Paladin no longer fun?

Paladin
So, I rolled on a new server with a friend and he chose a prot paladin, so I decided I'd choose a healer. I thought about it and figured that paladin is the character I enjoy healing on the most (I have an 80 pally on another server), but I got my pally to 24 and then stopped. I just couldn't bring myself to level him. I want to be a holy pally but I don't want to be a holy pally.

I specced ret on my 80 to try it out and see if maybe speccing ret on my lowbie would help with leveling, but I just couldn't get into it...it just didn't have the same...flair...I'm not sure, maybe I'm just burnt out on paladins (granted I did all my WoTLK raiding on a shaman so I don't want one of those either). Are you guys still enjoying your paladins? Maybe I should just roll a druid...or just get my melee fix on a warrior and forget heals. How have you guys liked the changes?
i feel the same... i was a holy pally allll through Wrath and now with the new changes i just can't stand them. With the new changes healers just don't feel as important it seems like now instead of react healing we just now spam mana-efficient heals and some harder hitting heals while just trying to fight our mana bar. Even these heals don't seem to do much as they don't heal for very much. I mean in a PvE setting it's kinda fun but when we actually get into pvp where we have to use our mana-efficient heals or go OOM after 5 divine lights. If we use Holy light cuz it's efficient we get locked down by interrupts or it's not healing for enough and our target dies anyways.
i feel the same... i was a holy pally allll through Wrath and now with the new changes i just can't stand them. With the new changes healers just don't feel as important it seems like now instead of react healing we just now spam mana-efficient heals and some harder hitting heals while just trying to fight our mana bar. Even these heals don't seem to do much as they don't heal for very much. I mean in a PvE setting it's kinda fun but when we actually get into pvp where we have to use our mana-efficient heals or go OOM after 5 divine lights. If we use Holy light cuz it's efficient we get locked down by interrupts or it's not healing for enough and our target dies anyways.

I'm feeling this too. It's like healers are now the control group in fights. You heal X over Y. If you burst heal, you will go OOM. If you try to save someone who made a mistake, you will go OOM. AOE healing is somewhere between anemic and prohibitively expensive. Now we don't even have our holy power toys to play with.

With the changes, here's your job.

1) Judge light every cooldown
2) Holy shock every cooldown
3) Use WoG or LoD every 3hp (LoD is good for 4+ targets)
4) Cast holy light on non-tank (beacon means it's 50% more mana efficient to do this than healing tank direct)
5) Cast Divine light on tank when he gets to halfish HP to push him back up.

LoH if tank is sub 20%
Use other cooldowns when you need to throw more than 1 DL.

That's it. You can't really do anything else because you will go oom.
lol pretty much, but try using those long heals in pvp where any smart team will be focusing on the healer... GG bliz GG
lol pretty much, but try using those long heals in pvp where any smart team will be focusing on the healer... GG bliz GG

Yeah I don't pvp holy anymore.

Ret (dont laugh) is actually a really good pvp offheal. Spec selfless healer and the +60% crit on WoG if under 35%. Multiple rets built this way while focusing on using their HPs on WoG on eachother along with proper application of repentance and HoJ are extremely tough.
lol right but for the people that actually liked healing, with the way the new system of our long cast mana-efficient heals work in a rated bg setting or arena where smart players will focus on the healers and pull off switches correctly then not only pally's but all healers are gonna be pretty much useless....
lol right but for the people that actually liked healing, with the way the new system of our long cast mana-efficient heals work in a rated bg setting or arena where smart players will focus on the healers and pull off switches correctly then not only pally's but all healers are gonna be pretty much useless....

Right, but those 3 rets are all healers. With CC. And ret actually BUILDS holy power to play with. With Zealotry you can belt out a 25k heal on your friend every time CS cools down. Doesn't work if you are only ret healer (as self WoG is crap) but this shines in a group environment.

At least until blizz nerfs that I guess. Healing is apparently not allowed anymore.
lol i could see for a mess around bg, but nobody will ever do this in a serious pvp environment.... Go prot or go home i guess..