Demo Warlock, silver proving grounds be done?

Warlock
Prev 1 3 4 5 12 Next
I did it as Demo right on the ilevel 600 mark.

The first class I got to level 100 was a frost DK and I just facerolled through silver and gold. It wasn't challenging at all. But as a warlock? I had to tinker with my spec some. First time I did it? I failed when the first healer pack showed up. I was running Demon Bolt was my level 100 talent and !@#$ed up on CC'ing the healer. (I also had my Wrathguard out, but that's neither here nor there.)

After a few times and tinkering with my spec. (Trying the Terrorguard, only to run into AoE issues and whatnot) I eventually realized I'd need to tweak my playstyle for each wave. The healers can't spam their heals and sic'ing my Wrathguard on a middle-health add while I worked others down helped a bit. Then I'd shift my attention to the healer and Demon Bolt its face off.

All in all? It's not that hard. (Nowhere near Kanrethad level, anyway.)
Spend hours, can't get through Silver either. I am running iLvl648...don't think that matters. I am back from a couple years away from WoW, so frustrated, thinking might be time to quit again.
Naw, just keep trying and think healer. You have to stun, interrupt them when they try to heal. Don't let them get off anything, that has to be your problem.
Cataclysm (or DemonBolt) + ShadowFury + Felguard (felguard doesnt' interupt but can stun).

The only real problem is the low amount of fury we start with.

Also wave 10 is easier than some other, so pop some cds early like wave 7.

If you do go Cata, you can almost pop it everywave.

You may not want to switch spec but you should always retalent + reglyph for different fights.
Well.. I am content blocked..

Silver is impossible for a warlock unless they have leet skills....

so maybe quitting time is here again..
I mucked up the first couple tries, too.

Then I realized, I had gotten so used to brute forcing things when OP, I needed to remember how to not suck at using every advantage.

Nailed it next pass, killed the last two groups with over 10 seconds to spare in each.

Gear was about 610-611.

It most definitely is mechanics holding you back, not DPS. I was about 8k overall after the silver was done.
11/19/2014 04:16 PMPosted by Zanther
Please never que for heroics or lfr

Ever

I'm dead serious. Dont ever do it.

FYI, they scale to your ilvl.

hey , its not like that LFR you can sleep and it will complete it self....its like super ultra easy.
11/19/2014 09:33 AMPosted by Howlingmaddy
So my lock is ilvl609, I have played my lock for years. I just finding I can not do enough dps to do the silver proving mobs. So should I just grind normal to get to ilvl615, or wait and craft the ilvl640 gear. Just really disappointed with my lock class. I have ran the proving grounds 20 times, looked at guides you name it. Highest wave I have completed was 7.

It's pretty tight when I did it as destro, and thats min/max trinket procs and such like a proper dps would do.
It's just a basic knowledge check, to see if you can play right. But it's also a simple 'dont move more than ABSOLUTELY needed'

Just make sure you shadowflame in metamorph, take cataclysm for easier management ( save fury for the waves you have cata up to use, so you can burst the next set down)

that is probably 1 of the biggest things you can do to help yourself ^.

Also, make sure the amber blobs hit other npc's and not follow you around. they do help amazzzzzzzzzinglyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Honestly, doomguard is amazingly sick dps. If I could have 2 terroarguard's up as destro, I probably wouldnt need to cast a spell.

try the DSERV in demo just for PG and see if it helps. he does do an OP amount of damage in destro....
12/06/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Divinefear
Baloney. My lock is Destruction gear level 623 and I can't get through the Silver Proving Grounds. I hate these timed sequences. Blizzard sure isn't thinking about it's senior players that don't have the quick reflexes we once had.

Really is annoying I cannot open up Heroics to do the Legendary Quests or get into LRF. Thanks a bunch Blizzard for making the game more frustrating than it needs to be for your senior players.

Thank god I am not the only one, it's ok for all the people who are saying this is easy but not all of us are from the Play Station/X Box generation and have the reflexes any more to do this and I am p****ed off I have to do this to run heroics, I can DPS in the top 3rd everytime I run a dungeon or raid but having to 'prove' myself now is a joke.
11/19/2014 01:18 PMPosted by Bhuta
Can't wait to try this as affliction. With our garbage aoe's, it ought to be entertaining.

Still easy as affliction, multidot and focus, then you're golden

12/14/2014 12:09 PMPosted by Montalcino
12/06/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Divinefear
Baloney. My lock is Destruction gear level 623 and I can't get through the Silver Proving Grounds. I hate these timed sequences. Blizzard sure isn't thinking about it's senior players that don't have the quick reflexes we once had.

Really is annoying I cannot open up Heroics to do the Legendary Quests or get into LRF. Thanks a bunch Blizzard for making the game more frustrating than it needs to be for your senior players.

Thank god I am not the only one, it's ok for all the people who are saying this is easy but not all of us are from the Play Station/X Box generation and have the reflexes any more to do this and I am p****ed off I have to do this to run heroics, I can DPS in the top 3rd everytime I run a dungeon or raid but having to 'prove' myself now is a joke.

Fear the healer, then your bad reflexes won't matter
I love how some are calling this a joke for Destruction warlocks as I am consistently failing on the first wave involving a healer. I cleared it ONCE then failed on the next wave, and when I tried using Shadowfury to interrupt the cast it seemed like it didn't work, and I would try Fear but it feels like if I take the time to cast anything but damage then I run the clock down

Honestly i'm about to the point of giving up and just saying that if they wanted to keep us "filthy casuals" out of heroics then they freakin succeeded!
having a hard time with this one, this is lame
I switched to demo after the Affliction lost all debuffs and became the ShadowMage.

I am awful at demo. My dps is horribly inconsistent. I can't seem to time Meta.

However, I just passed Silver Proving Grounds (with 2 seconds left) but my gear lvl is over 615 (just). Now I'm ready to be kicked from heroics, yeah!

I don't know how you get through Silver without Shadowfury and Axe Toss.

Round 6:
I burn't down Mystic; stunning with axe toss and shadow fury and then mopped up bunnies.

Round 7:
Killed Mystic (and steered amber goo into Mystic), then Amber-Weaver, then Guardian (wrathstorm).

Round 8:
Steered amber goo into Mystic, dropped one Amber-Weaver, stunned Mystic, Steered more amber goo into Mystic, killed Amber-weaver, Mystic, and then Slayer.

I hope this helps.

Removing debuffs from casters. Next the DM will tell us is that we can't cast a light spell on an ogre's nose.
I did it the moment i dinged, however it was extremely tough and i failed once, demo is just bad at these things. all i can say is save your fury for the harder rounds
12/18/2014 11:55 AMPosted by Kurisuto
I love how some are calling this a joke for Destruction warlocks as I am consistently failing on the first wave involving a healer.

First Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9is7U6zvnEE

12/21/2014 10:56 AMPosted by Wiezal
having a hard time with this one, this is lame

And then you and him/her can watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxjPibiGPuc
I did silver as like 585 ilvl and affliction. Servitude + abyssal for the AOE and shadowfury/fear to stun the healer. Should be just as easy or easier as demo.
Did it as demo a couple of weeks ago in pvp blues and questing greens. It can be done.
Hi all,

I'm old, I suck, and I failed 4 times and wanted to ragequit.

But I did it on the 5th try. Here are just a few tips that maybe could help someone:

1. I tried Demo, failed hard. Sure others say it works, and I'm sure they're right, but I had more luck with Destro.
2. Learn the spawns. Knowing what's going to happen the second before it happens helps a ton. Pre-casting RoF or Cataclysm RIGHT before the fight began, in just the right spot, was crucial.
3. The healers sucks. As a soloer, I didn't have ANY experience using the Observer. He's key to silencing the healers. Also, I dumped Mortal Coil for Shadowfury and I think that helped a bit.
4. Buff up. Use the Proving Grounds food. Use a Whispering Crystal.
5. Use Dark Soul liberally.
6. Use Kil'jaeden's Cunning when the amber comes at you.

Again, I'm not saying like the l33tards here that this is easy, but if *I* can do it, anyone can do it. I just takes adjustments.

GL!
Hoylegu.

Again, I'm not saying like the l33tards here that this is easy, but if *I* can do it, anyone can do it. I just takes adjustments..

Sorry it doesn't take a "l33tard" to think this is easy. You just have to not suck.

AOE as affliction:
Servitude + Abyssal
SB:SOC

AOE as Destro:
Servitude + Abyssal
Rain of Fire
Fire and Brimstone + Immolate

AOE as Demo:
Felguard's Felstorm
Hand of guldan
Hellfire/Immolation Aura

Then Shadowfury + Fear is more than enough to keep the healers locked down and get no heals off. And for the amber orbs simply stand behind another enemy so it hits them instead. Make amber orbs hit the healers for super easy mode.
12/22/2014 05:19 PMPosted by Hoylegu
Hi all,

I'm old, I suck, and I failed 4 times and wanted to ragequit.

But I did it on the 5th try. Here are just a few tips that maybe could help someone:

1. I tried Demo, failed hard. Sure others say it works, and I'm sure they're right, but I had more luck with Destro.
2. Learn the spawns. Knowing what's going to happen the second before it happens helps a ton. Pre-casting RoF or Cataclysm RIGHT before the fight began, in just the right spot, was crucial.
3. The healers sucks. As a soloer, I didn't have ANY experience using the Observer. He's key to silencing the healers. Also, I dumped Mortal Coil for Shadowfury and I think that helped a bit.
4. Buff up. Use the Proving Grounds food. Use a Whispering Crystal.
5. Use Dark Soul liberally.
6. Use Kil'jaeden's Cunning when the amber comes at you.

Again, I'm not saying like the l33tards here that this is easy, but if *I* can do it, anyone can do it. I just takes adjustments.

GL!
Hoylegu.

I've heard about some 84 year old woman running a high end raiding guild. If this lady can do that, then anyone can do this. It just goes to show it takes time and planning, not a number or your age or how good/bad you are. It's easily doable because unless you have a mental illness that prevents the correct functioning of your motor skills where you cannot play, then anyone is perfectly capable of doing this.

Also I really would like to know if you played on Hoyle Sierra a long time ago? If you know what im talking about then holy !@#$ batman