style, but ok for Alliance).
Horde garrison is garbage. I wouldn't have played horde if it weren't for my friends essentially forcing me to.

Frostfire is also the worst zone in the entire expansion. The other zones were pretty nice but Frostfire was essentially an ugly frozen ghetto with a bunch of primitive brutes fighting each other.
My Garrison would be the best there is if only I could have made it troll themed!

I'm your commander! I don't care if Warmaster Zog likes spikes, you'll build me tiki huts in this frozen wasteland and like it!
Is the horde one that bad compared to the alliance one?

I love the look and atmosphere of the alliance garrison but I barely even got to it on my horde

Is it that bad?
11/20/2014 12:50 AMPosted by Glìtterstorm
Is it that bad?

It really is that bad.
Well, Horde architecture was never that good to begin with. The horde don't care what buildings look like, they just want bones and horns sticking out of everything.

The sole reason I rolled Alliance so many years ago was because I enjoyed modern architecture.

Horde are uncivilized, what did you expect their garrison to look like?
11/20/2014 12:45 AMPosted by Veve
Horde garrison is garbage. I wouldn't have played horde if it weren't for my friends essentially forcing me to.

Frostfire is also the worst zone in the entire expansion. The other zones were pretty nice but Frostfire was essentially an ugly frozen ghetto with a bunch of primitive brutes fighting each other.

Yeah, well that's just like your opinion man.

Loved FFR.

Love the horde garrison.

It's not for everyone.
11/17/2014 08:44 PMPosted by Kronck
The more I see the Alliance garrison, the more annoyed I get with how lame the Horde one is. It's so much smaller and uglier. Not even just the buildings, but the zone it's in with it's environment just doesn't look good. Seems unfair for there to be such an enormous difference in quality between the two.

I am sick and tired of bones everywhere on every building. Every building look like it went under during cata. The alliance garrison. mmmm yes beautiful and pretty and sexy and relaxing.

The horde garrison....... cold as hell next to a pit of lava.
11/20/2014 12:58 AMPosted by Blakebone
The more I see the Alliance garrison, the more annoyed I get with how lame the Horde one is. It's so much smaller and uglier. Not even just the buildings, but the zone it's in with it's environment just doesn't look good. Seems unfair for there to be such an enormous difference in quality between the two.

I am sick and tired of bones everywhere on every building. Every building look like it went under during cata. The alliance garrison. mmmm yes beautiful and pretty and sexy and relaxing.

It's... the Horde.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahem, sorry

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Maybe the price to pay for getting a free 100k chopper...
11/20/2014 01:00 AMPosted by Cloudzen
11/20/2014 12:58 AMPosted by Blakebone

It's... the Horde.

Im a pretty blood elf do I look like I deserve to freeze my bum in a town made of bones ? No I should have blood elf buildings with succubus handing out free drinks and beds made of silk.
It's perfect irony, really. In BlizzCon, the Horde roars the loudest when called by name. Yet they treat you all like garbage with the Horde Garrison.
Now if you excuse me, I must enjoy not freezing to death in SMV. :)
I wish I was Alliance...
Hate the Horde garrison.

Too bad my stupid guild is Horde as well as everyone I know ~_~
Horde is ugly. Alliance is pretty. Should have let the Blood Elves build yours :P
11/20/2014 01:05 AMPosted by Parallaxz
Mud huts, barren ground, gloomy sun deprived herb garden. and fish hut.

nothing about the horde garrison makes me feel excited about having to spend my time in it.

Alliance garrison, sunny, grass on the ground nice stone buildings, makes you want to be there.

You know that place where the fisher and herbalist is, has a roof of stone.

I just noticed that today. I saw 2 large columns of stone which look like legs and the "roof" looks like the underbelly of a giant beast.

It's kinda cool, imo.
I really feel the garrisons should not only reflect your faction, but your race as well. I'm the commander and I demand couldrons of churning green stuff, random body parts litering the barracks, heads on pikes, and burning bodies.

I don't feel at home without apothecarys bickering over botched experiments and caged humans pleading for release.

My garrison does not reflect my characters race at all. Why would my undead Deathknight, or undead warlock accept gazlowe's copy/paste of orgrimmar's theme? Lastly, I don't need a place to keep warm. I'm dead, all you other air breathing meat sacks can freeze to death. Well, I do want my followers to live, they at least do what I tell them to.

All joking aside, please let me customize my garrison, even just a little bit. As an undead commander of horde forces, it's not very cool to know that all other commanders of the horde have exactly the same garrison layout and theme as mine does.
Overall I love the horde garrison but I agree that it is lacking in comparison to the Alliance. I would kill for a town hall with all those seats for my guild to meet up. The alliance garrison looks like a place you and your friends would want to meet up and call home. The horde has nothing in it to make me feel like my character would live or stay there. Give us a "commander's room" in the great hall and give us a huge dining area with lots of seats like the alliance have but horde style. Maybe a huge round iron table with stools or something. better yet give us racial buildings!