Feral v Rogue

Druid
11/25/2014 01:42 AMPosted by Restololz
Rogue should win against a Feral 90% of the time. The only burst window a feral has is incarnation, super easy to notice even if you aren't able to tell from icons, the cat goes into a new form. GG, now you can choose to either blind+restealth, vanish etc. Wait till it wears off. Open again and you win. Once incarnation is on cooldown you should have zero issues finishing a feral off, evasion will make him unable to generate any combo points for finishers to get those heals off, and then just stun your way to victory. Rogues that lose to ferals are either A. Bad, or B. have no cooldowns available when fight starts.

Pretty much this.
With the loss of barkskin, we sure did take a hit in the rouge matchup. Not being able to barkskin while getting danced on, or otherwise stunned does hurt. However, with the new updated feral kit, and the 2 charges on survival instincts, the matchup is still swayed towards the feral player, in my opinion. Not having to leave form to heal, and the ridiculous number of stuns we can throw at the rogue is so nice. That being said, the nerf to rip does hurt as well, but i still think that ferals can outlast and outdamage rogues in the long run.
Rogue is def the closest 1v1s I find myself in. Or a prot warrior willing to use every cd they have trying to kill me.

It might be feral if ferals actually fought each other. It feels like we all just either totally avoid or walk away from each other, knowing how pointless it would be to try lol.
11/25/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Cavaletta
It feels like we all just either totally avoid or walk away from each other, knowing how pointless it would be to try lol.

I always kill other ferals when I see them. All the FotM druid rerolls are easy kills. :-)
11/25/2014 11:40 AMPosted by Jeffbot
11/25/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Cavaletta
It feels like we all just either totally avoid or walk away from each other, knowing how pointless it would be to try lol.

I always kill other ferals when I see them. All the FotM druid rerolls are easy kills. :-)

How do you stop the feral from just walking away from you? lol. You arent killing another in just bash/maim stuns. Thats why I say pointless. Its all just, "well im gonna powershift away from you now, its been fun"
With the start of WoD Ferals lost Barkskin and Nature's grasp. Both were key in fighting a rouge in MoP.

Feral did gain a bit in healing, but lost out big time in defending a burst. (IMO the worst defensive CD in the game is SI)

Ferals also lose in speed; Rouge can maintain 190%, maybe hit a CD to get to 215% with glyph. Ferals have a speed of 155%, 165% in travel form. With FF applied, dash up and a wild charge ferals can catch a rouge, only to get stunned. Personally I think this is just wrong, how can a big !@# cat be too slow!?!?!

HotW + bear form is tough. Simply hit Thrash, thrash, mangle, regen, FF & repeat for 45 secs. Toss in ward and Rejuv now and then and ferals can survive most attacks. If a rouge stands and fights through all of that, thinking that bear form doesn't hit that hard, will lose, eventually.

So stun-lock and unload. Vanish or pillar hump until you are ready to restart the fight. Advantage to the slippery rouge.
Ferals right now cause they are op as fk. Once they get nerfed I would suspect Rogues to come out on top.
Rogues will win hands down everytime now with the new nerfs to our self heals. I think with the healing nerfs we should be allowed to cast survival instincts while stunned now.
Pretty much this. Evasion to deny a ferals heal and gg.