Please start banning people

Customer Support
1 2 3 7 Next
All of these special made links like the handicap symbol and game master links have taken over General and Trade the past day on Bleeding Hollow and it's out of control. These channels have become useless and my report button can only handle so much.

It's made for an extremely hostile environment and it needs to be taken care of.
Same on my server and it's pissing me off to no end. Fix this!

Edit: Lol i like how it gets downvoted. Must be one of the people that are spamming those damn symbols.
It's all over Area 52 too. Reporting just about every one of them that I see for spam.
I turned off trade chat a long time ago. It's filled people spamming stupid stuff anyway. Makes the game more enjoyable. Was saddened to find out there is trade chat in garrisons.
12/01/2014 12:39 PMPosted by Mirs
Would you say that you're, perhaps, triggered?

The correct term would be "pissed off".

12/01/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Gongam
I turned off trade chat a long time ago. It's filled people spamming stupid stuff anyway. Makes the game more enjoyable. Was saddened to find out there is trade chat in garrisons.

Yeah, turned it off there as well. and General. Neither is actually useful for anything.
My trade chat too has fallen victim to these people spamming that giant image. We can hardly say anything at all without it instantly being covered up.

http://imgur.com/LTKz8kM

That is what it is.
I think they're hilarious, but I acknowledge they need to be removed (Particularly the GM one!). It's trade chat though, is it really any worse than normal?
12/01/2014 12:42 PMPosted by Anareiel
Moon Guard checking in. You guys think YOU got that in you chat lol.
We are TOTALLY having fun with this. and that's what it is; fun. Chill.
Locking down chat with such an amount of spam that no one can do anything is only fun to the ones doing the lockdown and none of the ones trying to do things like buy or sell in Trade chat. Or recruit for a guild with raids inc tomorrow.
12/01/2014 12:42 PMPosted by Anareiel
Moon Guard checking in. You guys think YOU got that in you chat lol.
We are TOTALLY having fun with this. and that's what it is; fun. Chill.

No. It doesnt belong. make a seperate channel for that !@#$. Trade and general should be left for LFG and WTB/WTS. Nothing like this.
I remember something like this long ago, which let you add text to an item link.

They fixed it pretty quick after.

Can take a few days to a week once it's on their radar though.

Why did that make you said if you turned off trade a long time ago? Ooops ;)
Anyway, just /ignore someone that says something totally offensive or annoying, you won't be missing out.
12/01/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Riversing

Why did that make you said if you turned off trade a long time ago? Ooops ;)
Anyway, just /ignore someone that says something totally offensive or annoying, you won't be missing out.

It auto turns on the first time you enter your Garrison (or it did for me, probably a bug).
Of all the stupid things for people to be up in arms about.

As if trade was some kind of landscape of civility with all the political/ferguson/religious garbage going on it 24/7 as of late, this is an amusing change of pace.
What symbols? I am in Moonguard but the only things trade seems to be talking about is Ferguson, and religion, with some people actually asking about the game.
I dont even have general or trade chat enabled its always been pointless banter between mega trolls.
Sargeras has the exact same problem, hundred of morons all spamming fake link with the 'legendary' leeroy linked too. Why things like these were ever allowed in the first place is beyond me, but this has come to a ridiculous point and blizzard needs to start doing something about it

reports only go so far
Reporting people are going to block half of yoru clientele for selling items, buying, or looking for groups for various things.