Draenic Dust far too rare, hard to farm.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
11/22/2014 12:06 AMPosted by Gilikoth
Umm I don't even have the study and I have more dust than I know what to do with. Are you guys questing maybe get the salvage yard..

The only thing these guys are getting is that they want something, as much of it as they could possibly want, right now. It has never been that way.
11/20/2014 03:56 PMPosted by Darkestdion
Sometimes I been wondering, why we got the option to make a Luminous Shard for 20 dust.

The Blizz staff in charge of professions is smoking crack.
11/21/2014 11:43 PMPosted by Serelythia
11/21/2014 11:35 PMPosted by Soultap
You know it's an issue where the blue complete shards are 10g but the dust is 15-25g each

This happens with every expansion release. The greens are dropping, but they are being used by players and other enchanters, or now people with the enchanting building. You need the lesser stuff, and lots of it, to skill up and for lesser enchants before moving on to the big stuff.

There is nothing newsworthy or shocking about this.

You retard, everyone has a ton of shards, a ton of ore, a ton of sumptuous fur, a ton of leather, a ton of lumber, a ton of this a ton of that for all their work orders. No dust for enchanting. Get it. The greens do not drop or there wouldn't be a problem.
Holy LOL. The Proffs are designed to take a lot of time. Everything is designed to take a lot of time in order to offset the high prices in the first few weeks followed by an immediate crash in value.

When you are done questing get your Garrison to Level 3 and get a Salvage Yard. That will provide you with more greens than you know what to do with.

A couple alts with a Study and a Salvage Yard and you will be swimming Dust.
11/22/2014 12:32 AMPosted by Amandarah
11/21/2014 11:43 PMPosted by Serelythia

This happens with every expansion release. The greens are dropping, but they are being used by players and other enchanters, or now people with the enchanting building. You need the lesser stuff, and lots of it, to skill up and for lesser enchants before moving on to the big stuff.

There is nothing newsworthy or shocking about this.

You retard, everyone has a ton of shards, a ton of ore, a ton of sumptuous fur, a ton of leather, a ton of lumber, a ton of this a ton of that for all their work orders. No dust for enchanting. Get it. The greens do not drop or there wouldn't be a problem.

The greens are dropping my dear Professor.

They are being vendored, banked, sitting in bags for inspection later, being equipped, or they are being disenchanted. This happens every single expansion. The entry level dusts can never be found flowing freely at the start of an expansion. Similarly you, as I think it was you who stated this elsewhere, just can't find enough of certain other items like hexweave which are used in introductory crafting as well.

People are reporting different things on different realms, but the bottomline is that we are only at the start of an expansion. What you see today is not even indicative of what you'll see tomorrow.
There seems to be an imbalance of mats.

True Iron and Blackrock Ores are breaking AH and bank vaults everywhere. Whereas Draenic Dust is arguably rarer than Luminous Shard.
11/22/2014 12:50 AMPosted by Goldbrand

True Iron and Blackrock Ores are breaking AH and bank vaults everywhere. Whereas Draenic Dust is arguably rarer than Luminous Shard.

Yeah... because we are at the start of a new expansion. Nothing new, absolutely nothing new at all, is transpiring here.
11/22/2014 12:55 AMPosted by Serelythia

Yeah... because we are at the start of a new expansion. Nothing new, absolutely nothing new at all, is transpiring here.

They should add another Work Order that takes Luminous Shards, because that is more farmable in dungeons.
Quantity available on the AH is dropping and prices are rising.

https://theunderminejournal.com/#saurfang/item/109693

Scroll down to see the regional summary.
11/22/2014 12:55 AMPosted by Serelythia

Nothing new apart from the fact that all green quest rewards may to upgrade to rare or epic and that tailoring, leatherworking, and blacksmithing are not pumping out the greens to level their skill as would normally happen.

Nothing new (clip)

Nothing new. As more people run dungeons, which was the main source of green crap anyway, and get stuff they don't need you will see more dusts.
11/22/2014 02:13 AMPosted by Serelythia

Nothing new (clip)

Nothing new. As more people run dungeons, which was the main source of green crap anyway, and get stuff they don't need you will see more dusts.

The problem is that the boe greens arent dropping nearly as fast as they used to. I can farm heroics all day with my guild, and only a handful drop. Greens have never been this rare, because the drop rates were greater, green rewards didnt occasionally upgrade to rare and epic, and armor professions could make green gear easily.

I distinctly remember MoP and Cata launches were swimming in BoE greens drops. The dust was only rare then ebcause all us enchanters were leveling. Now, you have both enchanters are leveling AND greens are much rarer.
I haven't even touched my Enchanting Study work orders for almost a week. I made one crystal to enchant my new weapon with, and squirreled the rest of my dust into the vault.

Would LOVE the ability to break rare shards into dust again, or at least for them to explain why they designed dust to be so hard to come by.
I agree with the shard shatter. It is needed.
blizz just need a shard shatter, 1 shard = 5 dusts. I have over 200 shards and 0 dusts.... :(
Slightly offtopic but I'm still annoyed that they put in the enchanting building that allows DEing; I spent a lot of money leveling up enchanting with the intention that it returns the payout of being able to DE items to sell the mats with. Why should someone who can't be bothered leveling that proffesion get the same benefit?
11/18/2014 09:06 PMPosted by Holyhelmut
I am an enchanter, with the enchanting building. Between work orders, daily profession recipes, and a few self served enchants on gear i hit the bottom of my barrel of dust.

Now I have work orders that need to be filled, a daily that needs done before reset, and no greens in sight! Not even from dungeons, where all the greens be?!

On low level mobs. Sometimes mobs that you can one shot as a 100. I've seen tons of the damned things. It helps that I'm levelling 5 different characters in parallel and filtering along the drops they get to my enchanter.
Yep, I don't even bother with work order anymore. Luminous Shards are 9G on my server while Draenic Dust are 35G, what's up with that?
Definite problem here