The truth and why I am upset.

General Discussion
I love this game. At no point in an expansion is it so exciting to play, there is something about being a part of something where every player you know or have ever met are doing the exact same thing.

And I guess we still are, we are just looking at a loading screen together.

I am upset about one thing. On Beta we complained about all of the issues we are having now for months. Not only did it not get fixed, it was happening the day they closed beta- Still. So, they KNEW this was going to happen. They had a release date to meet, and that is all it is about.

It bothers me because if they could not fix it on a limited pop server that is beta, that they can reboot and patch anytime they want (and they did sometimes several times a day), what did they expect on launch? ALL of us beta tester knew this was coming but hoped they had something up their proverbial sleeve. - But No.- THIS IS BETA. This is just like beta, and again, they did not fix it for months on beta.

This is not their first expansion, I could be wrong, but this was not my first beta, nor my first launch, this one just seems a bit messy.

I will be very surprised if this issue is resolved anytime soon. - But Blizzard is full of surprises.
11/13/2014 02:38 PMPosted by Toontang
I love this game. At no point in an expansion is it so exciting to play, there is something about being a part of something where every player you know or have ever met are doing the exact same thing.

And I guess we still are, we are just looking at a loading screen together.

I am upset about one thing. On Beta we complained about all of the issues we are having now for months. Not only did it not get fixed, it was happening the day they closed beta- Still. So, they KNEW this was going to happen. They had a release date to meet, and that is all it is about.

It bothers me because if they could not fix it on a limited pop server that is beta, that they can reboot and patch anytime they want (and they did sometimes several times a day), what did they expect on launch? ALL of us beta tester knew this was coming but hoped they had something up their proverbial sleeve. - But No.- THIS IS BETA. This is just like beta, and again, they did not fix it for months on beta.

This is not their first expansion, I could be wrong, but this was not my first beta, nor my first launch, this one just seems a bit messy.

I will be very surprised if this issue is resolved anytime soon. - But Blizzard is full of surprises.

I remember Cataclysm being so much better of a launch than this... and that's kinda sad actually.
This is not their first expansion,

You are so right. You would think people would move off high pop servers for free when they have the chance to instead of hoping someone else moves instead.
11/13/2014 02:43 PMPosted by Solaru
This is not their first expansion,

You are so right. You would think people would move off high pop servers for free when they have the chance to instead of hoping someone else moves instead.
Because that totally helps when Blizzard lowers the amount of people allowed on ANY server, thus increasing the queues for ANY server. Yup, totally the player's fault here, 100%.

Don't take that the wrong way, though. I'm just as frustrated as anyone else, but I know for a fact that Blizzard people are even more frustrated because they WANT this to work as soon as possible and as smoothly as possible. I know they're trying, but that doesn't make it the players' fault - even a little bit.
11/13/2014 02:51 PMPosted by Alera
Because that totally helps when Blizzard lowers the amount of people allowed on ANY server, thus increasing the queues for ANY server.

No queue, lag, or DCs on any server I played on today. In fact, the worst thing was getting kicked to the character screen once. I learned many moons before WoW was even thought about...medium pop servers are the only server choice there is.