All Draenor tamers with only these 2 pets!

Pet Battles
1 2 3 5 Next
2 Pets, 1 Carry

A Sprite Darter Hatchling and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling are all you need to consistently beat each of the 6 Draenor Grand Master Pet Tamers and carry a pet through each of the fights for leveling purposes.

Yes, I know there are some faster strategies with other pets on some fights. I did this for my own amusement as I enjoy challenging myself with such trivial things. It DOES however provide a fantastic starting point for any new battle pet trainers to level their first couple of pets that will allow them to accomplish a whole lot. Whether you enjoy brainlessly flying to each tamer without having to edit your pet team or you're looking for that great first team, look no further.

You will need rare, level 25 versions of each of the two pets. The Dragonling should be cheap-ish and is crafted by engineers. The Darter might cost you a pretty penny on the AH but she is worth it... this is your Draenor superstar pet.

If you are starting your carry pet from level 1, I strongly suggest you tackle them in the order below as they consistently need to soak up more damage in each case. Only Tarr and Cymre will put real stress on your carry pet but with a little planning, it should work out. A pet being carried from level 1 through all 6 tamers will be level 25 when you are finished, providing you are wearing your Safari Hat buff the entire time.

Crits from either your team or the enemy team could put the rotation out of whack, be prepared to restart some fights due to RNG, sorry. Taralune's moths in particular seem to be crit-happy.
Ashlei - Shadowmoon Valley

*After this fight, swap your Darter's Life Exchange for Evanescence, you will not need to change your pet team or abilities throughout the rest of the guide.

Sprite Darter Hatchling 221 (Life Exchange)
Carry
Carry

Open with Sprite Darter Hatchling
1- Moonfire
2- Arcane Blast until Pixiebell dies
3- Life Exchange (Doodle will swap out after you steal all her life)
4- Arcane Blast until Tally is dead, then bring one or both of your carries in for hits
5- Finish as you see fit

Vesharr - Spires of Arak

Sprite Darter Hatchling 211 (Evanescence)
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling 112
Carry

Open with Sprite Darter Hatchling
1- Moonfire
2- Arcane Blast
3- Arcane Blast (bird dies)
4- Arcane Blast
5- Evanescence
6- Moonfire
7- Swap to Dragonling
8- Bombing Run
9- Decoy
10- Breath
11- Breath
12- Bombing Run
13- Breath (Guardian dies)
14- Breath
15- Breath
16- Bombing Run
17- Breath (Dragonling dies, bring out Carry pet)
18- Any attack (survive ~500 dmg)
19- Swap to Sprite Darter
20- Moonfire
21- Arcane Blast

Taralune - Talador

Carry

Open with Carry Pet
1- Any ability (interrupted)
2- Swap to Sprite
3- Evanescence
4- Arcane Blast
5- Arcane Blast
6- Arcane Blast (first moth dies)
7- Moonfire
8- Arcane Blast
9- Evanescence
10- Arcane Blast (second moth dies)
11- Arcane Blast
12- Arcane Blast (Sprite dies, bring out Carry)
13- Kill it with Carry pet, like a boss! (need to survive ~467 dmg)

Gargra - Frostfire Ridge

Carry

Open with Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
1- Bombing Run
2- Breath
3- Decoy
4- Breath
5- Bombing Run (kills first wolf)
6- Swap to Carry
7- Any damage attack
8- Swap to Sprite
9- Evanescence
10- Arcane Blast (dodged)
11- Moonfire
12- Arcane Blast (second wolf dies)
13- Arcane Blast
14- Arcane Blast (Sprite dies, bring out Dragonling)
15- Decoy
16- Bombing Run
17- Breath
18- Breath (Dragonling dies, bring out carry)
19- Any move (Bomb kills last wolf)

Tarr the Terrible - Nagrand

Carry >1000 health - has a move that will cause >240 damage to humanoid

Open with Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
1- Decoy
2- Swap to Sprite
3- Evanescence
4- Moonfire
5- Swap to Carry (needs to survive ~1000)
6- Any attack (break shield)
7- Any attack (at least 240 dmg)
8- Swap to Sprite
9- Evanescence
10- Moonfire
11- Swap to Dragonling
12- Decoy
13- Bombing Run
14- Swap to Sprite
15- Arcane Blast
16- Evanescence
17- Pass
18- Moonfire
19- Arcane Blast (Deathy dies)
20- Arcane Blast
21- Evanescence
22- Arcane Blast
23- Swap to Dragonling
24- Decoy
25- Swap to Sprite
26- Evanescence
27- Moonfire
28- Arcane Blast (Murkalot dies)
29- Arcane Blast
30- Arcane Blast
31- Evanescence
32- Moonfire
33- Arcane Blast
34- Arcane Blast (Sprite dies, bring in Dragonling)
35- Breath until end, only Decoy if Murkimus has jumped in the air.

Cymre Brightblade - Gorgrond

Carry >1250 health - NOT undead

Open with Carry pet
1- Any ability
2- Swap to Sprite
3- Moonfire
4- Arcane
5- Evanescence
6- Arcane
7- Arcane
8- Swap to Carry
9- Any damage
10- Any damage
11- Swap to Sprite
12- Arcane (Idol dies)
13- Evanescence
14- Moonfire
15- Arcane (Sprite dies, bring out Dragonling)
16- Bombing Run
17- Breath
18- Breath (Lantern should die, if your Breaths were too weak, reset fight)
19- Decoy
20- Bombing
21- Breath
22- Breath
23- Breath
24- Bombing (his mech racial triggers, then big heal)
25- Breath until dead
Intriguing.

As a note, the SDH and the S/S Nether Faerie Dragon are practically interchangeable, so you do not need to pay a pretty penny on the AH to use this strategy if you've got an S/S NFD in hand.
I checked on the Nether Faerie Dragon while writing this up and the S/S one had slightly higher speed but slightly lower damage. It might work for some or all of these fights as I haven't tested it but there may be a spot somewhere where your turn comes out of the order or the slight loss in damage doesn't secure a kill. If someone ever checks it out, let me know.

This team has a lot of dodge/block sequences and only the MPD's Breath has a damage range, for those reasons, the fights almost always go as predicted and were sometimes down to just a few damage difference. The Faerie Dragon should be a nice, cheap alternative to try though. I'd be particularly curious about Taralune or Tarr the Terrible's fights, there are some close calls built in there.
I have a bunch of darters O_O I never thought they were good so I never leveled them
great guide but i ended up going with a diff team for Taralune.

Complete BS that the sleep effect is only a 25% chance. I tried using your combo EIGHT times in a row and was slept each time by the 2nd moth which kills any chance of beating it.
12/04/2014 06:54 AMPosted by Vaeevictiss

Complete BS that the sleep effect is only a 25% chance. I tried using your combo EIGHT times in a row and was slept each time by the 2nd moth which kills any chance of beating it.

No, it's not BS. You can take comfort in the fact that three other players quite likely got through without their pets being put to sleep at all. It all evens out - if your sample size is large enough.
12/04/2014 06:54 AMPosted by Vaeevictiss

I know there are RNG elements that will impact these fights. I still use this guide every day cause I get too lazy to swap pets and moves every fight so I just have this one pretty much memorized. That said, in most of these fights, this isn't the absolute best team to use as I mentioned... but it's handy for people without pet variety.

Level up 2 pets and you can carry through each of the tamer fights, which is pretty handy I think. If you have the variety to better counter each team, it is the safer way to go through the daily tamers.

That said, I usually have restart tamer fights ~3 times total each day using this guide, some days are better, some are worse. All in all, that's decent for 6 fights I think.

Also, Flying and Undead carry pets can get caught up by Vesharr and Cymre. I open with my carry against Vesharr if I'm leveling a Flying pet that day and use a similar formula after that.
Please note The Dragon racial vs the Magic racial.. Big difference there and will impact fights.
Sprite Darter Hatchling and Nether Faerie Dragon are both Dragons now.
huh, i failed to notice that. Thanks.
Thanks for this guide.
Thanks for the guide been looking for a way to level my pets up to finally attempt the Celestial Tourny and you have made that possible! THANK YOU! can not say it enough
I dont know if its just me but the Taralune fight does not go as is listed here. I follow the steps exactly and my SDH dies on turn 8. THeres no way i could survive several more rounds to kill the third. Im not sure whats wrong.
12/07/2014 02:57 PMPosted by War
I dont know if its just me but the Taralune fight does not go as is listed here. I follow the steps exactly and my SDH dies on turn 8. THeres no way i could survive several more rounds to kill the third. Im not sure whats wrong.

Your SDH should have 1400 hp, right? It's a very specific formula and the moths' attacks do not have a damage range, only crits should kill you. You should take the following damage:

Rd1: Another pet takes the damage.
Rd2: 131 dmg cocoon strike (1269 hp left)
Rd3: Dodge from evanescence
Rd4: Dodge from evanescence
Rd5: 398 dmg moth dust (871 hp left)
Rd6: No damage, you killed 1st moth before he attacked
Rd7: 447 dmg call lightning (424 hp left)
Rd8: 398 dmg moth dust (26 hp left)

It's not a lot of life left, but you should still be alive. The following several rounds you do not take damage by virtue of evanescence, then going first and killing the 2nd moth, finally the 3rd moth using a round to buff. After not taking damage for those 3 rounds, you even get to go first the following round, scoring 4 straight hits and leaving the last moth with a measly 47 hp to finish off.

So, looking at that list, where does your experience vary from this formula exactly?

(pulled the numbers from a video since I already did my daily today, sorry if they're off by a few)
Thank you for the kind words Daavoodoo and Xuanlong, glad the guide served its desired purpose for you!
12/07/2014 02:57 PMPosted by War

**snip**

So, looking at that list, where does your experience vary from this formula exactly?

(pulled the numbers from a video since I already did my daily today, sorry if they're off by a few)

My SDH (has 1400 hp as you stated) dies before or after(cant remember) I cast Arcane Blast during Turn 8 of your original post. I finished the fight still just fine with another pet. I wasnt leveling anything at the time just trying the method listed here.
12/07/2014 04:43 PMPosted by War

**snip**

My SDH (has 1400 hp as you stated) dies before or after(cant remember) I cast Arcane Blast during Turn 8 of your original post. I finished the fight still just fine with another pet. I wasnt leveling anything at the time just trying the method listed here.

Still curious where the problem might be, if you happen to try it again, let me know which round the extra damage is coming in (beyond what I listed).
12/07/2014 04:55 PMPosted by Madmartigan

Still curious where the problem might be, if you happen to try it again, let me know which round the extra damage is coming in (beyond what I listed).

Will do. All the others that I tried worked very well (Didnt find this method until I had already done Frostfire and Gorgrond dailies but I will try those tomorrow. The ones I did try even worked with my dragonling being uncommon as I havent been able to get a stone to upgrade it yet. Thanks for the post though. Will help alot in the days to come.
Just did the fight now and recorded some actual numbers myself with the SDH, fight goes like this:

Rd1: Another pet takes the damage.
Rd2: 131 dmg cocoon strike (1269 hp left)
Rd3: Dodge from evanescence
Rd4: Dodge from evanescence
Rd5: 398 dmg moth dust (871 hp left)
Rd6: No damage, you killed 1st moth before he attacked
Rd7: 447 dmg call lightning (424 hp left)
Rd8: 347 dmg moth dust (77 hp left - this 2nd moth does less dmg with moth dust than the 1st moth)

You should have 77 hp after round 8 and then as mentioned, should not take any damage for the next 4 attacks, until the last moth has 47 hp left.