Upcoming Dungeon Changes and Hotfixes

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 148 149 150 158 Next
11/21/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Ayrendal
Will forgive the twitter update *this* time :)

Lore@CM_Lore31m
Personal Loot hotfix is rolling out now to all live servers. Should be active shortly! (Will not apply to dungeons already in progress)

Yay!
11/21/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Rygarius
Thanks for all the feedback on these changes. As a team, we do prefer personal loot as a solution for Dungeon Finder groups, which is why we modified and extended the system we’ve had in place for Raid Finder. We heard from sources both within our team and the community that the experience of defeating a boss and no ceremony beyond three gold on its corpse, or the possibility of finishing an entire dungeon without seeing any items, felt flat and even a bit broken. Based on those concerns, we decided to roll back a system that had been in place for a week to a system that had been in use for years, while we continued to polish and refine the personal loot system to deliver an optimal experience to players. However, we underestimated the impact and positive elements of personal loot, in terms of reducing contention and drama in random match made groups.

We now have a hotfix in the works that will do two things:

• The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
  • We're increasing loot yield from the final boss of each dungeon.
    • With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.
    • With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.

• Just tried it out, it was great. Thanks.
    11/21/2014 03:45 PMPosted by Selina
    11/21/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Ayrendal
    Will forgive the twitter update *this* time :)

Lore@CM_Lore31m
    Personal Loot hotfix is rolling out now to all live servers. Should be active shortly! (Will not apply to dungeons already in progress)

Yay!

Bow?
    THIS IS EVEN MORE AMAZING THAN BEFORE, THANK YOU FOR THE REVERT. I LOVE YOU GUYS!
    Personal Loot is infinitely the better system, NBG is draconic, full of !@#$%^-s, and creates a negative atmosphere in pugs, (which are already fickle enough for the poor dps who wait hours to play and then are met with a broken group because someone rolled for their "offspec". Personal Loot is miles ahead of NBG please implement it back so i can start queuing again.
    Just wanted to let you all know that the personal loot system is back in place. At least it was for my random heroic group.
    Thanks for all the feedback on these changes. As a team, we do prefer personal loot as a solution for Dungeon Finder groups, which is why we modified and extended the system we’ve had in place for Raid Finder. We heard from sources both within our team and the community that the experience of defeating a boss and no ceremony beyond three gold on its corpse, or the possibility of finishing an entire dungeon without seeing any items, felt flat and even a bit broken. Based on those concerns, we decided to roll back a system that had been in place for a week to a system that had been in use for years, while we continued to polish and refine the personal loot system to deliver an optimal experience to players. However, we underestimated the impact and positive elements of personal loot, in terms of reducing contention and drama in random match made groups.

• The default loot system for Dungeon Finder groups will once again be Personal, instead of Need Before Greed. Full premade groups that prefer the latter system will be able to select it manually, as always.
    • With Personal loot active, each player in a group will now always receive an item from the final boss.
    • With Need Before Greed active, the boss will now drop 3 items to be shared among the group as desired, up from 2 previously.

• I LOVE YOU GUYS! Congress can learn a thing or two from you about listening to people.
    This is pretty damn cool. Thanks Blizz.

• Amazing change!

Thank you!

EDIT: I am loving this new change in how you are LISTENING to your players rather than ignoring them. Keep it up and your subscription numbers will keep on going up!
    But what if you don't want the item from the final boss and instead wanted one from a previous boss?
    I would honestly much rather the item be randomly selected from ALL of the bosses rather than just the last one...
    Thank you. You're my favorite Hippogryph in the whole world!
    My reading comprehension is surely off, but within the 1st post, you said personal loot is being removed from dungeons, and also that it is being kept in dungeons?

I'm a little ADD, and 150 pages and 3000 posts is too much to go looking through. It is easier for me to just ask again. Which I'm sure others have asked.

I normally just do dungeons for CTA, for exp, for gold, to kill time, or for upgrades. But in the old system I clicked need if I needed something, or pass if not. Lately stuff just popped into my bags or not.

I take it as it goes, but some clarification on what to expect would be nice?
    Since you're making changes to the loot system, you should consider making bosses drop a minimum of one item when Personal loot is on. A party would still have a chance to get multiple pieces off one boss, but never less than one.

This would make Personal Loot yield much more gear than Need Before Greed, but other alterations to either system can help balance that issue.
    I enjoy the reversion to personal loot, but may-hap you're being too generous with guaranteed loot from the last boss? Perhaps a ebtter idea would be an increased chance for any boss to drop instead of the last being guaranteed, often times loot people need doesn't drop from the last boss.
    Thanks for taking steps to address this. While the personal loot system definitely has it's benefits, something has definitely felt like it was missing from the dungeon experience.

It sounds strange, but I miss the brief excitement of seeing a loot window pop up, wondering if it’s something you could use. "No ceremony" is a good way to describe it. Interested in seeing what you guys come up with for a long-term solution.
    So, when can we see this hotfix take effect? I'm still grouping and its still NbG.
    I don't know about a guaranteed drop of the last boss, or any boss, but I just ran Iron Docks and we couldn't loot either the Enforcers or Skulloc. Just no sparkling body, period (I guess I"ll wait to see if Postmaster will have something for me in a while). So all this flipping of loot system back and forth is exacerbating existing glitches.

I don't really care one way or another, I won a couple of pieces on NbG loot running on my tank earlier today, and I lost some pieces to people with higher rolls...I can deal with that. Personal loot is nice too, except when the actual looting mechanic is broken.
    I love this, I LOVE THIS!

Blizzard, Thank You!!!

Default Personal Heroic Loot Is Amazing!

Thank you so much for listening to feedback. Personal Loot is kind a grind because its not short term based and i feel the players who hate it don't understand what it prevents.

When i kill a boss i want to move to the next group fast...not check the rolls on an item and see who was the item Ninja. Then have drama hit the group.

When personal loot was turned off, i did not win a single item and lost out on two warforged items, and had two groups fall apart from accusations of ninja looting.

Thanks, Thanks and a million more thanks!
    Lovely change - we just ran Iron Docks Heroic and one piece dropped on the first boss. The last boss dropped a Bulging Stacked Card Deck with gold in it.

What a total waste of time for zero loot. Perhaps you should FULLY test hotfixes before implementing them? Put it back to need before greed, up the drop count and make it so that you cant roll on any gear that is not useable in your CURRENT spec. IE hybrids not rolling on off spec cloaks, rings, weapons etc.

It should not have to be a free for all with strength users taking agility gear, holy pallies taking prot pieces etc.