Upcoming Dungeon Changes and Hotfixes

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 128 129 130 158 Next
11/21/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Rygarius
Thanks for all the feedback on these changes. As a team, we do prefer personal loot as a solution for Dungeon Finder groups, which is why we modified and extended the system we’ve had in place for Raid Finder. We heard from sources both within our team and the community that the experience of defeating a boss and no ceremony beyond three gold on its corpse, or the possibility of finishing an entire dungeon without seeing any items, felt flat and even a bit broken. Based on those concerns, we decided to roll back a system that had been in place for a week to a system that had been in use for years, while we continued to polish and refine the personal loot system to deliver an optimal experience to players. However, we underestimated the impact and positive elements of personal loot, in terms of reducing contention and drama in random match made groups.

We now have a hotfix in the works that will do two things:

• The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
  • We're increasing loot yield from the final boss of each dungeon.
    • With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.
    • With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.

• OMG THANK YOU!!!
    I am adding in my opinion here.

I do not want Need before Greed. Personal loot was the bomb. Plus, its really distracting to have to look at the greens that pop up and stop what you're doing, etc.

I WANT TO LOOT THE BOSS.

Hopefully 130 pages of people telling you it was a bad idea gets the point across. PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS

The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
    We're increasing loot yield from the final boss of each dungeon.
    With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.
    With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.

This is good. It just needs to go live and I think both sides of the problem will be solved.
    11/21/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Xzistance
    I know how this question will be answered but still figured I would ask anyway. Any ETA on when the hotfix will go in for this (other than soon™ if possible) so we can get back our personal loot system?

As quickly as we can. The hotfix has to be tested first to make sure it works before being implemented.
    Thanks, I look forward to my dungeon runs tonight.
    Thank you for bringing back Personal Loot! I'm so happy!!!!

I love how you guys listened to the feedback from the community on this and are responding so quickly!

Thank you so much, again.
    :^)

/happy dance
    Thanks for all the feedback on these changes. As a team, we do prefer personal loot as a solution for Dungeon Finder groups, which is why we modified and extended the system we’ve had in place for Raid Finder. We heard from sources both within our team and the community that the experience of defeating a boss and no ceremony beyond three gold on its corpse, or the possibility of finishing an entire dungeon without seeing any items, felt flat and even a bit broken. Based on those concerns, we decided to roll back a system that had been in place for a week to a system that had been in use for years, while we continued to polish and refine the personal loot system to deliver an optimal experience to players. However, we underestimated the impact and positive elements of personal loot, in terms of reducing contention and drama in random match made groups.

• The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
    • With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.
    • With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.

• Thank you for listening and your consideration. :)

we decided to roll back a system that had been in place for a week to a system that had been in use for years

Clearly such reaction to a week old adjustment shows just how much of a winner/success you have in the Personal Loot system. I can't wait for future improvements to it to make it even better!
    We were heard, guys! Thank you, thank you thank you!

• Thank you SO much! Can't wait for this to drop!
    Thanks for listening !!!
    YAY TY Blizz ur my BAE again! <3

• Thank you! Once I hit 100, I'll be running LFG as heals and lowering DPS queue times again!

• THANK YOU, LOVE IT. Hope it's out soon.

• Thank you for reconsidering.

:)

The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
    We're increasing loot yield from the final boss of each dungeon.

With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.
    With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.

Fantastic customer service, well done! Please take more of my money.

• I'm Thunderlager...and I support this message.
    Justice is served
    11/21/2014 11:24 AMPosted by Rygarius
    11/21/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Xzistance
    I know how this question will be answered but still figured I would ask anyway. Any ETA on when the hotfix will go in for this (other than soon™ if possible) so we can get back our personal loot system?

As quickly as we can. The hotfix has to be tested first to make sure it works before being implemented.

Thank you sir /salute for the prompt and honest response.

*collapses from exhaustion*
    Thank you so much for fixing this! NBG has no place in a post Cataclysm WoW. Glad to see you listen to the community.
    Woot Woot Thanks For Listening Blizzard ! <3