High Pop realms getting help?

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
Well I got to log on today and came on to a 6000 que. I checked blue posts to see any new ones talked about what got fixed today. I went to realm status and saw that all but the high pop server had no que and up and running.. Bravo!! Finally... Now what are you going to do with the High population servers? 6000 que is unacceptable you know how many accts you have on these realms so you should know how much resources you needed to attached to those. Its like you sold 2000 tickets on a plane that only had 200 seats and then said "Oh well Sorry. cant help you. but if you sit here long enough maybe we can get you a seat on one of our other planes we over booked."

So here is what we see.. You are forcing people on High Pop server to transfer off ($25) for you. Then they can lvl up.. then transfer back to their guild (another $25). It looks like you don't give a crap about your customers Other than their Credit Cards. Makes me miss the crew before the Money mongers bought out WOW.

This is YOUR problem Blizzard ! AND you knew better.. Watch here where you admitted you knew not to do this AGAIN!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPzTywUBsQ&feature=youtu.be&t=25m19s
Over selling your servers, and forcing people to pay MORE money to go around your mistakes..

Shame on you guys... I think all of your upper management needs to go back to your MISSION STATEMENT and actually read it...
Agreed. All Blizzard cares about is money and if you say other wise they just delete your post.
11/15/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Nawaan
You are forcing people on High Pop server to transfer off ($25) for you.

11/15/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Orlyia
As to transferring to avoid queues, no - I don't recommend it. You can if you like but there may be other avenues opening up - and since many realms are also developing queues there is no guarantees at all you won't find yourself in the same position.

Like possible compensation (another common topic the last couple days), those decisions aren't made by anyone in Customer Service - we won't know anything about transfers or compensation until a decision is made by the powers that be and that information is made available to us.

11/14/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Bashiok
We’ll be looking into the possibility of Free Character Transfers for our highest population realms, but first we need to get the service to a place where we feel it’s also able to process a potentially large number of transfers while not adversely affecting service stability.

So here is what we see.. You are forcing people on High Pop server to transfer off ($25) for you. Then they can lvl up.. then transfer back to their guild (another $25). It looks like you don't give a crap about your customers Other than their Credit Cards. Makes me miss the crew before the Money mongers bought out WOW.

Nobody is being "forced" to play on a high population server. Click the "Change Realm" button when you get in the queue and select a realm without a queue. Play on that realm. It really isn't that onerous.
11/15/2014 04:00 PMPosted by Rhadamanth

Nobody is being "forced" to play on a high population server. Click the "Change Realm" button when you get in the queue and select a realm without a queue. Play on that realm. It really isn't that onerous.

and if they want to see endgame and all their toons are on a high population realm? What a stupid suggestion.
11/15/2014 04:04 PMPosted by Searc

and if they want to see endgame and all their toons are on a high population realm? What a stupid suggestion.

It's their own fault for choosing to place all their toons on high population servers. It's the simple reality that Blizzard isn't "forcing" anyone to try to play on any given server and to suggest otherwise is just plain melodramatic.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It's their own fault for choosing to place all their toons on high population servers. It's the simple reality that Blizzard isn't "forcing" anyone to try to play on any given server and to suggest otherwise is just plain melodramatic.

That has to be one of the stupidest replies you have made today. Yesterday, it was the incessant "EULA, EULA". And now this. You never fail to say stupid crap, Rhadamuth.
11/15/2014 04:07 PMPosted by Rhadamanth

LOL since when did any server get 7K queues on a normal basis? Try again.

I am sorry but I have to disagree. I have been on Zul'jin, a High pop server, for almost 10 years, since vanilla, i started in 2005. I have always been on Zul'jin and all my characters I play and all my friends and guildmates are on Zul'jin. So yeah, If i want to play with friends and actually level the toons I like playing, I need to be on Zul'jin.

The fact that Blizzard didn't bother taking into consideration High Population Servers and allowed transfers of entire guilds and multiple toons to Zul'jin, Area 52 and all their other High Population servers was a major miscalculation. I should not be forced to sit in a queue for 6 hours and counting just to log into my server to play.

Population control should have been a consideration for transfers to and from servers. When a server hits a certain number it should be closed to transfers. Period.

This problem with 5k, 6k and 7k queues on high pop servers is annoying. We do have a right to be angry and upset about it and hopefully Blizz will actually pay attention to this and even out the servers. Just because one server has a low population and entire guilds want to go to a new home, maybe not letting them go to a high pop server but start repopulating and revitalizing med and low pop servers would be a better answer.

I started on Zul'jin back in 2005, why should I have to leave the server I started on? Blizz keeps count of the populations of all their servers, seriously they need to control the population balance.
Just posting again to further the case, 3 days and still in queue and not able to play - Area 52 after 6 hours 1105 and 805 mins. Completely unacceptable...

While it was not exactly as polite as it could have been said, it is true that if you play on a high pop server that queues are expected. During an expansion those get blown out of the water. This has happened for 10 years now. I understand if new folks don't know that and sympathize with them, however vets...really should know how it works.
this is very good. veddy good in deed
I'm pretty sure more than 50% of the oceanic servers were at full. So I wouldnt have much choice of transferring to dodge the mega queue.
11/15/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Mirasol

While it was not exactly as polite as it could have been said, it is true that if you play on a high pop server that queues are expected. During an expansion those get blown out of the water. This has happened for 10 years now. I understand if new folks don't know that and sympathize with them, however vets...really should know how it works.

in the history of wow since ive played ive never seen a que that took 10 freaking hours.
Yeah, vets should know you need to wait 8h in Q
11/15/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Mirasol

this is crap as well. a queue of 200 on stormrage is the normal queue during the peak play time ... not nearly 7k.. so stop saying that this queue time "should be expected".
Just got home from work ,went to log on, keeping fingers crossed and yes 4 hour que time.... have not been able to log onto my main since expansion released..HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've only experienced the launch of Wotlk, Cata, and Mists and I don't remember this kind of thing happening back then..