Newly Boosted Characters in Tanaan Jungle

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
If you’ve recently boosted a new level 90 character for Warlords of Draenor, you will start within the blasted lands with a limited number of spells at your disposal. Once you go through the Dark Portal and as you progress through Tanaan Jungle, more spells and abilities will be unlocked. Once you’ve completed Tanaan Jungle, you should have most of your spells and abilities (for level 90) available to you. The remaining will be unlocked shortly after the beginning quests in Frostfire Ridge (for Horde) or Shadowmoon Valley (for Alliance). This system has been designed to help players who have newly boosted to ease into their new character.

If you’re a veteran player and are absolutely sure that you want to skip this progression of spells and abilities, you can either swap specs or queue for an instance. This will unlock the remaining spells and abilities for you.
This is really hopeful information. Could you please go retrieve my character list now?
Something you forgot to mention is that if you boost an existing character with experience disabled, you will be unable to turn your experience back on.
I've just been telling everyone to reset their talents. Is there going to be a popup implemented at some point to allow players to simply click yes or no if they would like to "ease into their new character"?
I boosted a character and now the loading screen freezes.
11/13/2014 01:17 PMPosted by Plzmilkme
I've just been telling everyone to reset their talents. Is there going to be a popup implemented at some point to allow players to simply click yes or no if they would like to "ease into their new character"?

No plans that I'm aware of.
Any chance to have this opened up to players who boosted toons previously and still have no idea how to play their class/spec? Or just need a refresher
I did this for a shaman & can say due to the constant respawns the difficulty level is pretty bad. You'll be swamped with 2-3 mobs (while you're sporting green boosted gear) on you before you can even eat to replace lost health. Respawns need to be tuned down in certain areas a bit imo.
Why does anyone need to "ease into their characters" when all the rotations are face roll easy after the big ability prune. At least you can que for a dungeon or bg and get it all unlocked at once.
Good to know. I did the Blasted Lands boosted quests twice and they were a pain without my abilities.
11/13/2014 01:05 PMPosted by Nethaera
If you’re a veteran player and are absolutely sure that you want to skip this progression of spells and abilities, you can either swap specs or queue for an instance. This will unlock the remaining spells and abilities for you.

BS. Swapped specs on my priest last night and it didn't unlock my spells. Didn't know about dungeons. Didn't try. That's also obnoxious because it takes time to set your bars up and no one wants to wait for their healer to set up his bars.
Lol i think this is posted because as of now if u didnt know that, getting your abilities would be impossible... it would require you to complete some unpassable quests que to latency.

BLIZZ I WANT A GAMETIME REFUND
Is it upon entering the dungeon or just when you que? It would be annoying to try and figure out where you want all of your spells when you enter the dungeon and it would make it easier if you just had to que.
I think it should be more clear that going through the dark portal is part of the tutorial process. Considering the use of the portal for going to WoD land - I assumed I'd be getting dropped into the starting xPac area.

You start off VERY handicapped with no talents and limited skills, especially if you're silly enough to choose a healing spec. Gear 'level' may be 483, but it feels far from it.