Thank you Blizzard best expansion ever

General Discussion
I was initially assuming sarcasm.

But then, there is no accounting for fanboys. I guess you were trying to be serious.

/laugh
11/25/2014 06:16 PMPosted by Sereníty
Hmmm...

More money for less content.

More phasing and garrisons = less people in the world.

Talents stripped.

Flight gone.

Professions broken.

Not much to do at end game.

Classes nerfed.

I'm having more fun in the old world than I did in beta.

Less content? lol ok man...

I like how people are using this as a reason two weeks in, before the very first tier has even started.
I'm one of the people that isn't all that happy with the expansion and some of the changes that Blizzard has implemented (it has to happen. They can't possibly make everybody happy) but I wanted to jump in here and say to the OP thank you for this thread. It is nice to see one of the many that truly enjoy the expansion say so on the forums.

Because it's usually the case that the forum posters are the ones with an axe to grind, (no Iron Horde pun intended) and the ones that are happy just enjoy their play and stay silent, the forums are usually a toxic wasteland.

So again, thank you for giving the other side of the coin a nod. I hope others will follow and show that it's not all bad.
Leading on from my previous posts.
Balance Druid

Starfall damage against players is now reduced by 33%.
PvP set bonus that grants a charge of Starsurge when Entangling Roots breaks now has a 15 second cooldown.

Discipline Priest

Silence now has a 2 second duration (Shadow Silence is unaffected).

Retribution Paladin and Enhancement Shaman

The PvP 2 set piece bonus now grants 25% reduction in crowd control effects (down from 50%).

Warriors

Glyph of Shield Slam now requires defensive stance.

Loving the pro activeness of blizzard this expansion to properly balance classes. I agree it should of been done before release but hey at least its happening. All fantastic changes and definitely heading in the right direction. Can't wait to finish leveling this hunter and seeing whether they are any good.

My warrior still feels strong in glad stance so not sure why people are crying over it. Was so ridiculously overpowered a bot could play it and get 2600.
11/25/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Ilockalot
I agree I have loved em all but this one I love the most.

One month and you can judge...
Hold up OP. imma let you finish but we all know wrath of the lich king was the greatest of all time.
I'm enjoying it very much also!

so far for me it's WotlK>Wod>BC>vanilla>cata>mop
12/11/2014 02:33 PMPosted by Beefsmàsh
Hmmm...

More money for less content.

More phasing and garrisons = less people in the world.

Talents stripped.

Flight gone.

Professions broken.

Classes nerfed.

I'm having more fun in the old world than I did in beta.

we are getting half a product. is blizzard turning into EA?

Blizz treats their employees better than EA, but as for the rest...maybe
It's really annoying that all you see on the forums are those complaining, or saying that blizz employees are worthless, and blizzard as a company are terrible, when in all reality the do their best to give you what you ask for. Unless you know, it's game breaking, like introducing flight in an xpac that was designed around not having it. Just because the people on the forums want it, doesn't mean everyone does. The forums represent a small portion of the community.

I'm glad to see someone had the courage on this forum to post something positive. I've been holding out to prevent a flame war and add more to the moderators already difficult job of keeping order here.

Have fun op, I'll be in game doing the same!
I'm finding the questing very well done. The 'raid training' seems to have matured too - first noticed it in Cata, where quests would introduce raid mechanics so that when someone who levelled by questing first steps into a dungeon or raid they aren't wondering what the fire looks like (the one they have to stay out of ;) I know I was).

Nice writing on the quests. Coherent, drawing you towards the zone's focus. Side quests which reveal more about the zone, but no crap filler or cheap extended pop culture allegories.

Have done all of SMV, Gorgrond, most of Talador, partial Arak and Nagrand. Talador was a little bit meat and 2 veg, alliance side. Not very inspiring. The sequence into Shattrath was powerful though. Then I got to Auchindoun - stunning! Real sense of desecration, terror and urgency in Tomb of Lights and surrounds. While I was appreciating how well the story was unfolding, I kept wondering why this crucial part of Draenei lore was left at a stage in the questing where many will not see it because they will have outlevelled the zone and moved on - espesh as the Shatt sequence comes so early on, so one is led to think the Alliance story is done and dusted.

So yes, very pleased - even Talador which I thought was a fizzle has surprised and delighted me. [Ed. I didn't actually realise the whole quest area of Auchindoun/Telmor etc existed until today.
I think this expansion is an 8/10. Better than Cata or MoP, but not as good as WotLK or BC. Great expansion.
I wonder how many of the posters here are actually Blizz employees trying to swing people's perceptions...hmmm....