Upcoming Dungeon Changes and Hotfixes

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 141 142 143 158 Next
Thank you for listening

I sincerely think that the team as a whole is doing a wonderful job at listening to players' concerns, communicating them, fixing them and just making the whole experience more enjoyable for everyone.

The game is absolutely brilliant! and you guys make us feel like you really really care! thank you!!
Excellent. Thank you for changing it back. I was actually coming back to the thread to tell you about the warrior that need rolled on int plate boots, and the ret pally that needed an agi polearm. But it's 'k now, so thanks :)
11/21/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Rygarius

[ul]
  • With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.

• Does this change also affect Personal Loot in raids?
    11/21/2014 11:24 AMPosted by Rygarius
    11/21/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Xzistance
    I know how this question will be answered but still figured I would ask anyway. Any ETA on when the hotfix will go in for this (other than soon™ if possible) so we can get back our personal loot system?

As quickly as we can. The hotfix has to be tested first to make sure it works before being implemented.

Thank you guys! Need before Greed was a step in the wrong direction.
    Soon as the hotfix lands, I'll be back to the Heroic grind. Thanks for listening, Blizzard ! =]
    If it hasn't been suggested, perhaps have a personal loot roll after each boss (which is undoubtedly happening in the code anyway) that the player initiates to award loot. Perhaps the personal loot awarded is only gold. But you get to roll for something and that is the "ceremony" being missed by some. Perhaps have this personal loot roll be an option that can be turned off for people who don't miss it.
    Thank you so much for listening to the outcry, and reverting this change. You had it right the first time, but now you're rolling it out even stronger with the final boss tweak.

Spot on and excellent job!
    Thanks for all the feedback on these changes. As a team, we do prefer personal loot as a solution for Dungeon Finder groups, which is why we modified and extended the system we’ve had in place for Raid Finder. We heard from sources both within our team and the community that the experience of defeating a boss and no ceremony beyond three gold on its corpse, or the possibility of finishing an entire dungeon without seeing any items, felt flat and even a bit broken. Based on those concerns, we decided to roll back a system that had been in place for a week to a system that had been in use for years, while we continued to polish and refine the personal loot system to deliver an optimal experience to players. However, we underestimated the impact and positive elements of personal loot, in terms of reducing contention and drama in random match made groups.

We now have a hotfix in the works that will do two things:

• The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
  • We're increasing loot yield from the final boss of each dungeon.
    • With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.
    • With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.

• Thank you. I'm glad need before greed is gone. The system was really poor, and didn't work based on spec, allowing people of one spec to monopolize on the many different sets available to them.

This just happened to me less than 15 minutes ago, to say I'm not very angry about the abuse of that old system, would be untrue.

Personal loot system is excellent, even before these changes.
    Another vote for personal loot. ^^
    THANK YOU thank you thank you for bringing personal loot back !!!!!

Blizzard you guys are doing an amazing job with everything!! Keep it up and thank you again :)
    Thanks for all the feedback on these changes. As a team, we do prefer personal loot as a solution for Dungeon Finder groups, which is why we modified and extended the system we’ve had in place for Raid Finder. We heard from sources both within our team and the community that the experience of defeating a boss and no ceremony beyond three gold on its corpse, or the possibility of finishing an entire dungeon without seeing any items, felt flat and even a bit broken. Based on those concerns, we decided to roll back a system that had been in place for a week to a system that had been in use for years, while we continued to polish and refine the personal loot system to deliver an optimal experience to players. However, we underestimated the impact and positive elements of personal loot, in terms of reducing contention and drama in random match made groups.

We now have a hotfix in the works that will do two things:

• The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
  • We're increasing loot yield from the final boss of each dungeon.
    • With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.

• 3 pieces from the last bosses loot table or 3 pieces from all of the bosses loot table?
    Thank you for making this change.
    PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW..

THANK GOODNESS FOR COMMON SENSE!!!
    Thanks Blizzard for bringing it back.
    Is it back yet?
    Thank youuu SO much for these changes. <3 <3 <3
    11/21/2014 11:37 AMPosted by Galdeth
    sweet so now i wont get any loot but from last bosses oh well better than when expac launched i got nothing at all for 5-6 dungeons at a time.

Because that never happened with NBG before, nope. Never ever. Everyone did a few heroics and had all their gear slots filled, yup.
    Flying: NO FLYING. Lots of complaints. STILL NOT FLYING
    Loot: A few complains. OMG SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING.

Do y'all use a dart board to make decisions or what?
    We heard from sources both within our team and the community that the experience of defeating a boss and no ceremony beyond three gold on its corpse, or the possibility of finishing an entire dungeon without seeing any items, felt flat and even a bit broken.
    Yes it does suck, but it is FAR better than Need before greed with these current loot tables. I know I have stated I hate personal loot, but i have always geared that mostly towards raids. And even then I don't hate it enough to leave groups that run like that.

Personal loot for pugs should be the standard. Premades can choose already. So if you see me post anything about how I hate personal loot, please understand I am talking about mu own premades in raids. Especially considering 5 mans were designed with personal loot in mind.
    11/21/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Pandalum
    Flying: NO FLYING. Lots of complaints. STILL NOT FLYING
    Loot: A few complains. OMG SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING.

Do y'all use a dart board to make decisions or what?

Flying is still very much 50/50.

Loot isn't.