FERAL - is this a joke?

Druid
Jairi, I think you are right for pve but in pvp feral has always been able to out dps burst a rogue or at least be equal.. I could almost 1 shot rogues in vanilla with my full field marshal set and I also could kill a rogue at 2500 in arena before his healer could even cast a single heal..
Honestly I think heart of the wild is a little op.. Maybe half the healing but reduce the cool down..
11/18/2014 07:15 PMPosted by Fõx
The trick is, you stun him, wait till he trinket it again, you and your partner both stun, and he's dead.

or you just go double boomy against it and bash bash beam beam dead
11/18/2014 07:35 PMPosted by Everlancelol
Jairi, I think you are right for pve but in pvp feral has always been able to out dps burst a rogue or at least be equal.. I could almost 1 shot rogues in vanilla with my full field marshal set and I also could kill a rogue at 2500 in arena before his healer could even cast a single heal..

In Vanilla there was no arena.
11/18/2014 06:28 AMPosted by Valrath
the feral tanked my damage even without hots,bashing me into full clone the stun faded,stampeding with 5x my speed into a pillar to restealth

Someone correct me here, but I can't find Bash in our spellbook for Feral. Or Guardian, for that matter... Am I just blind? (Distinctly possible)
11/18/2014 08:51 PMPosted by Taswind
the feral tanked my damage even without hots,bashing me into full clone the stun faded,stampeding with 5x my speed into a pillar to restealth

Someone correct me here, but I can't find Bash in our spellbook for Feral. Or Guardian, for that matter... Am I just blind? (Distinctly possible)

Mighty Bash... lv75 talent
11/18/2014 08:54 PMPosted by Imokodanmaku
11/18/2014 08:51 PMPosted by Taswind

Mighty Bash... lv75 talent

Yep. Just blind.
Thanks!
11/18/2014 01:07 AMPosted by Valrath
no,actually dks always did pretty good against ferals. the problem is not a particular feral,my server doesnt have much of them,but their overall new imortal style.

Ya it's BC all over again, I was on my prot warrior yesterday and my wife is and elemental shamy. This feral attacked my wife to gank her, I did everything I could to stun him, lock him down etc and he still killed my wife (killed her twice actually), and he almost got me, but I was just barely able to stun him and leap out and run away in time before he killed me. That fight probably lasted 4 or 5 min. But his heals were to just to strong.
11/18/2014 07:47 AMPosted by Hibernator
Ferals aren't OP. Feral players are leet.

Over the past X years we've become accustomed to the handicap that comes with being a hybrid. Never as good as the pure classes, and (I think it is widely agreed) feral was one of the most complicated specs in the game. Requiring precision snapshotting, simultaneous resource management (we have mana, rage, energy, combo points, and up to six bleeds to manage). While we're doing all that, ferals also have to kite like a mofo to stay alive. All of this with a .8 sec GCD. You have to be quick and clever to do all this well.

A bad feral usually would quit and reroll some easier class (e.g. arms warrior). The players who toughed it out are the ones who went to the trouble to redo their keybinds three times, tweak their auras to the hilt, and write a thousand lines of macro code. Ferals are just very committed players.

Then came WoD. They stripped out almost all of our utility. In return, they buffed our primary damage. The hybrid tax is now gone. So now we have great players with a great class too. For the time being anyway, you're left with a bunch of uber leet WoW players who are so used to playing with one hand tied, they demolish you with two.

Ferals don't need a nerf, this is a L2PLWD issue.

this post cursed the life of my first-born child. you cannot be serious
11/18/2014 10:47 PMPosted by Desiration
11/18/2014 07:47 AMPosted by Hibernator
Ferals aren't OP. Feral players are leet.

Over the past X years we've become accustomed to the handicap that comes with being a hybrid. Never as good as the pure classes, and (I think it is widely agreed) feral was one of the most complicated specs in the game. Requiring precision snapshotting, simultaneous resource management (we have mana, rage, energy, combo points, and up to six bleeds to manage). While we're doing all that, ferals also have to kite like a mofo to stay alive. All of this with a .8 sec GCD. You have to be quick and clever to do all this well.

A bad feral usually would quit and reroll some easier class (e.g. arms warrior). The players who toughed it out are the ones who went to the trouble to redo their keybinds three times, tweak their auras to the hilt, and write a thousand lines of macro code. Ferals are just very committed players.

Then came WoD. They stripped out almost all of our utility. In return, they buffed our primary damage. The hybrid tax is now gone. So now we have great players with a great class too. For the time being anyway, you're left with a bunch of uber leet WoW players who are so used to playing with one hand tied, they demolish you with two.

Ferals don't need a nerf, this is a L2PLWD issue.

The reason you find this is annoying is that you know there is a grain of truth to it.
11/19/2014 08:06 AMPosted by Hibernator
11/18/2014 10:47 PMPosted by Desiration

The reason you find this is annoying is that you know there is a grain of truth to it.

QFTx100. I've gone as far as scripting my own addons to help me play my Feral Druid better.
The trick is to /rofl and kill something you idiot.
Outplaying someone as feral in WoTLK was so rewarding. Then in Cataclysm, you just played lame, los'd with bleeds, and could take down most things. It was an easy transition of play style coming from a competitive aff lock. In MoP, not much changed from that play style.

In WoD, the play style changed a lot. So far, if you've played a lot of other classes, it's sort of like going from being some aff lock, furry go-kart to an enh shaman-esque type wotlk play where you kite around with maelstrom instant heals, and hope rng loves you when your cds are up and you can crit something to death.

And I do think Heart of the Wild is too strong in every sense. It lasts 45 seconds which is just insane for any arena environment. It reminds me of the old enh/bm/hpal beast cleave in season 5-6 where you just pop heroism(heart) and blow all your cooldowns to try and burst someone down. I expect they'll likely nerf Heart further in arenas. The duration is what makes it OP.

As you can tell, I didn't read much of this thread, and I don't know why I'm rambling. I hope I contributed nothing and you feel uneasy making this far. There's a snake in your toilet.
11/18/2014 01:51 AMPosted by Dystas
Defensively, Feral has almost nothing but heals, that why the heals are strong.

Looking at ferals spells and talents, blizz wants ferals to have strong healing and be weak against stuns.

This.

A stunned kitty is a dead kitty.
I'm not the best feral in the world, but as a DK you should be able to wipe the floor with them. The only thing we have right now against DK's are pillars and HOTW spam rejuv while our bleeds tic.
ferals did die in a stun,as did balance druids. it used to be so,pretending it is still like that is not honest,the feral tanked my damage even without hots,bashing me into full clone the stun faded,stampeding with 5x my speed into a pillar to restealth....thats far away from being balanced

so you are upset that one feral knew to use his only defensive CD before being stunned to avoid dying in a stun? Man you have got to be joking... Your dps needs to learn to peal more while you purge the Feral... But anyway Resto Shaman are in a bad place now so I think your class needs brought up not ferals brought down... Honestly outside of burst comps... Ferals are very very squishy and have to kite to live.
12/26/2014 09:46 AMPosted by Hotter
Outplaying someone as feral in WoTLK was so rewarding. Then in Cataclysm, you just played lame, los'd with bleeds, and could take down most things. It was an easy transition of play style coming from a competitive aff lock. In MoP, not much changed from that play style.

In WoD, the play style changed a lot. So far, if you've played a lot of other classes, it's sort of like going from being some aff lock, furry go-kart to an enh shaman-esque type wotlk play where you kite around with maelstrom instant heals, and hope rng loves you when your cds are up and you can crit something to death.

And I do think Heart of the Wild is too strong in every sense. It lasts 45 seconds which is just insane for any arena environment. It reminds me of the old enh/bm/hpal beast cleave in season 5-6 where you just pop heroism(heart) and blow all your cooldowns to try and burst someone down. I expect they'll likely nerf Heart further in arenas. The duration is what makes it OP.

As you can tell, I didn't read much of this thread, and I don't know why I'm rambling. I hope I contributed nothing and you feel uneasy making this far. There's a snake in your toilet.

Any good Feral in a burst comp isnt running heart anymore.... Just saying... Heart is hardly useful anymore because it already got nerfed... people just fail to see that...

Also... side note... feral healing.... 5k rejuv tick crit with 40k crit Heals....

Pally healing.... 120k Crit heals with passive 1% life per 2 seconds not to mention heals off insight as well as WoG heals 20-50k and divine storm 5-10k heals that can proc off any spender.... oh and they have defensives and mobility and don't die in a 6 second stun... And somehow feral is the superior class I guess...
This thread is full of so much fail, there are so many idiots here ... where to begin.

First and foremost ...
11/18/2014 12:47 AMPosted by Valrath
i guess i dont need to explain why i made this thread,right?
The OP that says ferals are immortal. Are you serious right now? Your a F'ing DK ... want to know what the only dps class in the game that can heal for more than a feral is? DK ... want to know what the only class left in the game that can sit in there defensive stance and still do really decent dps is? DK! What class has magic immunity, stun immunity, and 2x trinkets ... oh wait, thats a DK. Its kinda sad that a Live Lord DK has the nerv to call a glass cannon like feral immortal. We die in stuns all the time ... you know, stuns ... the thing that you are immune to half the game.

11/18/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Everlancelol
Sogui, what the hell are you talking about? Feral as ALWAYS had as much damage as a rogue, well at least burst damage wise in pvp since Vanilla
Um, no ... anyone saying this obviously didnt play feral in vanilla because feral was god awful dmg till LK and the only time anyone wanted them was for mangle bleed buff.
11/18/2014 07:35 PMPosted by Everlancelol
I could almost 1 shot rogues in vanilla with my full field marshal set and I also could kill a rogue at 2500 in arena before his healer could even cast a single heal..
First off, Field Marshal gear in vanilla was god awful terrible for feral ... and the only reason you would use the set would be to a un-catchable un-killable flag carrying machine. Second, you have never done a 2500s arena ... so please shut up and sit down.

11/18/2014 02:13 PMPosted by Banaritaz
70% of Ferals are almost certainly just other classes that have rerolled
yah, sadly the one your quoting ... isnt. Your just mad we shift nova ... sit down.
11/18/2014 10:00 PMPosted by Xoule
Ya it's BC all over again, I was on my prot warrior yesterday and my wife is and elemental shamy.
BC?!?! are you dumb, War and Sham where kings of BC ... this is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever heard. First off, all you had to do to get the feral off your wife was roll your face on spamstring and tell her to book it in ghostwolf. Maybe if you played a real spec like arms or fury you might have actually been able to kill the feral.
Anyone who says ferals don't need a nerf are the people playing them, why would the community of ferals who know their overpowered admit it and ask to get needed. It won't happen. Comming to the feral page and saying nerf them isn't going to work. Because not one feral player would say yea... Nerf me. When everyone knows it needs to happen.