Patch 6.0 and the change to Haunted Memento

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 21 Next
Why change what isnt broken? I've held this in my bag since it first dropped and treasured it.. why change it? Disappointing...
Please fix this. My friend paid 20k gold for his last expansion and this is really a killjoy for him.
Bump
So dumb for them to make this a stupid darkmoon faire item, now it's garbage... If it isn't broken why fix it? Blizz fails!
I just purchased one after accidentally throwing mine a long time ago.

Seriously disappointed that the buff and the ghost are no longer constant.
Yes please change it back.
I sold mine for 15k a week or 2 ago, I was even nice enough to tell the guy about the nerf beforehand, he still wanted it though.
Please bring back the ghost. Ive had my haunted memento since the invasion and its really disappointing to see that its been nerfed into the ground. 15 seconds isnt enough time to do anything.

10 million subscribers = 150 million dollars a month. I hope you can hire one more programmer to fix this problem. does it take a billion dollars every month to fix some small issue?

/signed
It was the #1 source of creature spawns within the game, which was causing server performance degradation, and during launch we changed its behavior as one of many tweaks to help recoup some server headroom. Due to the ongoing demand on the game service (and likelihood of similar demands in future expansion launches) we're not currently planning to revert it to its old behavior.
01/08/2015 06:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
It was the #1 source of creature spawns within the game, which was causing server performance degradation, and during launch we changed its behavior as one of many tweaks to help recoup some server headroom. Due to the ongoing demand on the game service (and likelihood of similar demands in future expansion launches) we're not currently planning to revert it to its old behavior.

That's sad. I liked having my wraith following me around.

Can you (or whoever does the programming) make it proc for longer and more often at least? Maybe not as much as before but more than what it is now?
It was the #1 source of creature spawns within the game, which was causing server performance degradation

The #1 source of creature spawns in the entire game? /boggle

That's a lot of haunting.
01/08/2015 06:52 PMPosted by Gevurah
It was the #1 source of creature spawns within the game, which was causing server performance degradation

I know, right? Kind of impressive actually.
01/08/2015 06:56 PMPosted by Bashiok
01/08/2015 06:52 PMPosted by Gevurah

I know, right? Kind of impressive actually.
So the haunted memento was in effect, haunting the game itself by haunting the servers.

This game was haunted!
You could make up for it by deleting all the copies of garrison followers on mounts that people leave behind. If I had to guess, that would be the #1
So technically they are saying they didn't think before they implement the item.