Shield Barrier

Warrior
Its a Garbage spell. Either increase the absorbtion on it or make it something entirely different. Obviously every warrior would prefer maybe a heal but apparently Enrage regen is somehow enough when they decided to take away second wind >.>, with every other dps spec having 2 or more if talented into.
What do you expect. Believe it or not. I got kicked out of a raid group for refusing to use it when blizzard brought it in. Shield block just always felt smarter. Shield barrier is to weak compared to shield block so why use
11/29/2014 01:39 AMPosted by Lawlessness
What do you expect. Believe it or not. I got kicked out of a raid group for refusing to use it when blizzard brought it in. Shield block just always felt smarter. Shield barrier is to weak compared to shield block so why use

He's talking about for DPS, where it is quite weak.

You are talking about tanking where shield barrier is very nice. You should know better.
11/29/2014 01:39 AMPosted by Lawlessness

I could believe it. If you were a decent Prot Warr, you'd know when SBarr was useful, not say that it was completely useless. Not using it at all tells me you were so squishy at the time the healers were having a s**t time trying to keep you up.
It certainly doesn't feel so much stronger even when Resolve is at a high scale. It goes from being able to absorb two boss auto attacks to being able to absorb three, or one boss spell.

It helps, but it really can't be relied upon. I can't even imagine how it must feel for Arms and Fury, without Resolve buffing it.
11/29/2014 05:51 AMPosted by Gurash
It certainly doesn't feel so much stronger even when Resolve is at a high scale. It goes from being able to absorb two boss auto attacks to being able to absorb three, or one boss spell.

It helps, but it really can't be relied upon. I can't even imagine how it must feel for Arms and Fury, without Resolve buffing it.

It feels like covering yourself with napkins on a rainy day.
Going off of Heroic Dungeon shield barriers isn't even reasonable. Wait until Heroic/Mythic raiding content drops and see how well Shield Barrier does. Sure they nerfed the AP modifier for it, but with a metric !@#$ ton of Resolve, It will be equal to or slightly less than Guard is right now for BrM's.
11/29/2014 04:00 AMPosted by Jenram
I could believe it. If you were a decent Prot Warr, you'd know when SBarr was useful, not say that it was completely useless. Not using it at all tells me you were so squishy at the time the healers were having a s**t time trying to keep you up.

I'm glad you have decided to be an !@#$%^ and assume. ill just go ahead and assume you dont even play warrior since your posting from a scrub account.

11/29/2014 02:11 AMPosted by Malfrenzy
He's talking about for DPS, where it is quite weak.

You are talking about tanking where shield barrier is very nice. You should know better.

It was in reference to both. Just feels weak as a whole especially as a dps.
I agree, shield barrier needs substantial buff.
Shield barrier is garbage in both arms and fury.

In arms i almost wouldn't either bother putting it on my bar as you need rage to function and using 60 rage for a 10K absorb seems pointless.

In fury it's not as bad as you're not as rage starved after using it, but still the rage is better spent elsewhere.

I'm sure it seemed like a decent idea at the time, but I don't think blizz really put effort into it. I've got a similar opinion about arms warrior but that horse is long dead.
I think it's garbage, but I use it for Magic damage, when I'm swimming in rage, have a ton of mobs smacking my face, buy shield block is on cd.

I mean that's not 100%, but it's the best way I can think of right now lol
11/29/2014 03:28 PMPosted by Rimmington
In fury it's not as bad as you're not as rage starved after using it, but still the rage is better spent elsewhere.

I play fury in pvp.

There are only two rage dumps. Wild strike and Shield barrier. Those are your two options.
Ofc, I save as much rage as I can to dump into execute whenever possible, and a little bit trickles out with Raging Blow and Hamstring. Otherwise, the choice of how to spend my rage comes down to those two skills.

It's quite simple.
It's a choice between damage or mitigation. Do you need to be tanky? or is damage more relevant?
If either is viable, Shield barrier beats wild strike by somewhere in the range of 10%.

I don't see what's bad about it. It serves a very clear purpose. But maybe this thread just doesn't apply to my spec.
gotta def. be swimming in it. Its just so weak, even if ive been in a fight for quite a bit my resolve only goes up for the dmg im taking.. so it goes back down which decreases the effectiveness of the shield barrier, its just counter productive >.> lol..