Population caps are back up to their normal

General Discussion
-So sayeth Bashiok, but there's no way that's true. I played at wrath launch (the most popular the game's ever been, with millions more subs than currently) and never had a 5000+ person queue for my server, yet there's still a 5k+ queue right now. He's lying.
is the Cross Realm !@#$, it %^-*ed the game, they somehow never planned on what would happen if people actually rejoined in bulk.

basically the combined servers have a max limit, and its not too much higher than a single server's limit.

you can see how this is a huge mother!@#$ing problem.
I remember Earthen Ring was having queues around 700-800 people back in the peak of Wrath, and they opened up free transfers off the server.

Today we are seeing queues in the thousands and they are doing nothing. This whole episode is just pathetic and there is no excuse for a company with this much experience and resources.
I miss those 700-peep queues that only took 30 mins or so. I watched two movies in the queue for mal'g and still had 2000 people to go.
11/15/2014 09:02 PMPosted by Pathogen
-So sayeth Bashiok, but there's no way that's true. I played at wrath launch (the most popular the game's ever been, with millions more subs than currently) and never had a 5000+ person queue for my server, yet there's still a 5k+ queue right now. He's lying.

I don't know where you guys are getting the current subscriber numbers, but it's beside the point which is that the number of subscribers is going to be different than the number of people necessarily logging in (Edit: at a single point in time). Even the distribution of the subscribers across servers will be different, so your experience and population pool will be different.
I'll log off my character for you. Should be at 1999 now. How you get in by christmas. GL
NO they arent at least on my server. If they were i could get on.