Please fix enchanting

General Discussion
1 2 3 25 Next
Please fix this profession. It is the only building in my garrison that sits with zero work being done.

Dust is far too rare, and much to valuable to use on work orders, when the daily cool downs are so important. The cost for a weapon enchant is absurd, as it would take well over 150 days to buy and apply enchants to your character. This doesn't even take into account replacing gear.

I implore you, please take a look at this. By allowing everybody and their brother access to the DE ability, you've exhausted the supply of materials.
epic crystals will become far more common once the raids come out, so everything that takes them will drop in price in a month or two once the raid guilds start getting a surplus. The dust, however is a problem.
It is so stupid expensive right now I am lvling an alt just to help with enchanting.
The whole, "We're going to require 100% special work order materials." really took it to enchanters.
I leveled this guy to 100, saved ALL BOEs and put the in the guild bank. Had one half of a page filled. So when I started leveling my enchanter he had plenty of BOEs to DE. If I didn't have this, I definitely see where you are coming from.
By allowing everybody the ability to DE items other than epics, they have exhausted the supply. Other professions have ways of making items, trapping animals for fur, work orders for cloth.....enchanting needs a constant resource supply.

Maybe they need to either increase the amount of dust generated, or drastically reduce the cost of the work orders.
11/24/2014 10:40 AMPosted by Synide
I leveled this guy to 100, saved ALL BOEs and put the in the guild bank. Had one half of a page filled. So when I started leveling my enchanter he had plenty of BOEs to DE. If I didn't have this, I definitely see where you are coming from.

I'm interested in how many days of work orders and daily cool downs those will take care of.
They should have a daily us enchanters can go do to slay a magical beast and get more dust or something.
11/24/2014 10:45 AMPosted by Ikinai
They should have a daily us enchanters can go do to slay a magical beast and get more dust or something.

Even then, how must dust would it take to do a full list of work orders? Tons and tons.
11/24/2014 10:49 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
11/24/2014 10:45 AMPosted by Ikinai

Even then, how must dust would it take to do a full list of work orders? Tons and tons.

It'd be better than what we have and a start is a start. Right now I just randomly go around killing things hoping for a green drop :/
yeah i have a tailor/enchanter.. i finally got a new recipee i cant make lol. not enough supplies. and my garrison has work orders non stop since i hit 100 and had enough supply to make 1 work order. have yet to really lvl my proffs but by the daily 1 point i get for making the book you use to buy recipees.. i dont like it at all.
11/24/2014 10:42 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
I'm interested in how many days of work orders and daily cool downs those will take care of.

Hmmm. I might have to get back with you on this. As he is only level 92 and an alt, I placed the work orders and logged off. I haven't logged back on him yet to collect them. I have logged back on to run some missions though, and noticed the work order still being worked. So I know I have several days worth. And I seem to recall the last work order I did telling me a 3 hour cooldown? can't be sure though. As I said, his garrison is pretty new.

I have plenty of supplies. But again, that all came from this guy saving his BOEs. Now that I see this problem, I am glad I did it this way. :)
11/24/2014 10:42 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz

Hey, it's Synide's alt. I am his enchanter/taylorer. I'll see what I can find out when I get home this evening after work. I'm really 92, not sure why I still show 90.
11/24/2014 10:28 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
Please fix this profession. It is the only building in my garrison that sits with zero work being done.

Dust is far too rare, and much to valuable to use on work orders, when the daily cool downs are so important.

As a personal anecdote, my character's Enchanter's Study is experiencing a similar issue with a lack of work orders submitted when the other buildings are humming along with a constant stream of work orders. We feel that Enchanting Dust can be a bit too scarce to come by and are looking at ways to ease those supply concerns.
11/24/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Rygarius

Dust is far too rare, and much to valuable to use on work orders, when the daily cool downs are so important.

As a personal anecdote, my character's Enchanter's Study is experiencing a similar issue with a lack of work orders submitted when the other buildings are humming along with a constant stream of work orders. We feel that Enchanting Dust can be a bit too scarce to come by and are looking at ways to ease those supply concerns.

Awesome, thanks for looking into it :)
WTB some craftable greens to DE.

WOOOO HOOO!! and Thanks!

Be able to "crush" luminous shards into dust would be the best solution. I have 120+ shards right now.
As a personal anecdote

We feel that Enchanting Dust can be a bit too scarce to come by and are looking at ways to ease those supply concerns.

I'm getting a sense of bias...

I notice the same thing with my Herb Garden. I can make out my Draenic Stone Mine Work Orders easily, but I'm only getting 3-4 Herb Work Orders done a day. Makes it not worth really carrying a Herb follower [picking herbs is nice though]