World server is down - realm status shows up.

Technical Support
OK, so I get that you're going to have issues with WOD at the beginning... No issue. What i don't understand is why the realm status always shows up when its not. Technologically, and easy way to link automatically. Its frustrating when its down, but shows up. So we wonder if it's a local issue at first.
Having the same issue on Mug'thol. I've narrowed it down to being the Garrison server. The two characters I have logged out there, always return "World Server Down" when trying to log in. All of the characters I have outside of the Garrison load just fine.
Happening to me also. Was farming Pit of Saron and when I zoned out I got world server down, 90% loading screen.
Bscared,

As far as I'm aware, there are no realms down at the moment.

My guess is that you are currently running into the issue mentioned in this sticky thread: World server down / Instance not found

Got some feedback?
Garrison for Mug'thol down too
Yeah, definitely seems to be the Garrison server. Have done some more testing, and it is consistent. All of my characters logged out at the Garrison return World Server Down, after hanging at 90% for a minute.
What realms were you guys trying to access when you received this message?

Got some feedback?
Mug'thol for all of my characters.
Moon Guard here and I am also in my garrison atm.
Nordrassil for me.
And I was just able to log in. Took about 30 minutes, but finally loaded on Unky. I'm afraid to log out to test if the issue is really resolved.
Ok i got in after 10-15 try. Moral of the story don't log out from your Garrison I suppose.
Terenas is down
Cowmeat,

11/24/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Cowmeat
Terenas is down

Yes, we've already got that escalated and it's being looked into.

Got some feedback?
Happened to me. The game hung up at Ironforge while I was on a flight path to the Isle of Quel'Danas. I was just hovering on a flight path. Couldn't move, hearth, anything. So I logged out, and, when I tried to log back in, I got this error message. I'm still getting it when I try to log in. This happened about half an hour ago. I'm on Eitrigg.
It's happening on Ironforge too on all servers
I was just on Uther, in Icecrown and kept getting an error message about cross-zones not available, in addition to no NPC's anywhere. Logged out, tried logging back in, "World Server is Down" message appeared. Clearly this is a problem and not account/character specific. :/
Was just able to log in and NPC's were there. C'mon, Blizz. I normally don't complain about things this, but server issues for the past two weeks have been a bit excessive...
Hey folks,

This issue seems to be resolved. I'll be locking this thread now, but if any other issues come up, please feel free to post again if you have any other questions.

Got some feedback?